Rping as morally grey Jedi or Sith

Quekankwin

That is not at all what balance is, but that is how the Jedi thought. They were wrong too, and that is why the Sith were able to obfuscate from them so successfully. Yoda and Mace have a whole conversation about it.

I bet you all think the Jedi read the prophecy correctly too, tell us your fascinating take on that now.

Edited by Monumenta

A morally grey Jedi is a dark side Jedi. I play this kind of Jedi. A morally gray Jedi would scrafice a planet to save a sector. A morally grey Jedi would kill a threat to galactic peace even if they were innocent Currently.

Considering the light and dark side choices you get in SWTOR, that essentially means you play Dark Side.

Do emotions really matter when using the force or is just fluff? You know like being faster, stronger when using anger well I saw Yoda be faster and stronger when using just the force without any emotion. I do not think it matters if you use dark or light emotions you just use the force and is enough.

Do emotions really matter when using the force or is just fluff? You know like being faster, stronger when using anger well I saw Yoda be faster and stronger when using just the force without any emotion. I do not think it matters if you use dark or light emotions you just use the force and is enough.

You forget that the light side is about NO emotions. There are no light side emotions in the Jedi sense. In the end though in a 1v1 Yoda would likely lose against Palpatine. He certainly wasn't able to stop Palpatine from creating the Empire.

Of course SWTOR is a game and there needs to be some balance. So a sage is the same as a sorc. That's not entirely how it would work if it wasn't a game. Think about the sorc story and how you gather spirits to make you stronger and all that. The sage never has that. We also see that in the movies Luke needed help from his father in RotJ to beat the Emperor.

Emotions are powerful and give strength and more quickly. Yoda has hundreds of years of training. So it's not the speed of action but the speed of gaining power that is different. Of course the jedi are wrong in their ideas of no emotion because it makes them apathetic and we see the council failing over and over again because of inaction and being unaware about what is going on around them. And the sith are wring because unlimited passion burns you out. That's why there is such a thing as sith corruption.

So I would say that someone who acknowledges their emotions but doesn't let them go unbridled will end up being more balanced and powerful over time and they would be considered grey jedi.

Maybe their fight was on equal grounds Yoda lost if you can call that an lost because of positioning. But look at Obi Wan he won against Anakin after an marathon fight and in his case there are not hundreds of years of training between them and he kept up and defeated an amped up Anakin in the darkside. He kept up with his speed and strength gained from the amp by just using the force amp himself up.

That is why I say its fluff you can be faster and stronger even with the no emotion thing just use the force. He Obi Won was so fast he kept up with Grevious beating him even.

The Grey Code:

Flowing through all

There is balance

There is no peace

Without a passion to create

There is no passion

Without peace to guide

Knowledge stagnates

Without the strength to act

Power blinds

Without the serenity to see

There is freedom in life

There is purpose in death

The Force is all things

And I am the Force

You know the jedi have some force powers that can only come if you follow the light side that being force healing. The sith can not do it or any darksiders but an grey force user can. They can use both light side powers which is only force healing but its an great force power and dark side powers which are many and numerous but its not force healing.