Legacy Unlock: Class Titles

Ylliarus

Do KotFE or KotET grant any class specific titles? I tend to skip them as I really can't stand the Zakuul story and move to Iokath right after Ziost. If I recall from back when I played them, neither Fallen Empire or Eternal Throne gives any class specific titles, no?

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. So, that would mean that my initial thought that there are no class specific titles given with KotFE and KotET is correct.

Not quite. There is actually one exception I know of and it is a pretty big one. You get the "Colonel" title for the Trooper class during chapter 11 of KotFE. When you first meet Aric Jorgan and his team he tells you that you received the title posthumously when you were considered KIA. Later on during the conversation at the refugee camp before the big showdown, Jorgan is talking about what it will take to get you reinstated and you have to choose the third dialogue option that says "I'm keeping the promotion" to get the title unlocked for your character. You have no chance to get it retroactively if you chose to skip the entire chapter or took one of the other answers. Suffice it to say that this is a pretty damn important title to receive for a Trooper character and it would be very nice to get without having to go through chapter 11 of KotFE with every one of them in your legacy.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Personally I think if the titles are important to you then do the content. I wouldn't be a fan of the adding it to legacy.

As I stated in other posts within this thread, I have already done the content time and time again. And I will keep doing the class stories time and time again until they shut down the servers for good in (hopefully) the very distant future.

As such, it would merely be a Quality of Life improvement if in some cases, we could skip the class stories to the newer story content, but still have access to the class titles. If you have done the content before, then there is no reason why you couldn't retrieve the class titles from the Legacy system.

There is no reasonable argument against it and there is no reason to be against it. If you don't want to make use of the feature, then you don't have to, you could ignore such a feature in the Legacy system if you wanted to. And the fact others would be able to retrieve the class titles through a Legacy unlock (under the condition they had completed the respective class story at least once before) has absolutely no impact on you. If this feature would not influence you in any way, why would you be against it?

Not quite. There is actually one exception I know of and it is a pretty big one. You get the "Colonel" title for the Trooper class during chapter 11 of KotFE. When you first meet Aric Jorgan and his team he tells you that you received the title posthumously when you were considered KIA. Later on during the conversation at the refugee camp before the big showdown, Jorgan is talking about what it will take to get you reinstated and you have to choose the third dialogue option that says "I'm keeping the promotion" to get the title unlocked for your character. You have no chance to get it retroactively if you chose to skip the entire chapter or took one of the other answers. Suffice it to say that this is a pretty damn important title to receive for a Trooper character and it would be very nice to get without having to go through chapter 11 of KotFE with every one of them in your legacy.

Huh, I had absolutely no idea! That is indeed a very nice title and I can imagine it would be easy to miss if you don't pick the correct option. A Legacy unlock system would indeed enable players to still get access to it, even if they chose a different dialogue option. Especially if they played both the Trooper class story and chapter 11 of KotFE.

Edited by Ylliarus

• 2 weeks later...
I would love this as a feature. I hate having a Inquisitor who's constantly referred to as Acolyte but doesn't have the title, while the Warrior gets it. I think it would be awesome for other classes too because then players can personalize their characters more.

I would love this as a feature. I hate having a Inquisitor who's constantly referred to as Acolyte but doesn't have the title, while the Warrior gets it. I think it would be awesome for other classes too because then players can personalize their characters more.

Inqs do get the darth title . Can't say when here, as the spoiler tag's don't appear to be working for me, but if you follow the story to the end, you'll get the title of 'Darth'

That would require a class title port, as the Acolyte title is only given to Warriors. Which is not how the idea I am proposing would work. The idea I speak of, is that you can unlock class titles only for the class you are playing on a toon that doesn't have the titles and only if you have completed the respective class story at least once before.

For example, should you roll an instant level 70 Sith Inquisitor and you have completed that class story on a different toon before, then through the legacy unlock system you could unlock all the Sith Inquisitor titles on your instant level 70. That means that the titles of the Sith Warrior would not be available to you to unlock on your Sith Inquisitor toon.

On top of that, the unlock system should only work if you have skipped the class stories, not while you are playing them. Because if you're playing the class stories and you're still an Acolyte on Korriban, it wouldn't be fitting if you could already claim the Lord or Darth title. However, if you have skipped to one of the expansions or until the most revent story content (Onslaught), then the legacy unlock should be available to players, of course under the above mentioned conditions.

Edited by Ylliarus