The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the point to remove all burst damage? TTK way too high

StrikePrice

All the DPS changes in 6.1.1 & 6.1.2 seem to be to remove burst damage and turn every spec into a sustained damage spec. Can you please just make this an official position so we can plan on things going forward? It truly seems like you made some burst damage classes fun by accident and now you have to fix that. :(

If you look at PVP, TTK is far too high as it is from a game perspective. Even bringing down healing will not help that. There are sooo many self-heals, DCD, "oh ****" buttons and etc.that TTK has become ridiculous. You did a *good* job adding burst DPS to combat that problem, but now you're removing it.

You should be adding burst damage to other specs not removing it from current specs. I'm one of those rare players that play a Madness Sorc, a Hatred Sin and a Lethality Operative. All three of those spec underperform horribly when it comes to burst damage. You should be adding burst damage to those specs and leaving the Tactical set and Death Knell set alone.

Edited by StrikePrice

It's so funny to see people who played the OP specs now crying foul when they knew full well they were OP and were gonna be nerfed.

Get over it. Easy mode is gone, but you can survive.

I actually played some of these specs, but not for long cause it was too easy mode. I welcome these changes, cause i play every class and i want to feel like i deserve my kills, not cause i exploited the system for easy mode.

Indirectly, this makes more specs have a chance, wich is good for everyone.

Edited by Nemmar

You should be adding burst damage to other specs not removing it from current specs. I'm one of those rare players that play a Madness Sorc, a Hatred Sin and a Lethality Operative. All three of those spec underperform horribly when it comes to burst damage. You should be adding burst damage to those specs and leaving the Tactical set and Death Knell set alone.

You know why those specs underperform in burst damage? They're DoT specs! They're not supposed to be bursty! The biggest strength of the DoT specs in PvP is their capacity to deal a high amount of AoE damage rotationally. If I were BioWare, I would balance PvP such that the burst specs get to pick off one or maybe two people with their offensive cooldowns, but require some sort of sustained DPS from the DoT specs (like DoT spread) in order to finish them off. A round of burst without cooldowns should only get you 70-80% of the way through someone's health.