Where is our Classic server ?!?

Elyx

• 2 months later...
Perfect timing for one.

I tend to agree, it seems to be a pretty popular thing to do right now. EA/BW might want to entertain jumping on that bandwagon because it could fizzle out. Remakes and reboots are really popular lately but that wasn't always the case and will not always be the case.

Ahh, to be able to get back to the core worlds, well paced leveling, no Cartel market, talent trees back, all win IMO.

I definitely enjoyed the pacing of the original game, but I don't think it's very comparable to, say, WoW/Classic WoW for a few reasons.

Remember that SWTOR released in a very unpolished state, and it lost a lot of players. Many of those players have still never given the game a second chance. It took several patches to bring the game up to snuff and a lot of damage was done. I think it would be a hard sell for a lot of players unless a number of issues that seriously, negatively impacted the game's popularity are rectified right from the start.

Part of the reason WoW Classic is so popular is because a significant majority of the original quests, stories, and zones have long since been removed from the game or "updated" (read: changed drastically) and quite literally can no longer be experienced in the main game. By contrast the overwhelming majority of SWTOR's original 1-50 story content can still be experienced by all players. This is simply not a problem in SWTOR.

I see a lot of replies here bring up the many quality of life updates the game has received over the years, or various cartel market additions that would not be available. I think there are two potential solutions to this. The first is simply realizing that there may be a niche but viable market for those of us (myself included) who are perfectly fine with this and that such a project simply may not be targeting those who cannot enjoy the game without these additions. The second is to do what Lotro did, and simply stick with the modern client and all its additions but roll back content release and unlock it in chronological order. I think some sort of compromise between the two would probably be best, given SWTOR's rocky start.

Considering we are down to 5 servers, 3 english speaking ones, I doubt a classic one would take off, or even be worth the effort for them to create it. It would be nice if they brought back the starter mission, heroics, missions, etc, thaat were removed, so you can have aa little bit of 'classic' play. But over all, I think the QoL chaanges in the last few years have been amazing.Also if they added an increase difficulty setting in missions that are instanced, it would also help people re live some of the earlier 'harder' content.