4v4 in normal PVP why

rethrox

Honestly I wish they never added 4v4. What I'd give for 8v8 ranked back.

There probably isn't a population for it but I'd love to see 8v8 ranked return. 8v8 is just a better format and less at the mercy of FotM. You'd probably see a greater diversity of specs being played if 8v8 was a thing in Ranked, but thats probably not going to happen.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last Year or the year before (cant remember), they changed how the queue worked for reg pvp.

Before that, arena and 8s would pop randomly at all times of the day, regardless of how many people were in the queue.

This started to cause a big problem outside of prime time and in lower pvp brackets because the queue would often get stuck waiting to form an 8s game when there weren’t enough people in the queue to do so. You could literally go hours waiting for it to pop because there were even 16 people to make 2 teams. So Bioware made the following changes.

1. They added cross faction teams so that it didn’t matter what faction you were, you would be put on a team even if your faction didn’t have enough to forum a team.

2. When the amount of people in the queue drop to a certain point, it switches the pops from 8v8 maps to 4v4 maps so that at least some form of pvp pops and you aren’t waiting hours for a pvp pop. (Some form of pvp is better than none. At least for most people).

3. At the same time, they removed 4v4 pvp from the queue when it reached a certain number players. Which means when there are enough people to form a few 8v8 matches, it should only pop 8v8 (or its supposed to).

So if you are mostly getting 4v4 maps, it’s because there are not enough people in the queue to make at least one or a couple of 8v8 matches.

Asking them to remove arena from the queue would mean pvp wouldnt pop for you at those times anyway.

So you need to ask yourself, would you rather get some form of pvp when you queue or wait for hours?

If you would rather wait for hours, then the simple solution to your problem is stop queueing for a few hours if you start getting 4v4 maps. Then come back and see if 8v8 has started popping. If it hasn’t, you can then choose to stop queuing again or play 4v4 if you want to pvp.

The choice is essentially yours to make because you shouldn’t be getting 4v4 maps if there are enough people in the queue.

Asking Bioware to remove it from the queue would kill pvp for anyone who doesn’t pvp when the queue is high.

Your arguments are not solid, so... we have to play something we don't want just to make it pop often? as there are not many pvp players queued we have to play something we hate... Also, there should be an option to select if the player wants to be queued for 4 v 4. Or answer this question: what is better: not queuing in more time or playing 4 v 3, beacuse many of us just leave the arena. Is not fair for the other players too.

And ok, let's play Arena 4 v 4... have you seen the matcmaking? 2 heals on same team, 3 v 4, 2 tanks, etc. etc. that is a trash.

Reg Arena should have been a separate que from day one it launched (with a separate weakly/daily mission).

For the following reasons:

1. Some do not like 4vs4 death match Arena games (as the Thread is showing)

2. It can help improve players enter into Ranked (may be make a gate of Reg Arena Game before allowed into ranking)

3. Can also be a warm up since the game modes are actually rather different

Your arguments are not solid, so... we have to play something we don't want just to make it pop often? as there are not many pvp players queued we have to play something we hate... Also, there should be an option to select if the player wants to be queued for 4 v 4. Or answer this question: what is better: not queuing in more time or playing 4 v 3, beacuse many of us just leave the arena. Is not fair for the other players too.

And ok, let's play Arena 4 v 4... have you seen the matcmaking? 2 heals on same team, 3 v 4, 2 tanks, etc. etc. that is a trash.

You won’t get any argument from me about the matchmaking, I agree, it is rubbish.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 1 month later...
I dont like 4v4 arenas either, and i also wouldn't mind waiting for a 8v8. On the other hand i agree that removing it its a bad move, some people probably like it or prefer to play 4v4 than no pvp at all. What i would suggest is having a filter for what kind of pvp you want to queue to, like the filter on Flashponts, so we could remove 4v4 arenas for example.

I've argued for this before. In other games I played you had a separate queue for solo and for team. So you would never get pug vs team but always pug vs pug or team vs team.

Having queues separated like that makes sense but I wonder of BW is worried that it would split the already small community. So your idea that you would only be able to queue solo in unranked seems like the best solution.

I'm not saying I'm for or against it. But would removing premades from regular queues bring them to team ranked?

It would be a better solution imo to get people to play team ranked rather than 1billion costing augments.

I dont like 4v4 arenas either, and i also wouldn't mind waiting for a 8v8. On the other hand i agree that removing it its a bad move, some people probably like it or prefer to play 4v4 than no pvp at all. What i would suggest is having a filter for what kind of pvp you want to queue to, like the filter on Flashponts, so we could remove 4v4 arenas for example.

I think you need to keep 4v4 in regs. Arenas is a completely different ball game vs. WZ's. If it was removed you wouldn't be able to practice arenas without doing ranked. This would make the barrier to entry into ranked even worse.

Hard pass for me.

It would be excellent to have 4v4 queue, a permanent "pre-season" in regs for practice. That would be a lot of fun...plus the practice would be great.

We already have the challenge mode (whatever it is called), and that is great, but finding seven others to join is not easy.