The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Marauder and Sentinel Set Bonus in 6.1.1 - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

With 6.1.1 coming to PTS, Marauders and Sentinels will be getting a new Set Bonus. Below you can find the "Comet Champion" Set Bonus. This Set Bonus will be the guaranteed Marauder/Sentinel Set Bonus from the Master Mode difficulty of The Nature of Progress Operation. (Note: This Set Bonus will also have a small chance to be gotten via the random boxes from either Kai Zykken or the Spoils of War Vendor.)

Marauder:

(2) 2+% Mastery

(4) Killing an enemy generates 2 rage and grants you a speed boost for 1 second, stacking up to 5 times.

(6) Activating Berserk does damage to all targets around you, dealing damage to up to 8 enemies.

Sentinel:

(2) 2+% Mastery

(4) Killing an enemy generates 2 rage and grants you a speed boost for 1 second, stacking up to 5 times.

(6) Activating Zen does damage to all targets around you, dealing damage to up to 8 enemies.

Let us know your thoughts! This Set Bonus can be obtained from a vendor on Odessen for testing. The team is specifically looking for feedback on how effective this Set Bonus is on the Master Mode version of The Nature of Progress Operation. It is our intention that this Set Bonus isn't required to beat this difficulty, but it offers extra help with certain mechanics players may experience.

the 4 piece bonus is probably one of the worst in the game, and its a reward for completing some of the hardest content in the game. unbelievable. if it came down to it, i would probably use the victors set over this.

if you are going to mostly be rewarding this as a part of operations, a master mode at that, it should be even slightly beneficial to that player group. on kill effects sound okay on paper but this game is not an enemy hoard slaughter fest, like path of exile or the like. Not to mention the bonus itself is terrible. 2 rage and ONE SECOND of a speed boost? that has to be a typo. If it's 10 seconds and that is a typo, that is still only marginally better because most operations don't call for a speed boost, let alone one that can only be capitalized on rare occasions where an add dies at the single perfect frame. Even if a fight does benefit from a speed boost, maras have this awesome ability called predation, which even applied to the whole group.

The 6 piece bonus could possibly be usable, mara does lack super powerful AOE, but it depends completely on how much damage it actually does (My pts is downloading as i write this).

I believe this is just part of the issue of maras being completely ignored this expansion and lacking any sort of care many other classes are getting. out of all of our available sets, most are terrible and incredibly situational at best. decent of the fearless being the exception. our tacticals are in an embarrassing state compared to most other classes and there are no visible changes to mara on the PTS this go round. maras need love too. do not let this go live

I believe this is just part of the issue of maras being completely ignored this expansion and lacking any sort of care many other classes are getting. out of all of our available sets, most are terrible and incredibly situational at best. decent of the fearless being the exception. our tacticals are in an embarrassing state compared to most other classes and there are no visible changes to mara on the PTS this go round. maras need love too. do not let this go live

You do realise that a Mara is more or less in every single successful mastermode raid setup, before & after stack removal? They also have one of the best tacticals & setbonuses in the game for PVE purposes? Especially when it comes to Anni Maras.

The rupture refreshing tactical is incredibly strong & it even makes the entire spec easier to play so it opens up more players to play that class more succesfully.

So i have no clue what you are on about.

This set bonus sounds cool, but the 4 set-piece is completely useless.

Rage isn't needed and would require a kill. Also, 1 second of speed isn't good either.

If anything, put something here that CAN compete with the BiS set, for example, something to give it 10% damage boost flat like the BiS set.

Taking descent of the fearless gives 10% flat damage after using a furious power and spikes your furious power uptime by a ton, that set is so good, literally too strong to even consider another without 10% flat damage boost. The 10% flat damage boost doesn't even have downtime.

(2) %2 Mastery is a joke... For a mara it is a really bad joke...

(4) Assuming this is supposed to be a pve oriented set, I can absolutely see nowhere a speed boost or extra rage generation could even be considered remotely useful. If someone thinks nim raiders are also ranked pvpers, ignore this comment.

(6) Area damage every 13 gcds... As useful as the gene splice tactical. Maybe worth a try if you are really really bored.

I would guess, someone had watched the Dxun operation, particularly the time between red and trandoshians, and thought this will be "cool". Well it is not. It is not even worth the time I spent writing this.

Try loosing the rage buff and merging the (6) piece bonus here

Try making the speed buff raid-wide and much, much longer. (20-30 seconds would maybe make it worthwhile)

For (6) piece put in a raid-wide damage reduction.

You just created a reason to actually use the set in a single encounter in a specific raid. I thought this was what tactical items were for, not set bonuses, but than what do I know...