If you were to take on doing every mission..what class would you choose?

Daniellcarlson

In terms of reaching one's quest target, there is nothing efficient about chewing through every cluster of trash mobs, but ranged DPS, especially sorc and sage, have excellent room-clearing abilities. While I like sweeping gunfire on my smuggler, I'd rather take a dps sorc or sage through a place with clusters of crap mobs than any other dps class if I need to clear a room of trash fast.

Self-punishment would be running through clusters of trash mobs on a tank, and if you are, as you say in your opening post, excluding stealth, then all tanks would experience that pain. Sorc and sage healers have ranged DPS abilities, just not much follow-up (in a single rotation) to finish off half-dead mobs, they have to wait for the clock. Hello, alacrity.

Edited by xordevoreaux

That means no running by trash mobs...if there is a bonus, it is to be completed.

I just want to play something that’s efficient.

Make up your mind - do you want complete or do you want efficient? 😏

Anyway, the obvious answer would be to play the class you enjoy the most. Since you are not going to do things such as stealth past mobs, etc, there's no special advantage to playing any particular class, and enjoying it becomes the main factor. (There may be specific classes that would be most "efficient" for certain quests/missions, but not as an overall thing.)

So, to answer your question, I would play a Gunslinger, because that is the class I enjoy most (or possibly a Sentinel or Guardian - 2nd choices).

Edited by JediQuaker

That means no running by trash mobs...if there is a bonus, it is to be completed.

No stealthing past mobs but that doesn’t mean you can’t pick that class.

Ranged or ape or single target class is best?

I just want to play something that’s efficient

What do you think and why?

I'd play a stealth class anyways, and ignore your silly rules.... because that's the point of a stealth class, to skip trash.

there's no special advantage to playing any particular class

For doing what the OP wants, engaging every last cluster of trash mobs, I'd personally avoid classes which rely on a plurality of single-target-only abilities, you'd be there forever.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Completing every bonus mission does not preclude avoiding trash, either by walking around it or using stealth.

I don't know of a single bonus mission that requires killing every pointless trash mob along the way to the mission objective.

Edited by DawnAskham

Completing every bonus mission does not preclude avoiding trash, either by walking around it or using stealth.

I don't know of a single bonus mission that requires killing every pointless trash mob along the way to the mission objective.

True, I think for most missions, there's at least a couple extra mobs in case a player missed a few on the way in, but remember, the OP's advertising his choice to hit... everything.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I'd pick Gunnery Commando for Pubside, or Arsenal Mercenary for Impside, because they are tough, capable and have effective self-heals and a reflect-o-bubble for emergencies. (And also because I like them and know their rotation well.)

You're talking about solo PvE, I guess, for which the only thing that really matters is that you can play.

I'd pick Gunnery Commando for Pubside, or Arsenal Mercenary for Impside, because they are tough, capable and have effective self-heals and a reflect-o-bubble for emergencies. (And also because I like them and know their rotation well.)

You're talking about solo PvE, I guess, for which the only thing that really matters is that you can play.

^^^ This. This class and it's mirror have great area abilities with a fast, effective, and highly mobile rotation that works at full distance removing the need to constantly close in on each target.. They are my personal favorite when looking to clear entire areas to complete a planetary rampage goal.

You don't have to kill every mob to claim the bonus, so once you do that stealthing should be on the table. But, I'm not making up the rules.

I forget, did you say pub or imp?

I like lighting stuff on fire ... I use the "Playing with Fire" character title on my PT and VG. So, pyrotech PT/plasmatech VG are decent choices for that. Even though they are dot related, I find their dot spread to be much faster than Ruffian/Lethality.

Similar is Vigilance Guardian, but its mirror Vengeance Jugg bleeds not burns. Functionally the same but I like burning more than bleeding, because then I can use "Playing with Fire" title again.

Arsenal/Gunnery is probably also high on my list for this application, dealing with trash. IMO, it has the best (easiest) target switching of the three options, so might be the best if the trash is spread out.

These specs aren't necessarily on the leaderboards of anything right now, but they are the non-stealth dps specs that I have the most fun with.

As others have indicated, leveling in a spec other than dps can be slower. So, I would choose Merc/Commando vs. the other two based on whether you might want to heal in the future, or tank in the future.

If sneak allowed, then agent/smuggler. I love both of their styles, and i love sneaking around, and work as healer on group content.

But without that i would go with sage/inquisitor for the following reasons:

1. A great deal of the content makes much more sense for force users.

2. Great AOE damage.

3. I prefer to be healer on group contents. And while the goal here is the missions. I prefer to be prepared for other stuff too.

No, the point of a stealth class is to sneak up on the enemy. Skipping trash is just a bonus. :)

every class has first strike capacity, so sneaking up on the enemy doesn't mean anything.

Stealth means:

Fighting smarter, not more.

Taking the road, rather than slogging through the swamp.

Every fight you skip, that you didn't need to get into, is a fight you won.

First choice:

Lightning Sorc with companion on damage until the higher level areas (Ossus, Dantooine, Mek-Sha, Onderon) then switch comp to heal. This is my main and I can do almost everything without issue (eternal championship still vexes me now though).

My second choice:

Hulk Smash Juggernaut (or Jedi equivalent) - both of the damage specs are good, however I prefer Rage.

This is always going to be subjective question because we all have our favourite classes and specs and we all think we're right. And as someone else pointed out clearing everything and "efficiency" does not make sense...