Heroic Moment nerfed?

Aberd

I have to agree. I was especially noticing this on the Champion mobs for the [HEROIC 4] of the Rakghoul event. I first noticed, in general that it takes me easily three times longer than it did pre-6.0 to kill them solo. Survivability is just fine, in fact, I lose less life than before; but killing them takes SO long.

But the other thing I noticed was the Heroic abilities. When I pop them, I usually just select them all in succession (unless there's a boss mechanic that requires me to be a bit more strategic). This means that when I'm using these abilities, I'm *not* using any of my class abilities. Pre 6.0, this short span of time using the Heroic abilities would result in a burst of damage, greater than an equal time span using class abilities. This is no longer true. The Heroic abilities now reduce my dps output than if I ignored them and just stuck with my class abilities. Class ability attacks now do more damage. Other than the healing buff it gives you, it's kind of useless now...

I've found the best strat in 6.0 for heroic abilities (assuming you have all of them) and my goal in using them is sustained burst, so I start off with the big one (since it requires time to fire off) and from there on alternate with my own instant burst abilities (and instant-cast DOTs) and the instant abilities on the heroic hotbar.

Depending on your alacrity and class, you'll exhaust your own burst abilities before the GC on the heroic abilities completes, which gives you a moment to toss in channeled abilities.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Haven't used Heroic Moment in years but I guess it wouldn't surprise me. What I don't know is if it's a matter of an actual nerf to them or if it's a matter of the new balancing where their effect just seems less...well, just less I guess.

It's hard to tell which but it's counter-productive to attempt to rely just on heroic moment. It's a supplement to one's own attack, not just a click fest through a fight.

Edited by xordevoreaux

It's hard to tell which but it's counter-productive to attempt to rely just on heroic moment. It's a supplement to one's own attack, not just a click fest through a fight.

Well in the old days, leveling content was a lot harder and some of the story bosses were pretty tough to beat. Heroic moment made sense back then cause it gave you that little extra punch for when you really couldn't manage. And it was kinda cool to use force choke on other characters but that wore off soon enough. I stopped using it entirely probablysome time between RotHC and SoR because I didn't need it anymore by the time SoR hit. A matter of experience by then I suppose.

If people rely or really need Heroic moment nowadays, I'll just scratch my head cause I think that just means they do not know what they can already do without it. But that's just me.