Bring Back RE for Black-??? Color crystals!

pancakesninja

As I've seen a lot of topic of discussion on color crystals and crafting, as well as many other things... I understand the change for making it impossible to RE certain set items with set bonuses, as well as certain Artifact equipment... but the one thing that still baffles me to this day is why you guys took away the ability for people to RE the black-blue/red/purple etc color crystals. I'd much rather spend the time gathering the materials to create one of these than to have to pay the absurd over-inflated GTN prices for these items. I realize I can buy one then use it constantly, but really... why would you take that away from the players? That was a form of making credits rather than grinding dailies and VET/MSTR FPs to gain the cash, and force users to do operations to even have a possibility of one dropping?

Suggestion: Bring back the ability to RE and learn the patterns for black-xxx color crystals again. I think there are quite a few here on the forums who have complained about it and still there is no answer or rhyme/reason as to why it was removed in the first place... luckily I still have one toon that can make Black-Blue hawkeye but thats about it... I'd rather not drop 5 mil for a color crystal because people feel the need to over-inflate the market based on the fact we cant RE them anymore.

It's crazy how much has been removed from crew skills. Newer players(and older players who never learned them) are at the complete mercy of players who learned old schematics while they were available, most notably all the schematics that could be learned prior to being removed from trainers in patch 4.0. Only a handful of players can still craft those unique sets, and all other players can hope for is that they sell them for a low enough price on the GTN.

In regard to black color crystals, you can get some from a vendor in the PvP section of the fleet for 150k-250k credits.