How do people have 8 x of the individual 6 piece armor sets already?!

Shinzzun

just play the game, use several characters and do all the dailies and weeklies until your eyes bleed. Especially PVP and GSF - and do tons of dailies and weeklies on Onderon and Mek-sha. and get your characters or alts into top-10 conquest guilds, and make your 50K target on every one of them.

- TBH even an hour or two a day is more than enough to get 3-4 chars to BiS by now. - Maybe not exactly nuanced, but with boosts and tons of credits, it's all do-able.

remember, even though it was basically a soft reset on gear, some people had boosts and credits and other stuff stockpiled to ease them into 306 as fast as possible. Then they milked it every which way to gear up fast.

just play the game, use several characters and do all the dailies and weeklies until your eyes bleed. Especially PVP and GSF - and do tons of dailies and weeklies on Onderon and Mek-sha. and get your characters or alts into top-10 conquest guilds, and make your 50K target on every one of them.

- TBH even an hour or two a day is more than enough to get 3-4 chars to BiS by now. - Maybe not exactly nuanced, but with boosts and tons of credits, it's all do-able.

remember, even though it was basically a soft reset on gear, some people had boosts and credits and other stuff stockpiled to ease them into 306 as fast as possible. Then they milked it every which way to gear up fast.

Well I have enough credits but I didn't stock up on anything else. But they key to set bonus pieces is tech fragments and the fastest way to get those is to get as many additional gear boxes that come with 100 or more tech frags each. So daily, weekly, conquest etc. boxes. And of course the renown boxes as well. Just don't do FPs blindly. Only do them with the random reward and doing a weekly because....extra boxes with tech frags. Deconstructing adds to it but you want those extra boxes.

So not really about stockpiling but just using the gearing system better.

Well, I play an hour or two a day and I'm just now moving past i290 on one character. And that's with me focusing on activities that will actually give me gear and not the content that I'd actually enjoy. How fast people gear is HIGHLY dependent on what they prefer to do in game.

Well, I play an hour or two a day and I'm just now moving past i290 on one character. And that's with me focusing on activities that will actually give me gear and not the content that I'd actually enjoy. How fast people gear is HIGHLY dependent on what they prefer to do in game.

If you are on a stealth and find soloing veteran flash points doable, I highly recommend spending one of those two hours running red reaper flash point.

You only need to fight 3 mobs at the start then the 3 boss fights because you can bypass all the other trash along the way. I can now do one solo in about 12 mins on my Sin. With my wife we can do veteran in 7 mins and master mode in 9 mins (sometimes).

If you don’t have a stealth, you can try some of the SM flash points around or one of the other vet flash points that doesn’t have so trash mobs overwhelm you at once. Mandalorian Raiders isn’t too bad, except that first boss fight can be a grind and pain.

You get a bunch of stuff from each boss and you get 3 crates with 3-4 pieces once you do the weekly.

Anyway, I hope that info helps with the gearing up a bit faster.

Edit: also, if you have a treasure hunter at 600-700, you can send them of to just get the 2 grade 10 lock box and 1 grade 11 lock box missions. They will come back with 1-2 pieces of 270-278 items that you can deconstruct for tech frags. With lvl 50 comps, I think that’s 6-7 mins per mission, so about 9-10 times and hour per lock box mission, which = 60-120 pieces to deconstruct an hour. That can give you 300-400 tech frags an hour to buy gear with.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

If you are on a stealth and find soloing veteran flash points doable, I highly recommend spending one of those two hours running red reaper flash point.

You only need to fight 3 mobs at the start [...]

you can skip those too... run past, move to the side inside the elevator room and combat stealth. if you're using a tech stealther, have your compainon out, let them hold aggro while you run through, if you're on a force character, use your telport to the last one and hit force speed

for bosses it's pretty easy

1st boss, interrupt the drain, then chase him down (if you're really lazy you can exit and farm just this one)

2nd boss, position so you and your comp are thrown UP the stairs (I usually kill all those mobs) and make sure to set 3 pillars to the opposite color

sleep everything you walk by in the last hall

last boss, fight between pillars, or up the stairs, always kill hold adds first, put comp on passive when LOSing the shield adds, only grab 1-2 knowledge flames, and interrupt crushing darkness

that was how I was getting through MM at ~292

(much credit to the guy that showed me the way so he'd have someone to make it go faster)

Just my 2 cents.

The fastest way to get set bonuses is to buy from the the Vendor on fleet in supply section. Not all set bonuses are there, but the best ones are. One piece costs 3000 fragments so you need to farm those. The people here already described many ways to farm, but my way is GSF.

The GSF daily gives you 100 fragments and 50 for win, 30 for loss. The weekly gives you 700 fragments. Normaly when it pops ( and it does a lot now due to fragment rewards ) you are done in about 1 hour. After that you have more than 1000 fragments. You can even do the most effifcient method of doing just the dailiy each day on like 4-5-6 alts, which gives you the daily each day till you finish weekly.

You can combine this with dailies/weeklies for example on onderon, its what I did. So i was qued for gsf while doing weekly on onderon, which in the end got me a set bonus piece and i was getting fragments in the process.

How I got all 14 toons in set armor is really easy.

First make sure you have full conquest bonus. Grind flashpoints (do not limit the selection have them all selected) every time you do a flashpoint you get a chest that contains armor + tech fragments along with what you get from doing the flashpoint. First and 5 flashpoints you get more chests (daily and weekly) + you have conquest and that equals more fragments and gear you can disintegrate.

All in all you get about 2500+ fragments between that and conquest bonus. Provided you are disintegrating everything but what you actually need. Pull your armoring, mods and enhancements you plan to keep from the armor and stuff those in the bank and build up a bit of a hoard. Then as you hit 3K buy a piece of armor put the needed Armoring, mod and enhancement into the armor and repeat.

Edit: focus on getting one set done at a time. One toon in full set bonus is better than 7 toons with one piece each. As the currency is legacy you can focus on one at a time and get them done in short order.

Doing this I can usually get at least one if not two full sets a week, depending on how many toons you have. Now I just sell off all the crap I get so by this rate I should be stupid rich making about 180-220K per run.

Also save all the non-modable gear and pass that down to your alts so they hit 306 faster. While not a set bonus it lets you build the number of toons you have at 306 rating and that allows you to get more gear for your alts. Then as you build sets disintegrate the non-modable gear this gives you more fragments to buy more sets.

Probably the biggest mistake I see is people filtering out everything but hammer station. You want them all selected so you get the bonus for doing a random flashpoint. There are plenty of people that will filter out the others for you so you might as well get everything you can from each run.

Edited by laiboch

Too bad tech fragments are useless currency once you have the sets / items you want.

At this point, I vendor full armor pieces now (12-22K each), deconstruct the loose mods and items that sell for little, and still cap too often (which is beyond annoying as I then have to stop what I'm doing and go to Fleet to buy something).

Anyways, as others have said the real key to obtaining tech fragments is playing the game with alts, and using them to complete missions that awards gear boxes and tech fragments (various dailies and weeklies).

I'll also add that the conquest rewards (again alts) are good for SOME classes with respect to getting set gear - take a look at the 6.0 patch notes and see if the set you want is listed as having a high chance of dropping in conquest boxes.

If it does, be sure to have characters of that class in a conquest guild (large is better as the reward box loot amounts scale with planet conquest size), and cap conquest for a good chance at set bonus gear.

However, if for example you play a sorc / sage of either dps discipline, the box will 99% of the time contain only generic set items (Amplified / Victor) or healer set gear (all due to how the loot tables are set up).

Edited by DawnAskham

A traitor among the chiss Flashpoint - Solomode (!) -

Boss 1 - 50 TechFragments

Boss 2 - 50 TechFragments

Bonus Boss - 50 TechFragments

Boss 3 - 80 TechFragments

______________________________ = 230 Techfragments only from bosses

Stealth Class needs 10-15 Minutes to do this in solo.

~ 1000 Techfragments/hour + Techfragments if you disassemble drops :o

Or Nathema with stealth class. (Solomode)

Voreclaw: 50 -80 TechFragments

Hands of Zildrog (Bonus) 0 TechFragment (but Stuff to disassemble)

Ancient Guardian Droid: 50- 80 TechFragments

Gemini 16: 50- 80 TechFragments

Vinn Atrius & Zildrog: 50-80 TechFragment

= 320 TechFragment + Disassemble Stuff :D

Time: 15 -20 min with heroic moment even shorter. The only boss who takes longer is the Guardian Droid. ;)

Too bad tech fragments are useless currency once you have the sets / items you want.

At this point, I vendor full armor pieces now (12-22K each), deconstruct the loose mods and items that sell for little, and still cap too often (which is beyond annoying as I then have to stop what I'm doing and go to Fleet to buy something).

I'm there too now, except to me it feels like I have nothing left to acquire and therefore no reason to keep playing at this stage. I'll get the augments sorted with the new patch on Thursday but I already am logging in less because the game doesn't really offer much else to shoot for when you've played this game for a long time. Not to say there's nothing to do but I've done most of it so much that without a proper reward system that is more long-term oriented I just lose interest.

To me that's the biggest downside of the current gearing system. It's fun but short-lived. Time for another break soon I think.

you can skip those too... run past, move to the side inside the elevator room and combat stealth. if you're using a tech stealther, have your compainon out, let them hold aggro while you run through, if you're on a force character, use your telport to the last one and hit force speed

for bosses it's pretty easy

1st boss, interrupt the drain, then chase him down (if you're really lazy you can exit and farm just this one)

2nd boss, position so you and your comp are thrown UP the stairs (I usually kill all those mobs) and make sure to set 3 pillars to the opposite color

sleep everything you walk by in the last hall

last boss, fight between pillars, or up the stairs, always kill hold adds first, put comp on passive when LOSing the shield adds, only grab 1-2 knowledge flames, and interrupt crushing darkness

that was how I was getting through MM at ~292

(much credit to the guy that showed me the way so he'd have someone to make it go faster)

Except for those first 3 mobs, which aren’t an issue to kill, that’s pretty much how (we / I) do the flashpoint.

Except the middle boss (2nd). We kill all the adds to the right and top first. We don’t even need to kill the turrets. Then we attack from the top. I stand next the middle flag slightly to the right and back towards the stairs. That way I can easily click it without moving and when he throws me back, I either use my stride/leap or speed run to instantly get back there. That position is also really good to get over to the other flag in the middle and start hitting him again ;).

Anyway, slightly different method on that one,

Our best Vet run was about 6.5mins and Master was just over 7.5mins (we were lucky, the 3rd boss didn’t spawn any adds). We’ve not been able to do 7.5mins again. Most MM are now between 8-9mins.

On non stealth it’s about twice as long for my wife and I for both. I tried master solo and the first boss is fine, but the 2nd boss, one shots my healing comp and kills her. I’ve not worked out how to get past him yet.

Edited by TrixxieTriss