The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A few more cybernetics?

Itd be nice to have a few more varied cyber-bits and bobs again. Particularly a couple more of the "mechanical right hand, bare flesh left hand" and mirror image look. Well, ideally a suite of about five; right prosthesis, left prosthesis, both prosthesis, and a choice of gloves or ungloved for the organic hand.

For preference, a high gloss metal finish on the mechanical hand, and colour mapped to take dyes, so that, for instance, yellow dye would yield metallic gold[1], and so on. There are some decent ones, but the only asymmetric one with a fingered hand (rather than the claw) has an oversized gauntlet and makes weird things poke through the fingertips of the fleshy hand, during cut scenes, for some reason.

[1] Not that my Darth Nox is crazy enough to randomly saber off her hand at the wrist and replace it with one sliced off of C2-N2. Well, she is if the wind's blowing nor'nor'west, but she lost that hand to a prototype Isotope-5 droid on Makeb, so she's got an excuse.

Edited by RowanThursday

Itd be nice to have a few more varied cyber-bits and bobs again. Particularly a couple more of the "mechanical right hand, bare flesh left hand" and mirror image look. Well, ideally a suite of about five; right prosthesis, left prosthesis, both prosthesis, and a choice of gloves or ungloved for the organic hand.

For preference, a high gloss metal finish on the mechanical hand, and colour mapped to take dyes, so that, for instance, yellow dye would yield metallic gold[1], and so on. There are some decent ones, but the only asymmetric one with a fingered hand (rather than the claw) has an oversized gauntlet and makes weird things poke through the fingertips of the fleshy hand, during cut scenes, for some reason.

Sounds good, would be nice to get some new cybernetic heads , that look like droid heads. I've mixed and matched a few different sets, and they look good, but it's hard to find a decent head. The bionic (i think) headset is cool, but slightly big, and i like the eye popping out droid thingy ;)

[1] Not that my Darth Nox is crazy enough to randomly saber off her hand at the wrist and replace it with one sliced off of C2-N2. Well, she is if the wind's blowing nor'nor'west, but she lost that hand to a prototype Isotope-5 droid on Makeb, so she's got an excuse.

Sure, sure, we believe, now put down that lightsaber and step away 5 paces ;)

although being a sith 5 paces isn't much....oops

Edited by DarkTergon

Hmm, there's an idea.. we have that commemorative HK-55 inspired helmet. I've never actually worn it in a cutscene, I wonder if it has a voice filter. Take one sniper class Imperial Agent, add suitable cybernetic armour, a grey dye for the '51 look, and the HK helm... Interrogative: Who's scary now, Kaliyo? Edited by RowanThursday

Hmm, there's an idea.. we have that commemorative HK-55 inspired helmet. I've never actually worn it in a cutscene, I wonder if it has a voice filter. Take one sniper class Imperial Agent, add suitable cybernetic armour, a grey dye for the '51 look, and the HK helm... Interrogative: Who's scary now, Kaliyo?

I've done that, used the HK helmet, it's ok, but it's not complete, so if the char is a completely different colour then the helm, you can see his chin...lol.

I've done that, used the HK helmet, it's ok, but it's not complete, so if the char is a completely different colour then the helm, you can see his chin...lol.

^This^. It's a cosplay helmet(1), not a real one. See: https://i.imgur.com/Vz72dAB.jpg , and there are also glimpses of the rear corners of your character's jaw if you look from the side. Sorry, I didn't think to take a screenie of that.

For a rather spindly full-on droid look, C2-N2's emaciated cousin:

* Imperial Bastion Mask

* Series 212 Cybernetic Torso (the only Cybernetic torso with two fully cyber arms)

* Battleworn Engineer's Gloves

* Classic Contractor's Belt

* Series 614 Cybernetic Legs

* Series 212 Cybernetic Feet

* Covert Energy Bracers

(1) Yes, your SWTOR character can wear this when he (or in the case above, she) wants to cosplay *in*game*.

Somehow, that makes it even more twisted. Though I suppose for, say, a Bounty Hunter, it makes a certain sense. A bit like a Kaleesh wearing a skull mask, or another hunter wearing a necklace of teeth.

"How dangerous is the Grand Champion of the Great Hunt? She wears the cranium of the first Hunter Killer droid she brought down as her battle helm."

Now my Inquisitor wants to mount Vaylin's head on a spike on the front of her Speeder. Or might that cause slightly awkward companion conversations with Senya and Arcann?

Edited by RowanThursday

Now my Inquisitor wants to mount Vaylin's head on a spike on the front of her Speeder. Or might that cause slightly awkward companion conversations with Senya and Arcann?

Sounds great, we can have a mount tuning now, add a little spice or flavour to our favorite mounts ;)