So what does everyone want from a sorc update.

Darkchip

I see alot of people keep saying things like madness is bad, Sorc healing is bad and plz no nerf lightning but i don't really see a lot of people writing down what they want to see from the devs to do to our class.

I'l go first i would like to see some decent Tacticals and set for healers right now we are behind the others in healing by a fair bit in our bis gear and our tacticals are not only boring but not really that useful or just pisses off people we use it on (healing hand anyone). All for one and One for all honestly just arn't that useful since you will rarely ever get use outta them unless you set it up to do so, like All for one you basicly set that down under the tank to give them a decent heal and the boost they get is nice but then what happens people see the healing circle and just glomp right on it and kill the bonus effect and no matter how much you yell or scream at them to get off it they won't because healing. On the other hand One for all has the same effect you pop it down in a group and they all scatter which again renders it useless but also a waste of force and when you do get a group to use it the healing boost still isn't really enough to use it very often.

We need some decent Tacticals that give us a boost but doesn't break us like i would take one that is basicly a merc one which lets us move while using darkmend and boosts it's healing effect a nice and simple one that gives us a boost to out mobility and single target healing or we could get one that if we cast roaming mend on the target of our resergance spreads the effect to everyone it jumps to giving us a bit of hot spread.

My suggestion for the set and tacticals:

Revitalized Mystic

(2) +2% Alacrity Rating

(4) Reduces the cooldown of Innervate by 1.5 seconds.

(6) Healing a target with another ability while Resurgence is active on them causes an extra Resurgence tick. Refreshing Resurgence on a target refunds 50 force.

Running dark infusion

- Dark Infusion can be casted while running and heals for 15 % more

Extra Roaming Mend

Roaming Mend gets an extra charge.

Boom, set bonus is good and 2 useful tacticals. Devs please reads this.

All I want is some defence buffs for PvP. As for how it is done, I have two opinions on that, either buff shields and other defensive cooldowns, or buff healing in DPS spec. Giving us some passive defense would be great also, I mean passive defence that is not required to spend an ability point.

Madness needs a tactical to cast / channel force lightning on the move.

It can also use a bit of a defensive passive buff like +2% dr for every stack of wrath you have - this should be a change to a passive on the class ability tree.

Corruption needs better tacticals - like casting unnatural preservation heals nearby allies for that amount or at least half. Roaming mend +1 would be nice.

Set bonus on corruption needs to improve energy regeneration a little btit too.

Lightning is fine as is.

Would love to see them making fore barrier a bit more useful (like reseting active cooldown of phasewalk, or give you 30% health on activation). Or something else.

Right now it is a meme ability - sure you can force a hard swap from yourself for like 8 sec, but afterwards your health is still the same and people just finish you off - like a lot of times itsbetter not to stand around like stupid under the force barrier and just continue to dps. .

My suggestion for the set and tacticals:

Revitalized Mystic

(2) +2% Alacrity Rating

(4) Reduces the cooldown of Innervate by 1.5 seconds.

(6) Healing a target with another ability while Resurgence is active on them causes an extra Resurgence tick. Refreshing Resurgence on a target refunds 50 force.

Running dark infusion

- Dark Infusion can be casted while running and heals for 15 % more

Extra Roaming Mend

Roaming Mend gets an extra charge.

Boom, set bonus is good and 2 useful tacticals. Devs please reads this.

This.

Just seems plain odd that they would give the merc, a heavy armour-wearing class with strong heals, healy shields, a reflect and the powerful defensives granted by Chaff Flare, more mobility. Meanwhile the squishy ranged class with an unimpressive shield, a bubble that renders them useless while it's in use, nerfed heals and an absolute requirement to kite in order to survive (in PvP at least), less mobility.

Seems backwards to me.

* Unnatural Preservation and Force Mend now additionally heal up to 8 allies within 30 meters affected by your Resurgence or Revivification and Rejuvenate or Salvation for 70% of its full healing.

* Recklessness and Force Potency grant Mender’s Surge, causing your next Innervate or Healing Trance to heal instantly and cost no Force.

That sounds like fun (or OP :D)

Edited by EmperorRus

All I want is some defence buffs for PvP. As for how it is done, I have two opinions on that, either buff shields and other defensive cooldowns, or buff healing in DPS spec. Giving us some passive defense would be great also, I mean passive defence that is not required to spend an ability point.

Cant buff the shield realy its one of the most unfun skills to play against for none sorc players

id say we either also need a 1-2 minute DCD on the level of merc reflect or a reversals to where we had actual ofhealing to the point we could be secondary healers to make out squishyness fair altho both of those would cause riots since most people are so conditioned to sorcs being paper that flops over and dies that any thing that brings us back to where we once where or gives us a bit of counterplay to dive whould be considerd broken bye most even tho its not.

One tool i might see working is a copy of the Mage blink from wow.

for the people that dont know it or have never played wow its a what 30-40 yard teleport that brakes a stun

as for maddness it need a slight rework imo its fun spec dont get me wrong but it will either be OP in pvp or UP in pvp becous how how the spec works i would personaly try and make it revolve more around force lightning while reworking stuff like force leach. but since i dont see any of those happening some minor tweaks id give maddness apart from just flatout buffing its output something lightning still needs aswel since once lightning pilar is gone its going to be trash tier again. Add force lightning to the force mobilty Utility and give it the effect that snipers with the channel and the knock back (sorry the name of the spell eludes me :/). Remove the lower damadge from force lightning from the lightning barrage passive and if we want to add a tactica perhaps somthing along the lines of (Force lightning now stuns the target for its duration (45 sec cd) and force lightning now heals for 20%of the damadge done) or something like that dont ask me to do specific numbers im bad with those XD but adding a 3 seconed channeld stun with a 45 second cd seems pretty fair to me considering what classes like operatives get in that slot and a bit of extra healing to ofset you cant use your ofheals while chaneling force lightning if anyone that is better with numbers please feel free to tell me to adjust these to seem more fair XD

Edited by timovdt

as for maddness it need a slight rework imo its fun spec dont get me wrong but it will either be OP in pvp or UP in pvp becous how how the spec works i would personaly try and make it revolve more around force lightning while reworking stuff like force leach. but since i dont see any of those happening some minor tweaks id give maddness apart from just flatout buffing its output something lightning still needs aswel since once lightning pilar is gone its going to be trash tier again. Add force lightning to the force mobilty Utility and give it the effect that snipers with the channel and the knock back (sorry the name of the spell eludes me :/). Remove the lower damadge from force lightning from the lightning barrage passive and if we want to add a tactica perhaps somthing along the lines of (Force lightning now stuns the target for its duration (45 sec cd) and force lightning now heals for 20%of the damadge done) or something like that dont ask me to do specific numbers im bad with those XD but adding a 3 seconed channeld stun with a 45 second cd seems pretty fair to me considering what classes like operatives get in that slot and a bit of extra healing to ofset you cant use your ofheals while chaneling force lightning if anyone that is better with numbers please feel free to tell me to adjust these to seem more fair XD

Madness needs either extra DR/drain heals - which would put it into conflict with Lightning's own options for tankiness - or more mobility. I would prefer the latter to keep it as different from the other specs as possible, so a force lightning cast while moving would be sweet. Seeing as how it slows the target as well though, wouldn't that be a little OP? Maybe not, with all the immunities and such flying around these days - Fury Mara and Ops would still laugh at them - but it would be a fun and useful kiting tool.

I like the suggestion of tying it into a utility, that would even things out a bit I think.

Sorcerer:

• Remove Phase Walk casting time/GCD.

Madness:

• Merge Dark Echo to Lingering Nightmares
  • New level 68 passive: When your Force Lightning deals damage, you have a 100% chance to gain <:p> causing you to absorb 60% of all incoming damage for 2 seconds. Cannon occur more than once every 15 seconds.
  • Wrath changes(level 24 passive) Wrath now gives a 35% damage bonus (up from 25%)
  • Parasitism changes. DoTs heal you for 15% (up from 10%)
  • Fulminating Current changes(level 64 passive). Dealing damage with Force Lightning increases the critical chance of your damaging periodic effects by 2% and damage of Lightning Burns by 9% for 15 seconds(up from 10). Stacks up to 4 times.
  • Lightning Burns changes(level 40 passive) Force Lightning has a 20% chance and Lightning Strike has a 100%(up from 60%) chance to restore 2 force and deal a small amount of energy damage to the target.

Tactical items:

Mystic’s Ruthless Blade changes:

Demolish deals 15%(down from 20%) more damage on the initial hit. Additionally, Demolish resets the cooldown on Force Leech and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly and healing you for 25%(down from 50%) of the damage deal.

Extra Force Leech every 15 seconds. :rolleyes:

Set bonus:

Gathering Stor changes:

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Force attacks deal 20% more damage while Polarity Shift is active. Affliction damage has a 100% chance of granting a proc that makes the next Thundering Blast or Force Leech deal 20% more damage. Cannot occur more than once every 15 of seconds.

(6) Reduces of cooldown of Polarity Shift by 45 seconds and extends it's duration by 10 seconds.

Edited by EmperorRus

Sorcerer:

Tactical items:

Mystic’s Ruthless Blade changes:

Demolish deals 15%(down from 20%) more damage on the initial hit. Additionally, Demolish resets the cooldown on Force Leech and causes the next Force Leech to activate instantly.

Extra Force Leech every 15 seconds.

This the stuff i would like to avoid doing as giving more acces to force leech can quite easly make madness god tier in pvp we have seen in the past how good maddness can be if its healing is good since you can quite consistantly get it even now these kind of changes could quite easly turn maddness into a tank in pvp whure you have to account for stuff like healers and guards do i think this whould make it op no. BUT it also limites how you can buff the spec in the future its the same as wy our set bonus needs a nerf id say since yes for dps its needed atm for us to exist but it also extremly poten for healers inside of pvp and limits the actual hps they should be able to do as the counterplay there is limited i whould prefer that there are more ways for dps sorcs to create downtime for mele that stit on them while getting just tiny buffs to dps and perhaps one big buff to a DCD or get an extra one in order to survive ranged classes. im not saying we need electro net level of cc skills btw just something that gives us a bit of breathing room once in a while as both merc and sniper there knockbacks pushback more and are 360 as to the cone for overload that barely ever works yes overload can have the root but again thats if the skill decides to work and it is still more difficult to use then the other 2 while giving less of a reward unless you sacrefice a utility point