Buy the CE don't play the first day?!

Yachera

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell I got to play SWTOR a month ago for FREE!!!!! You got taken for a ride. I say return your copy and boycott SWTOR. Good thing I don't mod anywhere, I have no patience for QQ. BTW see you all in game for the next 1,3,10 years, or whatever the lifespan of SWTOR may be.

Anybody else who spent the $150 on the CE alittle put off by not being able to play the first day?

P.S. I'm not raging, just alittle put off

no im not pissed because i got it august 19th. I knew from the first day when I purchased the CE that I wasnt going to get in because I knew the rules. Funny how your brain works sometimes.

As this thread descends into hair-pulling, I'd just like to say that MAYBE you won't be screwed by having ordered the CE, Amazon are working to get stuff to you earlier.

Here's an update for customers who have pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic that was scheduled to be released on December 20, 2011. Because beta access ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 19, 2011, we've decided to ship the game early to customers starting December 15, 2011. We'll be updating orders over the next two days and new estimated delivery times will appear in Your Account shortly after our updates are complete. These changes will be applied to your account automatically and there is no action needed on your part. Please see below for an update to estimated delivery times based on shipment method.

New Estimated Delivery Times for the Contiguous US:

* Release Date Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* One-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Two-Day Delivery - on or before 12/19/2011

* Standard Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

* Super Saver Shipping - on or before 12/24/2011

Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and international addresses will also ship earlier than originally planned.

From

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=1&asin=B005B8DRVU&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx2AQQRS2XB6G5L#Mx2AQQRS2XB6G5L

(Sorry for the awful long linky.)

I like how a lot of CE owners are saying they have to wait til after the 20th to play their game. I ordered my CE at Best Buy for store pick up, so yeah I'll def be playing on the 20th, people ordering online should be used to the idea of having to wait for delivery.

or learn to order from places like amazon which will ship it "before" release day and have it arrive ON release day at your doorstep (with a little sticker telling the driver not to deliver it earlier than X release date)

I love the mentality of : you paid 150$ you aren't entitled to early access..

but you are entitled to early access if you pre-ordered the game on day one...

Its kind of funny.. Name one other thing where you pay more for something and get less then someone paying less gets more?

-Just saying.

As this thread descends into hair-pulling, I'd just like to say that MAYBE you won't be screwed by having ordered the CE, Amazon are working to get stuff to you earlier.

From

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shipment-Clarification/forum/Fx2CV073IGYKIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdMsgNo=1&asin=B005B8DRVU&cdSort=oldest&cdMsgID=Mx2AQQRS2XB6G5L#Mx2AQQRS2XB6G5L

(Sorry for the awful long linky.)

Oh, if only I could get rep on this forum. Thank you soo much

It's hard for some ... to find out that they are, in fact, just another customer.

I'd be fine with that. I don't ask for special treatment as a CE purchaser. I just don't want to be penalized.

I would like to play with my friends at launch. My physical copy isn't slated to arrive until the 29th, and no, 9 days isn't the end of the world, but it is a bummer, and I'll be sorry to miss the start.

Good for Amazon for stepping up shipping. Here's hoping EA and other retailers work out a similar plan. No one loses by getting the games in customer hands by launch day.

Its kind of funny.. Name one other thing where you pay more for something and get less then someone paying less gets more?

-Just saying.

And there it is!

The collectors edition, got u stuff IN collectors edition. What u want to be treated like the king of Egypt for the rest of the Old Republics gaming life?

In other games you are treated like kings... not like common rabble as here... :D

Do you think Bioware's actual cost is anything close to what people paid? Most of the items provided are trivial. Plenty of businesses offer a rewards based program for their frequent (read: people who spend more) customers. Just saying.

I think most people are completely missing the point. I pre-ordered the CE and didn't expect to get different treatment or priority for the early game access. However, what I did expect was to not having to wait to have the physical box (for the code) to access the game.

I guess its too bad for what you 'expected' as opposed to what you purchased. Nothing you purchased had anything to do with early access but WHEN you turned in your code had everything to do with it. What you 'expected' and what is actually occuring have nothing to do with one another.

First day is the 20th, you're good.

Think again.

I don't get to play on the 20th because I'll be waiting for my box. Which has an estimated time of delivery of 12/31. No grace period guarantees me not playing on launch day.

Because there was an issue with codes, my August order didn't get my access code placed until December 1st.

Which means I get one day to play Star Wars: The Old Republic (according to SR) and then I get to wait for another 11 days to play again.

No, I'm not good. I feel like I'm being punished for buying the Collector's Edition. Hell, I figured with the 2 extra days added to early release, that I'd get at least 2 days to play before the next "waiting" session ...

:(

Edited by Darth_Alki

Anybody else who spent the $150 on the CE alittle put off by not being able to play the first day?

P.S. I'm not raging, just alittle put off

You were aware of the early access conditions when you purchased it. Are you saying that you have the power to change the terms? The other 1.5 million of us who also preorderd have no say in this, only you?

I guess its too bad for what you 'expected' as opposed to what you purchased. Nothing you purchased had anything to do with early access but WHEN you turned in your code had everything to do with it. What you 'expected' and what is actually occuring have nothing to do with one another.

Just got off the phone with Amazon. I'll be receiving my CE on the 20th, I feel better. this thread may dead in peace now....

-Just saying.

Erm you do get more. you get extra items in the box AND an exclusive in game store. I don't get those things because I did NOT buy the CE. So what are you talking about not getting more than people who paid less?

Yea, I have to admit, for shelling out like 3 times the cash...we def should have all gotten first day invites...i mean come on..it was like 100 bucks more...

I can agree that for the price you guys should have gotten more than toys and a virtual vendor lol

im just dissapointed that I wnt have my game access ON the 20th :( CE should have been at my door on the 19th...

when I pre-ordered shadowbane, galaxies, UO, EQ, WOW, etc... I recieved my order the night before servers went live. Why the hell wouldnt people be pissed about this?

Yes, I paid an extra 100$ for the cool stuff, because I could! but should I be penalized for ordering that?

I dont expect my hard copy until AFTER christmas according to bestbuy :( there goes my vacation...

You guys fail to even read what they tell you and think about it . They said you will have up to 5 days which means you might get up to 5 days or less if you use your brain . They never once said you will get 5 days of play time just that you might get up to 5 days . I got the CE and i don't care if i get in today tommorow or untill the 20th i don't care cause it's not going anywhere and it will be there when i finally get in.

So cool down and relax go watch a movie or read a book or something jeez if the internet crashed for 1 week there would be a rash of suicides due to the lack of imagination you guys have and the lack of social ability to just complain instead of thinking about the situation first.

You can cry all you want you will get in when you get in , crying won't make you get to the front of the line first and goahead and cancle the game don't need players wrecking the mood with your cry baby attitude of not getting what you want like a spolied child.

People act like this is something that is new.

It is a well known fact that if you buy a physical copy through a retailer, they are not going to be able to ship until the day before or the day of release so that no one gets their copy before release.

Unless this is the first pre-order you have ever made in your life on ANYTHING, it is a well known fact.

There has to be some incentive for those who are going to go out and wait in line on the 19th to get their copy, otherwise launch events would be nonexistent and would draw less attention to the game.

Stop complaining, cancel your order, take the $5 loss and go wait in line if you are THAT concerned with it.

You aren't getting to 50 first anyways, as early start people are already half way there.

You guys fail to even read what they tell you and think about it

Lol - He isn't talking about early access. Who fails?

People act like this is something that is new.

This is pre-order. If I order the game ahead of time, with the guarantee of playing before the official launch date, why would I expect to have to wait to play after launch? This is not how things are normally done, and he, and I, am justified in our frustration.

Edited by Doby