Guild Quality Of Life

UlaVii

Added a new request to the Guild Banks section:

Please add an option to the vault permissions section "Withdraws Per Legacy". Here is a before and after example. Currently the item withdraw limits are per character meaning that somebody with 20 characters can withdraw a lot more than somebody with 3 characters. Ticking this option would mean the number we enter in the "withdraws per week" would also be "per legacy" so we can say "this player can withdraw 10 items per week" instead of the current version "this player can withdraw 10 items per week on each of their characters".

There are some suggestions here that to me overstep the boundary of what info GM's should be allowed to access.

Which bits specifically?

Still this is a well thought out list for the most part, and if some make it into game Ok.

Are there any items that you saw on the list that you thought were better than others?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added to the Guild Ships & Strongholds section:

Please allow guilds to list their strongholds on the Public Listings tab. Currently it only shows guild ships even if a stronghold is set to be public.

Are there no other guild leaders out there who want to have things improved? Please post your support so the devs know it's not just me shouting into the void.

Even if you've seen people mention it before, mention it again cos that helps us get a good gauge of "oh no it's not just one crazy person on the internet, this is something that's really popular that lots of people are asking about", so it's always good to see

If there's anything you want added to the list or that you don't agree with then say it. I might not add or change everything that is brought up but at least we can publicly discuss it. I think the discussion about the pros/cons of features would be just as important for the developers to see as the actual feature itself.

This does not conflict with the guild summit group's approach. There's no one saying you can't have her as your leader and post here. We all want fixes and upgrades for our guilds.

Edited by UlaVii

• Please add a CSV data export option for all the member related data from the guild roster
  • When a player is banned from the guild, their name and legacy is added to the ban panel. If they rename their legacy they are still prevented from being invited (which is good) but the panel does not update to reflect their new legacy name. Please update the character and legacy name if they change it as this is a trick trolls regularly use.
  • Please include a "Joined Date" for characters. Some guilds promote people based on how long they have been a guild member.
  • Please include a "Set player to rank" context menu option which sets all that players characters to the specified rank.
  • Please increase the guild character limit to 2-3k or make it 1000 accounts with unlimited alts. The key thing here is having room for people to have their alt characters under one roof. The current 1000 character limit is just 100 people with 10 alts, 200 people with 5 alts, 300 people with ~3 alts...

I have quoted the suggestions I personally wanted to give my opinion on as I've read over this. I will do it in descending order:

• I am totally against this. I think this is a feature that would be good in theory but bad in practice; too often have I heard Guildmasters talk about the idea of a collaborative channel for blacklisting, and something like this would easily cater to that desire, which outweighs any positives that could come out of this in my eyes. While I understand there are problematic members in the community, I do not support something that could be used to promote witchhunting. There could be a variety of reasons someone was banned from a guild; or there could be no reason whatsoever. I think it's something to consider when suggesting something that could actively promote the aforementioned behavior. Remember, there's always the chance that some Guildmaster will react based on hearsay or based on one side of a story.

• The person you banned remains banned from the guild. I do not agree with this for the same reason I don't agree with the CSV suggestion. This can be used to witchhunt. I would encourage you to think about the negative implications things like this would have. I think upping the guild ban cap is fine as an alternative, but if you're hitting the cap with this feature, you're probably not using it as intended.

• I'm rather unsure why that needs to be added? "Joined" is already included in the log, it's just under the Generic "Member Management" dropdown.

• This is already possible by shift-clicking on the member roster (Shift+Click+RMB+Action)

• I disagree with this because there are already a lot of big guilds, and quite a few of them enforce an alternate character limit to keep below the cap. The whole guild monopoly aspect of bigger guilds hurt other guilds that are trying to grow or guilds that may cater to that specific player's needs more than yours does. If you're hitting the 1000 member cap, you're probably randomly recruiting instead of recruiting quality members that actually want to be in and contribute to your guild. This, in my opinion, should not be something that is encouraged further by a guild member cap increase.

Edited by ExiledRival

I disagree with this because there are already a lot of big guilds, and quite a few of them enforce an alternate character limit to keep below the cap. The whole guild monopoly aspect of bigger guilds hurt other guilds that are trying to grow or guilds that may cater to that specific player's needs more than yours does. If you're hitting the 1000 member cap, you're probably randomly recruiting instead of recruiting quality members that actually want to be in and contribute to your guild. This, in my opinion, should not be something that is encouraged further by a guild member cap increase.

Don't appreciate you suggesting I run a zerg guild. We haven't posted a recruitment message in several years. People ask to join us because they see how active we are with all the fun things we do.

The only two things that can really be monopolised are the conquest #1 spots and the players themselves. Conquest is just a title and achievement. It's only one part of the game. Players are people, not mindless drones. If they like somewhere they will stay. If they don't like it they will leave.

If a small guild is only surviving because it's taking the overflow from large guilds then they're running the guild wrong. There should be something, anything, that keeps people interested. That could be a great social environment, dedicated raiders, a tight PvP crew etc. Nobody is going to stay somewhere that doesn't interest them or provide for their needs and desires.

Why prevent people having characters where they want to have them.

(About the CSV data export suggestion) I am totally against this. I think this is a feature that would be good in theory but bad in practice; too often have I heard Guildmasters talk about the idea of a collaborative channel for blacklisting, and something like this would easily cater to that desire, which outweighs any positives that could come out of this in my eyes. While I understand there are problematic members in the community, I do not support something that could be used to promote witchhunting. There could be a variety of reasons someone was banned from a guild; or there could be no reason whatsoever. I think it's something to consider when suggesting something that could actively promote the aforementioned behavior.

There are already "Problem Players" channels in several Discord servers although I've only seen two of them. One was quite sloppily moderated and was mainly full of rage venting. The channel in the other server is well managed. Only posts with screenshots/video evidence and backstory are allowed, other posts are deleted, in ~2 years there have probably been less than 20 problem players posted. There are plenty more of these channels out there. I heard one of the role play Discord servers has a pretty crazy one to read through :)

My point is that the CSV export option won't have any impact on guild leaders sharing details about problem players since they are already doing it.

Remember, there's always the chance that some Guildmaster will react based on hearsay or based on one side of a story.

Well that's on them then isn't it. The person who gets kicked is probably better off :p

Personally I'm not that interested in the CSV export option. I added it because somebody else thought it would be good for their own style of guild management. I think it would be great for legacy based conquest point totaling but I'd rather they just added a "Top 10 By Legacy" onto the guild panel. I have removed the CSV export request as I think an in-game solution is the better thing to aim for.

Why prevent people having characters where they want to have them.

Because there has to be a limit. 1000 is a good number actually.

A good mix of accounts & alts. If you're capping that, then it's second guild time. (Like other guilds do.) Use your discord or a custom channel if you want to communicate with those in the alt guilds.

Edited by CaptRogue

Because there has to be a limit. 1000 is a good number actually.

A good mix of accounts & alts. If you're capping that, then it's second guild time. (Like other guilds do.) Use your discord or a custom channel if you want to communicate with those in the alt guilds.

Why is it a good number? There are always complaints of guildmembers that want their alts in one place. And it's always a hassle when alts are sacrificed when the cap is reached. In addition, ppl complain that because large guilds have multiple (sister) guilds conquest targets gets dominated...

Why is it a good number? There are always complaints of guildmembers that want their alts in one place. And it's always a hassle when alts are sacrificed when the cap is reached. In addition, ppl complain that because large guilds have multiple (sister) guilds conquest targets gets dominated...

There will always be complaints, demands, whines of people in games.

The Devs can not make everyone happy. Nor should they try.

Why are alts sacrificed? If both guilds have active players, you still get your rewards, you can get two titles if you take both planets.

They already complain if large guilds like yours take planets by massive numbers too. So either way there is complaints on both. Again you can't please anyone.

You could also make a 2nd guild for low level alts only. Once they hit 75 they can be in the large guild IF there is room. All players get like 2 "mains" of 75.

There are many ways you can work this on your own to make it very viable. And to be honest, you could hold events for the low level alts only, make it special for them. Etc...

Alt guilds work fine, Sanctuary on SF is a prime example, they've two main guilds, and two alts, both work together, and are massivly popular. Also, the GL's respect the conquest system, and most of the time have their guilds targetting the one planet, so that all others are left open.

Alt guilds work fine, Sanctuary on SF is a prime example, they've two main guilds, and two alts, both work together, and are massivly popular.

Thanks, that's another great example of how guilds are forced to maintain more than one guild to house their members characters since they can't all fit in one.

Other factors:

• Split community as they can't share chat (custom chat channel permissions have been broken for 5+ years)
  • More time and effort for officers to manage the guild in general such as Player A in Guild A wants one of their characters invited to Guild B so you have to note their member note, officer note and rank and relog to do the invite
  • Keeping ranks and notes synced across multiple guilds can be quite time consuming
  • Creating and modifying ranks and guild bank permissions across multiple guilds
  • Planning and launching multiple invasions each week
  • Moving multiple guild ships each week
  • Setting multiple guild's perks every two weeks
  • Unlocking multiple guild ships
  • Keeping multiple message of the day texts updated

The alternative is to turn people away. We did that for a while a long time ago and it sucked. We had to maintain a waiting list and regardless of how polite we were about it there were always some people who would ignore what we said and rant on fleet about us being elitest.

Added a couple of new ideas to the Mail System section:

Mail System

• Please change the Guild Mail to only send to characters that have the Primary Star set to avoid people receiving the same mail on every one of their characters
  • Please add a dropdown to the Guild Mail option that lets us pick a rank to mail

I agree with many things said here

most of all smth should be done with FS sums , cus withdraw limit is very problematic in perspective bank can be looted easily

also better rooster would be nice that shows weekly play time on Chars , cus many people avoid removal from guild by loging in and loging out .

Additional settings for repairs should be done, maybe per legacy or per char so its easier set up for progression teams.

Same thing could be done for vaults if anyhow possible.

Also agree very much on Conquest board for guild that shows legacy points that would be awesome

most of all smth should be done with FS sums , cus withdraw limit is very problematic in perspective bank can be looted easily

We literally had the guild bank withdrawals/summons issue come up last night:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/1022149/original.jpg

To put the above into context; one of our officers noticed that a guild member had been directly withdrawing credits. Repairs are not enabled for their rank but they do have a credit allowance set so they can do multiple summons. When the officer contacted them to ask why they were taking credits out their reply was essentially "I saw I could withdraw credits so I did" :(

This keeps happening time and time again for years. Please separate the summons withdrawals into their own option so we can put an end to this problem.

also better rooster would be nice that shows weekly play time on Chars , cus many people avoid removal from guild by loging in and loging out .

That's a good idea, I've added it to the list :)

Additional settings for repairs should be done, maybe per legacy or per char so its easier set up for progression teams. Same thing could be done for vaults if anyhow possible.

The "Per Legacy" for vaults idea was already on the list and I've added the repairs one now as well:

• Please add an option to the vault permissions section "Withdraws Per Legacy". Here is a before and after example. Currently the item withdraw limits are per character meaning that somebody with 20 characters can withdraw a lot more than somebody with 3 characters. Ticking this option would mean the number we enter in the "withdraws per week" would also be "per legacy" so we can say "this player can withdraw 10 items per week" instead of the current version "this player can withdraw 10 items per week on each of their characters".
  • Please add an option to the vault permissions section "Repairs Per Legacy". The use case for this would be so we can enable each player on our progression raid teams to have 1m credits towards repair costs. The current system is per character which means someone with 20 characters has a lot more repair funds than somebody with 2 characters.

The guild bank permissions really need a revamp to take legacies into account as the current "Per Character" setup limits how effectively guild leaders can setup the bank for our guild members which is a shame since it's an important utility feature for a lot of guilds.

Edited by UlaVii

• 2 weeks later...

Added a new section:

Guild Alliances

• Please allow a way for guilds to become "allied". This could work with guilds on the same faction or cross faction.
  • Cross faction would be ace as it would allow guilds who are on both factions to more easily communicate with their own guild members.
  • Please add a new "Guild Alliance" chat tab which is a shared guild chat for allies.
  • Please add a new "Guild Alliance Officers" chat tab which is a shared guild chat for officers in ally guilds.
  • Please add a new guild bank "Alliance" vault so items can be shared between guilds.
  • Please allow access to guild ships and strongholds for allies on either faction.

they already have this, called a custom chat channel

yes, you can set one up imp side, but if you've a rep guild too, they can't use it, I think he was talking about a custom guild channel, that both sides could use, if their guilds were alligned, in some way.

ah Ula vi, hes been crying since like 2013 back on ToFN to have guild size increased. He got it and now crying for more. Same old same old. The games population is already small, what it doesn't need is super guilds with large sections of the playerbase just so he can mask his small one.

Nothing will change though. If they increase it to 2000 he will make more posts crying that its not enough.

Edited by countdemons

they already have this, called a custom chat channel

Custom chat channels have been broken for years. A lot of the commands do not work including the entire permissions system. I covered all that in the section about the Chat Panel. Also, it is not cross faction. Lots of guilds have one on each faction so being able to communicate with each other would help those communities.

thx for taking time to gather all posts and form a very nice list

As for all in all most important points that should be looked into is

FS sums and withdrawn

Repair Allowance per Character

Rooster that shows play time (per legacy or char) , so people cant avoid removal for inactivity by somply loging in and out ... and Also i know people will YELL DISCRIMINATION but it would be nice if rooster acually showed per legacy if player is Sub or Preff/f2p Cus for our guild its problematic if Preff/f2p join cus they cant do events we do and just take spot in guild

and ofc MAIL delay removed cus its horrible and makes it so much longer to mail people rewards, repair credits ....

i get this is anti spam feature but ... there is workaround for all to be satisfied.

Remove Mail Delay option for in between guild members and keep it for non guild members.

Members Cap should be RAISED! YES YES YES

Our guild has issues with not being able to host all alts of people who want to have them in guild cus we have a lot of people wanting to join us for content adn events we provide. We have been struggling and juggling alts and new recruits for a while now, with continuously lowering allowed alt number in guild which is problem in long run ( due to lock outs). Our guild rule is : " In order to join ops runs, progression teams and other events, you need to be on guild character. " We do not allow joining Operations and other events like WBs on non guild chars (especially in prog teams). And this can be frustrating for members cus they are forced to do certain role only once (tank, dps or heal due to lock outs) or pick role they like most and have multiple classes that can do that one. Some ops are better when u have balanced groups (ranged dps, melee dps, certain healing clases) and this is also limited with number of alts u can have.

Yes u can say this can be fixed by making new guild .... but why should any guild do that ? and that is even worse cus then u can take 2 or 3 planets as Invasion target which breaks game experience even further ...

We were small guild ... and i know how hard it is sometimes to get new members ... BUT if u do provide nice relaxing atmosphere , no drama environment and lots of events u will get members and keep them!

Our guild got lot of people due to having Instructional runs for VM ops. And many said no guild wanted to show them stuff ... yes its hard but thats how we build up our guild and now have very good and strong PVE player base, while still continuing Instructional ops.

i went off subject for a bit there :D ... whats my point is allowing and counting people PER ACCOUNT is good solution ... and why would u need a cap of members for guild ... its not needed at all. Why cus Evil 😈 Stroke my Wookie will take all players ... How dare u Ula hwo dare U !!!! But all joking aside they wont if u provide events and stuff in your guild that will make people stick around . People are different and many prefer smaller guilds that big ones . Few of our old members left our guild when we grew and went from casual to very serious PVE guild.

I know that things are much harder for newly formed guild then they were before ... Not many new players and old players wont join new guilds (most of time) so building it up is hard... but still possible and doable it just takes time.

our guild is 3+ years old. and we grew after maybe 2 years. So for 2 years we were small / medium... So it takes time to build up ... A lot of time

and to conclude i belive all said here is very good and Devs should pay attention to suggestions and balance stuff to find middle ground .

Edited by lorddjole

• 3 weeks later...

Added this fix request to the Guild Perks section:

Please fix the active ability guild perks that can be dragged to Quick Slots so they remain where you place them. Currently they only stay in the slot until you relog. When you come back they have been removed.

Added these three:

Guild Ships & Strongholds

• Please separate the Officer Deck from the Bridge Deck on the Imperial Guild Ship so that using the "Reset decorations in room" button does not clear both spaces, which it currently does. As with other decks, they are separated by an elevator so it's easy for new guild ship decorators to mistakenly think that clearing one area will not clear the other.

Recruitment System

• Please allow people with invite permissions to invite their own characters.
  • Please allow people to create guilds on their own. Making it a requirement to have 4 people in a group is pointless. It's a very common occurrence to see people advertising on Fleet and starter planets for people to help by joining their group so they can create their own private personal guild with the intention of the guests leaving afterwards. Clearly people want to have personal guilds. The current 4 person requirement brings no benefit and adds an inconvenience to the process.

I updated this entry to include a suggested solution:

The Guild Info recruitment system only shows the guild leader character itself so if they are on an alt or offline then the "Contact Recruiter" is disabled. Demo. Please change this so that each click randomly selects an online character that has invite permissions.

Love all of this I am not the guild leader but a member of senior staff managing events contests and in game guild mail so all of these would help make this easier more fun just like a game should be! Thanks for all of your suggestions and hears to hoping they listen and can get this going asap!

What we have compiled in this thread is Fantastic!

All suggestions would mean a lot to all gms out there and would make guild itself better for all of its members.

I want once again to stress the thing that is most annoying to me .... MAIL DELAY ! remove it pls :D its very tiring sending conquest or other type of rewards to members ...

besides that i really like suggestion for Decoration reset on officer deck, that sliped my mind fully ... we have made such a mess few times by resetting decos and resetting more then just few rooms