I used to be an adventurer like you...

gundamemo

until I got hidden strike in a stun for 8235...

Picture or it didn't happen

http://imageshack.us/f/692/bigcrit2.jpg/

Notice the Biggest hit on the pop up

Now I just lazes around with my companion mako in my HEAVY armor and role play some hot steam nerdy fantasy cause I don't want to get my other knee blown by another hidden strike for 8235.

... have you try piercing a plate armor with arrow from long range?

maybe if its an arrow made out of unicorn's horn... just maybe

In reality, archers demolished foot soldiers in heavy plate, an arrow punches right through plate mail armor. Same with bullets, in fact ranged weapons are the primary reason humanity moved away from heavy armor to things like teflon and dragonskin, they spread out the impact of a projectile, instead of just trying to resist it.

Arrow "can" pierce plate provided you have enough force, such as crossbow, but no bow

Plate is not the best armor in the world against arrow, its mail and silk padding underneath the soften the blow but typical knight will have layers of mail/silk/wool underneath.

Early bullet actually can't pierce plate because plate were design to deflect bullet and even if it goes through, again there are layer of padding underneath as well...

Arrow "can" pierce plate provided you have enough force, such as crossbow, but no bow

Plate is not the best armor in the world against arrow, its mail and silk padding underneath the soften the blow but typical knight will have layers of mail/silk/wool underneath.

Early bullet actually can't pierce plate because plate were design to deflect bullet and even if it goes through, again there are layer of padding underneath as well...

English longbow, at range can easily pierce armor. That is the reason there were large groups of archers in midevil war. They would stay a long distance from the enemy all shoot up in the air, and rain death down upon the foot soldiers. Calvary was used to counteract this. The speed you can get when you shoot an arrow into the air is insane, and they also have quite a bit more mass than a bullet, so their momentum is much higher. And they did not create plate armor to deflect bullets it was created to deflect direct blows from swords, maces and other melee weapons. Plate is the best armor you can get if you are stuck in melee range, mail/hide is better for long ranged projectiles.