Game Stability?

SonofThulkose

Is there currently a game stability issue? I resubscribed after several months to blow off some steam before I have to leave for 10 weeks of preparing tax returns and the game crashes out every 2 or 3 minutes! I'm already remembering why I unsubscribed in the first place. Please tell me this is a known issue and a fix will be in soon!

Game is almost perfectly stable for me and probably most people.

Best advise I can give is to update all your drivers (video and audio in particular) and if that doesn't help, try including more information as to your system (processor, ram, graphics card mainly) as well as the symptoms of the problem and we might be able to help more.

Actually, I have had a few crashes suddenly myself over the last couple of days. I used to run the game very smoothly, but I've also been experiencing a slight but noticeable increase in server lag ever since Darth Malgus crashed several weeks ago. Maybe the issues are related?

Actually, I have had a few crashes suddenly myself over the last couple of days. I used to run the game very smoothly, but I've also been experiencing a slight but noticeable increase in server lag ever since Darth Malgus crashed several weeks ago. Maybe the issues are related?

While possible, it is quite unlikely for lag to cause crashes.

Without going into the nitty-gritty of client/server architecture, the main culprit for lag is in the connection between the client and the game server (or the server itself in the case of the recent European datacenter issues). Crashes on the other hand are caused when the client encounters an error it cannot recover from.

When the connection fails (whether it be due to internet connectivity or server failure) the client just boots you to the server selection screen. When the client fails... well, that's it, it completely shuts down.

I was afraid of that! Haven't replaced my power supply in 3 or so years. It's probably going and needs to be replaced before I can do any high end gaming. :( Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

Sorry, no.

For starters, SWTOR hardly counts as high end gaming, and three years is in no way "so old it needs replacing" territory for *any* component in a PC. Well, the keyboard maybe, if you type with a hammer.

Sorry, no.

For starters, SWTOR hardly counts as high end gaming, and three years is in no way "so old it needs replacing" territory for *any* component in a PC. Well, the keyboard maybe, if you type with a hammer.

To be fair, the new areas(onslaught, ossus to some extent) run horribly for me. Everywhere else has great performance though.

To be fair, the new areas(onslaught, ossus to some extent) run horribly for me. Everywhere else has great performance though.

That's a separate question. The CPU, memory and graphics can become insufficient to get good performance, but that's because over time the games (either new releases or updated older ones) require more and more performance. But the power supply, keyboard, mouse, etc. do not wear out enough over just three years to require replacement. (Again, increasing power consumption by replacement CPU/GPU/RAM might mean that the previous power supply is insufficient, but that, too, is not because it is worn out.)

Mine doesn't do that.

Someone in my place has problem starting it up sometimes. Like the mouse stops working. I think it's related to the second screen and you tube running on it full screen.

That's all the hints i've got for you. No idea what is causing it for you.