What do you want to see in a class change.

Darkchip

I'd like to see a few changes to the base vanguard class and a few changes to the specs to boost their defensive abilities by moving passives and utilities around.

I think that vanguards should receive a new class passive that increases hold the line's movement speed by 45% - replacing the need for the heroic tier utility "charge the line".

This opens up a utility slot that I would move reflexive shield from tactics into (the one where taking damage reduces energy shield cd). This allows every vanguard subclass to gain access to their main damage reduction tool more often and better solidifies their position as a front-line fighter rather than a glass cannon.

Of course Tactics would then need a new passive - potentially something that triggers when building energy loads to fit Tactic's theme of building up charge then releasing it before restarting the whole process.

Plasmatech should be able to spread incendiary round via explosive surge as it is their only spreadable dot (outside plasma cell).

I did think about moving Plasmatech's adrenaline rush cooldown reduction to a utility as well - but I'm not sure if I'd want to move the 30% damage reduction into that as well since having a 1-2 minute cooldown on a potential 70+ damage resistance could be oppressive. Splitting the reduction and cooldown reduction could work.

Either way, having a way to buff adrenaline rush to commando levels as a utility would be amazing as if fits vanguard's far better than commandos. Who should gain more health from their heal ability? The gunner sitting far back or the front line brawler charging into the middle of the enemy? Who knows, maybe vanguards should even have a base ability that allows adrenaline rush to heal them up to 60% hp without needing a utility.

Essentially, Vanguards still need ways to buff their defensive cooldowns overall if they aren't going to get access to an ability that cheeses whole mechanics like both other tank / dwt classes have. Moving the Plasmatech and Tactics defensive passives to utilities would also buff vanguard tanks by letting them take those utilities for added damage reduction - which would firmly establish them as the premier tank for flat damage reduction, even if they can't completely skip some mechanics.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to see a lot of things on this class, but mostly one between an accuracy debuff (especially for pvp like obfuscate or pacify), an escape ability or something like that that can also be used as a supplement gap closer or gap creator, and a last chance of surviving ability. About the latter i was imagining something similar to Mando in The Mandalorian, when he crouches and starts firing darts around knicking down stormtroopers. I was thinking of something like that channeled that breaks on movement keeping all enemies at distance or unable to attack you, while also healing a bit with a queite long cooldown.

Last but nost least, at which level does Jet Boost arrive now?

an escape ability or something like that that can also be used as a supplement gap closer or gap creator, and a last chance of surviving ability.

I'd like to have 1 charge of Rocket Out on my PT that will work like sniper's roll: with 100%DC and 10% heal.

Also, I think our HO should give us full cc immunity (like Entrench does for snipers). And if our Jet Charge could give us a small shield (idk like 5% or smth) that would be very nice as well))

It would be also nice to see updated models of shoulder cannon and wrist gadgets, they look really outdated now. And deadly onslaught should have a different animation IMO, the current one is too intense lol, I'm not an anime mecha giant transformer, jeez

Edited by Voroschuk

I'd like to have 1 charge of Rocket Out on my PT that will work like sniper's roll: with 100%DC and 10% heal.

Also, I think our HO should give us full cc immunity (like Entrench does for snipers). And if our Jet Charge could give us a small shield (idk like 5% or smth) that would be very nice as well))

It would be also nice to see updated models of shoulder cannon and wrist gadgets, they look really outdated now. And deadly onslaught should have a different animation IMO, the current one is too intense lol, I'm not an anime mecha giant transformer, jeez

Yea you really hit the point on those DCD. And by reading all our comments in this thread i have to admit that we are not asking for the moon to devs. As for graphic appearence and animation, referring to Vanguards, i'd suggest also to re-design how shoulder cannon appear, it's horrible. I quit PT from some yars cuz i'mk a soldier inside, but indeed Deadly Onslaught has no sense, where does all those cannons and missile launcher come from? More thta a mecha giant, i'm not a Cyborg with embodied missile magazines.

That said, always hope for Devs to really do something for our class soon. In the meantime i'm testing an Endurance Build on AP and Plasmatech and works pretty pretty good.