The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What is the reason behind Hard sage/sorc nerf?

ohshutup

I am wondering what is the reason behind this hard nerf. You had your negative feedback on it before yet persistently nothing has changed. Sage/Sorc is an average dps as is stands without the nerf. Check the parsley. It also doesn't bring any essential team utility. Why make it unusable like this?

You are simply removing force speed ability by giving 5 second increase on alacrity with very narrow window. However, you also give me random lag spikes a lot. Maybe you should just delete the gathering storm set entirely. Or better yet delete the entire class.

There is no alternative set either, who is going to compensate all the investment to amplifiers etc ?

I play star wars to use the force not shooting. Why are you forcing ranged dps to be a gunslinger etc remastering "why bring a sage" again?

It's called balance.

If you want to go QQ but i'm pve, just in this same page you couldve seen that the damage was compensated elsewhere.

I hope you feel ashamed, cause you should. Read the notes and inform yourself rather than making this kind of knee jerk thread that makes you look bad.

Edited by Nemmar

It's called balance.

If you want to go QQ but i'm pve, just in this same page you couldve seen that the damage was compensated elsewhere.

I hope you feel ashamed, cause you should. Read the notes and inform yourself rather than making this kind of knee jerk thread that makes you look bad.

where is it compensated? it lost 1k-1.5k dps on parse got nothing in return! now we are the only dps spec (TK/lightning) who cant hit 23k. and lost thee force speed entirely..

and where is your " balance" when im force to activate polarity shift/alacrity with this lag spikes? yea im the one who should be ashamed..

Edited by ohshutup

where is it compensated?

- Reverberating Force / Reverberation critical hit chance bonus increased from 5% to 15%

- Convulsing Currents / Magnifying Vibrations now grants a 10% damage increase to Crushing Darkness / Mind Crush while Polarity Shift / Mental Alacrity is active

Here is the compensation. Also lightning needed a nerf.

It's called balance.

Gunslinger detected.

What you call "compensated", compensates almost nothing. The Gathering Storm mechanics were not good from the beginning, yet it is still the best set for sorc/sage. But now BW cut it in half and in return offers a couple of small buffs. One of them is crit chance buff, which is RNG and has very, very little effect.

So, go ahead just delete the entire set or better the entire class, as topic started already said.

There are quite a few threads already up discussing this change. If I had to guess it's because sorcs / sins / operatives are borderline oppressive in their current state when played well in pvp. They exceeded viability and stepped into OP territory. I personally don't think sorcs were as bad as sins, operatives, or snipers in terms of burst damage; but when you combine their dps with their ability to endlessly kite, control, phase walk, and self heal it was just a tad too much imo. They needed to lose a bit of damage, mobility, or control for the sake of balance.

I imagine changes to damage output are probably the easiest to make and don't require a rework of the entire class.

PVP here is clunky and dumb as hell. Even in WoW with huge imbalance between classes and specs PVP is much, much better at least in mechanics aspect.

PVE and storytelling are what for most of us do love SWtoR. So I ask BW devs again and again: please, do not sacrifice strong sides of the game in favor of weak and dumb sides.

There are quite a few threads already up discussing this change. If I had to guess it's because sorcs / sins / operatives are borderline oppressive in their current state when played well in pvp. They exceeded viability and stepped into OP territory. I personally don't think sorcs were as bad as sins, operatives, or snipers in terms of burst damage; but when you combine their dps with their ability to endlessly kite, control, phase walk, and self heal it was just a tad too much imo. They needed to lose a bit of damage, mobility, or control for the sake of balance.

I imagine changes to damage output are probably the easiest to make and don't require a rework of the entire class.

thanks for humane explanation without throwing insults, I am mostly PVE oriented and progressed legacy NiMs for some time ago and sometimes do pvp for fun. While i do not claim to be any pro at pvp my *** is getting kicked when im focused by sins and maras. Now that we dont have the kite anymore its free buffet i think. Go for it FoTM'S

But the main issue here why PVE experience is nerfed because of some special snowflakes couldn't handle good kiting sorcs on PVP? It is great playing experience to play on high alacrity and mobility, playing fast is very enjoyable experience! It ruins the playing experience to activate Polarity shift/m.alacrity "while force speed is active" . I have extremely small window to USE my set. if the bonus is missed due to small lag spike whole set become useless paper that does not contribute to anything. Whats better is there is no alternative!

You're welcome. Like I said it's my best guess. I'm sure some of the good sorc players can chime in and educate us both further.

I've heard that this change makes the rotation really clunky, so hopefully they streamline it in the future or before the patch goes live.

Lightning lost about 500-700 DPS, not 1.5-2k. If they think that's too much, then they can easily make additional adjustments before releasing 6.1.1. I personally think it would be nice if we didn't lose DPS at all, but dummy numbers aren't the whole story. Lightning is one of the most mobile ranged specs so it won't lose nearly as much as other specs, especially compared to Sniper, and can significantly increase its DPS in actual fights with Lightning Barrier. In general,

Lightning Barrier is a lot more consistent than a lot of the retaliatory damage than merc as well since it can be used a whole lot more frequently than Pyro Shield and is usable on a lot more fights than Responsive Safeguards.

Madness didn't really seem to change and might have even gotten buffed a little bit. It's hard to tell. It's clearly not a hard nerf by any means and I haven't gotten to try healing yet.

Really, you're getting way too upset and hyperbolic over a relatively small nerf to Lightning.

Just as madness is viable in nim ops on Live (even before today's patch changing bolster), it's also viable on PTS (It keeps pace just fine w/ other dot specs like virulence in nim dxun). Polarity shift not lighting up when force speed is used is a bit annoying at first, but one gets used to it.