The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Am I the only one to notice this?

BawssMcgee

Whenever I do actually read the general forums (which I rarely do it frustrates me to no end and makes me lose all hope in the human race) I realize that atleast half of the "problems" with swtor people have I actually enjoy...

For example. The crafting people hate it because you don't craft it yourself? Uh. I love the crew skills. It is unique and enjoyable, if it was where you did it yourself people would of course say "copying WoW".

People hate huttball? I love it. It's my favorite especially with a friend or two it really makes a difference.

Leveling speed? There is people that complain that it's too fast or too slow. I just hit 50 with 6 days /played... That's a good amount. I of course did warzones a lot and crew skills but it was a great speed. I wasn't even in a hurry. I guess people are used to WoW and zerging to 85 in 1 day /played with RaF...

People also seem to complain that you HAVE to pick either full out dark or full out light. No, you don't. Yes you are restricted from SOME items but that's true in any MMO. Decisions of what professions restrict you from gear or special perks... I don't see people complaining about that.

"Too much dialogue" hit the spacebar christ. One of SWTOR's biggest sell point is that it's a Bioware game and the first fully voiced MMO. I love the dialogue and I found myself only space baring a few missions.. Ones I did have no interest in.

"*** NO COMBAT LOG?" Ok, I do understand this complaint but they have said in interviews it is arriving shortly. They already delayed SWTOR enough I am ok with no combat log currently.

Ultimately I don't care if this post gets 0 replies. I just wanted to vent about how painful it is to read the general forums. Stop whining and go and enjoy the game. If you don't like it... Go to another MMO. SWTOR is not made for everyone.

tl;dr SWTOR is not for everyone. Come back in 6 months. I'll enjoy it while you're gone.

I find the general forum of MMOs quite amusing as I read post after post from people that take these games way too seriously. I particularly laugh at the people that make so much drama out of deciding not to play a game.

Also, I really like the crafting too. :i_biggrin:

Whenever I do actually read the general forums (which I rarely do it frustrates me to no end and makes me lose all hope in the human race) I realize that atleast half of the "problems" with swtor people have I actually enjoy...

For example. The crafting people hate it because you don't craft it yourself? Uh. I love the crew skills. It is unique and enjoyable, if it was where you did it yourself people would of course say "copying WoW".

People hate huttball? I love it. It's my favorite especially with a friend or two it really makes a difference.

Leveling speed? There is people that complain that it's too fast or too slow. I just hit 50 with 6 days /played... That's a good amount. I of course did warzones a lot and crew skills but it was a great speed. I wasn't even in a hurry. I guess people are used to WoW and zerging to 85 in 1 day /played with RaF...

People also seem to complain that you HAVE to pick either full out dark or full out light. No, you don't. Yes you are restricted from SOME items but that's true in any MMO. Decisions of what professions restrict you from gear or special perks... I don't see people complaining about that.

"Too much dialogue" hit the spacebar christ. One of SWTOR's biggest sell point is that it's a Bioware game and the first fully voiced MMO. I love the dialogue and I found myself only space baring a few missions.. Ones I did have no interest in.

"*** NO COMBAT LOG?" Ok, I do understand this complaint but they have said in interviews it is arriving shortly. They already delayed SWTOR enough I am ok with no combat log currently.

Ultimately I don't care if this post gets 0 replies. I just wanted to vent about how painful it is to read the general forums. Stop whining and go and enjoy the game. If you don't like it... Go to another MMO. SWTOR is not made for everyone.

tl;dr SWTOR is not for everyone. Come back in 6 months. I'll enjoy it while you're gone.

Posting issues in the forums is how the player base voices its opinion mate. If BW listen or not is another matter though this is the place we've been told to ask for stuff. The problem is that once someone posted something a fanboy's feeling get hurt and generally speaking an argument follows. These forums would be a lot better if anyone who uses the phrase "QQing" was band on site. :-) BW will never please everyone but that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk and they shouldn't listen.

I will take the time to post a +1

A lot of complaints some people have I see as games features.

A lot of "why is it like this..." complaints never surprised me because that was what i was lead to expect from developement.

I feel developers have been fairly honest with what to expect, if you based you preconceptions on a 5 line blurb without looking into it, well It might not be your cup of tea, for me it is!

-Bem

It's a video game forum. Of course it's going to be filled with tears. The first video game forum I actively participated in was Starcraft 1, way back in '98. It was full of tears. Every single forum I've used since then has been full of tears.

Has nothing to do with ToR, the quality of the game, whatever. It could be one of the greatest games ever like Skyward Sword (seriously, trust me it's that good) and the forum is filled with people crying about crap that doesn't even mean anything, like how many dungeons there are. WHO CARES? If the game is over in 10 hours and you never have to think to beat it and it's a Zelda game, sure that's lame and I'd complain but the game is over 50 hours and is amazing and people cry that there aren't a certain amount of dungeons.

It's laughable. People cry about the most inconsequential of things, like no chat boxes. I turned that option off the first time I played WoW and I never looked back. Don't want them, don't need them, don't care if they never get implemented. I seriously saw one guy complaining that ToR doesn't have grey gear that drops off mobs that you can equip. SERIOUSLY?

It's laughable. The game is great, deal with it.

I think the ability to send crew to do skills is great. Its just a shame the skills themselves are bland and un-origional.

The leveling speed is a little fast. Game will be over too quick for a lot of people.

Huttball is brilliant. We need to be able to form proper hutball teams with uniforms and cheerleaders, get a huttball league going. Excellent mini game to be involved in. I can appreciate people who just want to kill kill kill and dont actually play the game so having hutball pop all time is going to be annoying. Better to implement a que system where people can select what scenarios they play in. (see WAR)

Too much dialogue. Maybe - im on the fence on this one. Feels like im playing Mass effect rather than an MMO and if it has a negative effect on the social side of the game it will hurt the game long term. However, its also an interesting feature and more fun than pop up boxes for quests.

No combat log - would be nice, not a major issue, however, I just hope if it does come in it wont lead to sad pathetic no life scumbag loser excluding people or kicking people because they dont have a certain dps level - you lot make me sick. :mad: gearscore muppet brigade.

Dual Specing? Its a nice feature but to get worked up because its not in game at the mo = epic personal failure.

General Forums, hell forums in general for ANY MMO are a cesspool. I try and stay away from them as much as possible.

I will however come pop in here once in awhile to shut the naysayers up by proving them wrong.

Not always heck look at LOTRO they have a huge population (honestly I did consulting work for Turbine and folks have no idea just how many people play; it shocked me) and one of the nicest most polite communities out there. Why?

Well LOTRO isn't a competitive MMO, there really is no progression raiding no lord of the flies mentality that other MMO developers foster. The type of gamer you attract has a lot to do with the type of community you end up with.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Not always heck look at LOTRO they have a huge population (honestly I did consulting work for Turbine and folks have no idea just how many people play; it shocked me) and one of the nicest most polite communities out there. Why?

Well LOTRO isn't a competitive MMO, there really is no progression raiding no lord of the flies mentality that other MMO developers foster. The type of gamer you attract has a lot to do with the type of community you end up with.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the general forum section for LOTRO is pretty terrible. Not as bad as SWTOR, but that's because SWTOR is a brand new game and there's a few people who feel entitled to silly things.

Go see for yourself: http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?2-General-Discussion&

A few threads just on the first page.

General Forums: "It is what it is." As with anything else, especially MMO communities, you have to take the good with the bad.

I've perused the forums now to a reasonable extent, and felt the desire to simply give my little 2¢.

I find myself being completely amazed by the number of people that consider themselves MMO veterans or experts on the subject solely by virtue of playing WoW. I'm stunned sometimes at some peoples' declaration of omniscience in all things MMO. I played Wow...for the least amount of time that I've played any MMO. It was clear that it was a fun game for the masses, and that's just fine. But it was/is not the end-all-be-all of the genre.

I would much rather read critiques and feedback from people that have experienced multiple facets of the MMO genre. I rarely give public feedback on games, since I think I'm one of the 1% that would never get heard to begin with. I'm okay with that. There are thousands of other people that do not hesitate to share their voice...whether we like it or not.

I've spent time in: EQ1, DAoC, EQ2, Aion, Rift, WoW, Lotro, Warhammer Online, DCUO, STO, CO, DDO, Horizons, and probably a couple I'm forgetting. Not that credentials are needed to provide feedback. However, it's impossible to take seriously the literal comparisons of only two games for the purpose of critical analysis.

I know, tl:dr. Just something I've actually been wanting to say for the last several MMOs that have been released, and finally pulled the trigger here.

Good luck to all.

Posting issues in the forums is how the player base voices its opinion mate. If BW listen or not is another matter though this is the place we've been told to ask for stuff. The problem is that once someone posted something a fanboy's feeling get hurt and generally speaking an argument follows. These forums would be a lot better if anyone who uses the phrase "QQing" was band on site. :-) BW will never please everyone but that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk and they shouldn't listen.

General forum isn't the correct place to do that though.

General Forums: "It is what it is." As with anything else, especially MMO communities, you have to take the good with the bad.

I've perused the forums now to a reasonable extent, and felt the desire to simply give my little 2¢.

I find myself being completely amazed by the number of people that consider themselves MMO veterans or experts on the subject solely by virtue of playing WoW. I'm stunned sometimes at some peoples' declaration of omniscience in all things MMO. I played Wow...for the least amount of time that I've played any MMO. It was clear that it was a fun game for the masses, and that's just fine. But it was/is not the end-all-be-all of the genre.

I would much rather read critiques and feedback from people that have experienced multiple facets of the MMO genre. I rarely give public feedback on games, since I think I'm one of the 1% that would never get heard to begin with. I'm okay with that. There are thousands of other people that do not hesitate to share their voice...whether we like it or not.

I've spent time in: EQ1, DAoC, EQ2, Aion, Rift, WoW, Lotro, Warhammer Online, DCUO, STO, CO, DDO, Horizons, and probably a couple I'm forgetting. Not that credentials are needed to provide feedback. However, it's impossible to take seriously the literal comparisons of only two games for the purpose of critical analysis.

I know, tl:dr. Just something I've actually been wanting to say for the last several MMOs that have been released, and finally pulled the trigger here.

Good luck to all.

Yeah same with me. People think they are experts on what a MMO should have based on WoW. WoW was successful but they also have done A LOT wrong. Especially towards the end. There's a reason people miss BC/vanilla.