I Love Corso Riggs

silvershadows

Started a new smuggler, but it is ok, this one is gunslinger =)

Since I don't want to have Corso looking the same way for both my smugglers i took the asian looking version, Nr 1, and it is mighty cute as well! Mind you, she's lvl 10 so flirting is a long way of for her still.

http://www.morsvenit.com/forum/page/1/m/3676545/viewthread/2082342-companion-customization

Edited by SilentKitty

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I am a Corso fan. My husband, OTOH, is not - he plays a Trooper and gets annoyed with "Kelso" as he calls him, because of his harpoon maneuvers. It messes with his whole Trooper strategy. I need to remember to turn that off when we are grouped.

I am really enjoying the story progression with Corso, and yeah, the voice that can melt steel is right, ha! :D

Does interacting with companion characters randomly, like throwing a /grin at them or thanking them for a job well done have any affect, or is it strictly RP? I'm trying to recall - I thought back in Galaxies it had an effect on my creatures (I was a Master CH) but now I can't remember. And OBVIOUSLY companions are not the same as creatures/pets were, but it's the principle of interaction with which I'm trying to determine a possible similarity, not the nature of their existence or value as individuals. ;) And perhaps I'm remembering Galaxies wrong, that is entirely possible as well.

Started a new smuggler, but it is ok, this one is gunslinger =)

Since I don't want to have Corso looking the same way for both my smugglers i took the asian looking version, Nr 1, and it is mighty cute as well! Mind you, she's lvl 10 so flirting is a long way of for her still.

http://www.morsvenit.com/forum/page/1/m/3676545/viewthread/2082342-companion-customization

Why hello there, Lt Iresso customization number 1. Afk rolling a jedi consular.

Does interacting with companion characters randomly, like throwing a /grin at them or thanking them for a job well done have any affect, or is it strictly RP? I'm trying to recall - I thought back in Galaxies it had an effect on my creatures (I was a Master CH) but now I can't remember. And OBVIOUSLY companions are not the same as creatures/pets were, but it's the principle of interaction with which I'm trying to determine a possible similarity, not the nature of their existence or value as individuals. ;) And perhaps I'm remembering Galaxies wrong, that is entirely possible as well.

No, emoting to companions has no effect on them (it is fun, however, to parlor dance with Corso....). The only things that affect their affection are conversation choices if you have them with you and giving them gifts.

If emoting at them got me affection, Corso would have hit 10k almost right away....

Why hello there, Lt Iresso customization number 1. Afk rolling a jedi consular.

I've seen some of their class stuff when helping a friend...God knows - I wanted to roll a sage, but fem consular voicing is awful - its not even calm, it's lifeless, and their story comparing to ours is just....well, if only they made Zenith an option - I would try it out, possibly. Looks like Balmorra's if full of handsome twileks... :rolleyes:

And Iresso...not my style really, 5 or 7 - possibly... yet it's more likely that I'll roll male sage,just not to hear that synthetic voice around cut-scenes. Though I always did chars of my own gender, xept for diablo 2 :p

But getting back to our wonderful ontoipc. I was thinking here recently.

How do you think, can there really be any kind of "future" for a guy like Corso together with a smuggler lady? What could it look like(theorethically)? I'd love to hear your thoughts before wrinting what I have in mind about it.

And also there's a fact, that in-game romance line is 200% done - there just can be no more progression, if not going into house-kids-sims-stuff. I mean, they got their 10k, and almost married, going beyond this level of trust\feelings\relations is hardly possible, 20k looks as nonsence. Staying the same - means end of the line. I suppose the only thing BW may do in future - force companion swiching, eg by "kidnaping" loved ones and building some plot basing on it. Another (much more harsh) way is just unpreventable killing\leaving.

Edited by NRieh

great topic, had lots of fun reading it, I play gunslinger too, and had Corso before I switched to Guus, but I always take Corso when there is some conversation with other male species, always flirting with them, and its drivin him crazy :D Its hilarious how much he wants me exclusively for himself :D

I've seen some of their class stuff when helping a friend...God knows - I wanted to roll a sage, but fem consular voicing is awful - its not even calm, it's lifeless, and their story comparing to ours is just....well, if only they made Zenith an option - I would try it out, possibly. Looks like Balmorra's if full of handsome twileks... :rolleyes:

And Iresso...not my style really, 5 or 7 - possibly... yet it's more likely that I'll roll male sage,just not to hear that synthetic voice around cut-scenes. Though I always did chars of my own gender, xept for diablo 2 :p

But getting back to our wonderful ontoipc. I was thinking here recently.

How do you think, can there really be any kind of "future" for a guy like Corso together with a smuggler lady? What could it look like(theorethically)? I'd love to hear your thoughts before wrinting what I have in mind about it.

And also there's a fact, that in-game romance line is 200% done - there just can be no more progression, if not going into house-kids-sims-stuff. I mean, they got their 10k, and almost married, going beyond this level of trust\feelings\relations is hardly possible, 20k looks as nonsence. Staying the same - means end of the line. I suppose the only thing BW may do in future - force companion swiching, eg by "kidnaping" loved ones and building some plot basing on it. Another (much more harsh) way is just unpreventable killing\leaving.

Well yes, something has to happen. It will not be "and they lived happily ever after" with convos about how lovey-dovey everything is. I'm really curious to see how they choose to move the story forward. Kidnapping or some kind of complication coming up sounds about right. Really hope the it won't be anyone leaving, but then again, after Alistair and "The Dark Ritual" I think I can handle pretty much anything. That broke my little gamer-heart in pieces.

For anyone who doesn't know about Alistair and said ritual...

DA Favs

For anyone who doesn't know about Alistair and said ritual...

DA Favs

That is just awesome!! Made me smile!

Before meeting Corso, I imagine she never planned to live on ranch or let alone get married, but a lot of people change their wishes when they fall for someone. I think in the future her underworld empire would be in state where it runs herself...thus she'd have little to do. After accomplishing it all and rolling in the credits, she'd be ready to start a family on Dantooine where Corso is waiting.

And also there's a fact, that in-game romance line is 200% done -there just can be no more progression.

Where are you getting this fact? I don't think anything is set in stone. There's lots of things Bioware can do in future patches and expansions. I'm sure they'd make a hefty profit if they sold more romance stuff as dowloadable content. I mean they must know how popular it is :o

I'd hate to accept the thought of the romance ending after marriage. But a little of me also believes that 10K is really the 'end' :mad: I have a feeling that future content would comprise more operatives, flashpoints, PVP, and dailies...the same crap that's been done before.

There most likely will be new companions..but I don't want more companions if my current companions won't have new conversation missons! Bleh!

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Boosterdog

Where are you getting this fact? I don't think anything is set in stone. There's lots of things Bioware can do in future patches and expansions. I'm sure they'd make a hefty profit if they sold more romance stuff as dowloadable content. I mean they must know how popular it is

Lets see how it works. They meet, they like each other, they love eachother, first kiss, first black screen, something-equal-to-marriage-from-thier-poit-of-view. What should happen to make those two loving each other even MORE?

I'd hate to accept the thought of the romance ending after marriage.

Actually....It's not.:rolleyes: We're having 5yrs date with my husband soon. And NO IT'S NOT over (not for us at least). I love him same way I did 5 years ago, and living together added some depth to the feeilng. Yet. There's one big problem here - thats NOT that kind of "romance" you would ever see in a film book or videogame. I'd call it "routine" romance. Not to define it as something bad or weak (not for us!), but to tell that there's hardly I could explain to anyone around - what's that so "romantic" in random long hand-in-hand walks around the big city, when kids are left with grandmom. I don't belive such kind of things are able to exist in-game. And even more hesitate someone would ever be fond of mission "Take Corso out for a long peaceful walk around the Mantellian shores(no savrips and seps involved)".

There most likely will be new companions..but I don't want more companions if my current companions won't have new conversation missons! Bleh!

Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I just can't imagine what those missions should be to (at least) keep the emotional and immersive grade.

And here are my thoughts about "happy everafter". Took them away in spoilers, in case some of you'd like to think it over write your own, uaffected by my point of view, thoughts first.

Well, I tell you, that there's one huge thing both Corso and girl do not seem to understand now(probably, he does not more then she). She's a spacer, he's a worlder. No matter how hard they enjoy each other atm and what sweet talks sound in capitan's quarters after light fades, staying toghether will ALWAYS make one of them to sacrifice. No matter how hard she loves, and no matter how he likes his skyfull of stars.

I know, that might be just my point of view, based on own personal rp-legend. Still...I dont belive she ever agrees to become a farmer's woman. And he won't ever forget that he used to have a real home, much different from his "skyfull of stars". All mantellian lines do show it. Remember "better life"?..

ps: i may not know all the detailes around other classes romance lines, but it seemed to me for a moment that only "happy everafter" is for trooper. I mean, he's a troopa , she's a troopa - happy military family, no matter was it fem+Ariс or m+Elara. Male smuggler has Risha or mandalorian - hardly reliable marriage, though Akaavi could be considered "sister in arms"...unless her wierd mandalorian habbits tell her to leave....Consular fem falls in "love" with military man, which hardly can both feel and support her. Male jedis may get better luck, yet their stuff with "more than padawan" is next to forbiden by jedi counsils. Sith and Vette....well, you got it right, I guess....

Is it just me, or almost every implemended romance line is either based on antagonists or something pretty "forbidden"?.. I mean one does not need to be a super writer to turn all of them apart very "plot-wise".

Lets see how it works. They meet, they like each other, they love eachother, first kiss, first black screen, something-equal-to-marriage-from-thier-poit-of-view. What should happen to make those two loving each other even MORE?

Actually....It's not.:rolleyes: We're having 5yrs date with my husband soon. And NO IT'S NOT over (not for us at least). I love him same way I did 5 years ago, and living together added some depth to the feeilng. Yet. There's one big problem here - thats NOT that kind of "romance" you would ever see in a film book or videogame. I'd call it "routine" romance. Not to define it as something bad or weak (not for us!), but to tell that there's hardly I could explain to anyone around - what's that so "romantic" in random long hand-in-hand walks around the big city, when kids are left with grandmom. I don't belive such kind of things are able to exist in-game. And even more hesitate someone would ever be fond of mission "Take Corso out for a long peaceful walk around the Mantellian shores(no savrips and seps involved)".

I just can't imagine what those missions should be to (at least) keep the emotional and immersive grade.

And here are my thoughts about "happy everafter". Took them away in spoilers, in case some of you'd like to think it over write your own, uaffected by my point of view, thoughts first.

Well, I tell you, that there's one huge thing both Corso and girl do not seem to understand now(probably, he does not more then she). She's a spacer, he's a worlder. No matter how hard they enjoy each other atm and what sweet talks sound in capitan's quarters after light fades, staying toghether will ALWAYS make one of them to sacrifice. No matter how hard she loves, and no matter how he likes his skyfull of stars.

I know, that might be just my point of view, based on own personal rp-legend. Still...I dont belive she ever agrees to become a farmer's woman. And he won't ever forget that he used to have a real home, much different from his "skyfull of stars". All mantellian lines do show it. Remember "better life"?..

ps: i may not know all the detailes around other classes romance lines, but it seemed to me for a moment that only "happy everafter" is for trooper. I mean, he's a troopa , she's a troopa - happy military family, no matter was it fem+Ariс or m+Elara. Male smuggler has Risha or mandalorian - hardly reliable marriage, though Akaavi could be considered "sister in arms"...unless her wierd mandalorian habbits tell her to leave....Consular fem falls in "love" with military man, which hardly can both feel and support her. Male jedis may get better luck, yet their stuff with "more than padawan" is next to forbiden by jedi counsils. Sith and Vette....well, you got it right, I guess....

Is it just me, or almost every implemended romance line is either based on antagonists or something pretty "forbidden"?.. I mean one does not need to be a super writer to turn all of them apart very "plot-wise".

You left out BHs in your "happily-ever-afters".

Female BHs get Torian - who is a Mandalorian. You have a Mandalorian wedding (which is AWESOME, btw). Not only is he accepting of your career choice, he helps you with it. He's not afraid to admit that you're the better shot/hunter than he is - however, he still does his best to protect you and watch out for you. Honestly, it's harder to think of a better partner - both in life and in business.

Male BHs get Mako - who also enjoys the BH life-style. I'm pretty sure that once you get her "family" sorted out, there are no hinderances to having a happily ever after (at least, nothing aside from outside influence). Mako seems content to continue to back-up the BH.

As for continuing companion stuff, it's hard to think of additional controversy quests once the romance arc has been completed. Honestly, I would be happy if they tossed gossip options on all the companions. Sometimes, I just want to talk to them. BW did this with DA - plus, they had repeatable fade-to-black scenes. It'd be nice if my character could choose to chit-chat with her companions or have snuggly-time with her husband whenever she wanted.

Though I agree - "date" quests would be a nice break every now and then. A picnic in Alderaan, dancing in Nar Shaddaa, hunting on Hoth - these would be fantastic, silly little quests. Maybe even a fight quest? With a make-up/apology follow-up?

Though I agree - "date" quests would be a nice break every now and then. A picnic in Alderaan, dancing in Nar Shaddaa, hunting on Hoth - these would be fantastic, silly little quests. Maybe even a fight quest? With a make-up/apology follow-up?

i second this. i think it'd be stupid if it all just ended after marriage. i mean you get married to your true love and then never speak to them again? what kind of spouse are you? -_- small talk and pointless quests with your hubby would at least be more realistic.

A trooper friend told me that his male char actually started flirting again, Elara hasn't spoken to him for 3 lvl's now so the "engaged"-feeling is starting to wear of. They had their last convo at lvl 47. But he has assured me that it is just flirting...

Don't know for how long I'll wait with the last convo for Corso and Doc, as long as possible I guess since I'll miss not having them saying that they would like to talk to me. Jupp, the repeatable "fade-to-black" in ME2 and DAII were great! Gimme =)

I'd hate to accept the thought of the in game romance missions ending after marriage.

Actually....It's not.:rolleyes: </snip>

Fixed for clarification! :D I am not in the mind set that romance ends after marriage. Like you I am still happily in love with my husband and partake in plenty of routine romance. Romance is romance!! :o

Lets see how it works. They meet, they like each other, they love eachother, first kiss, first black screen, something-equal-to-marriage-from-thier-poit-of-view. What should happen to make those two loving each other even

Can you agree that there will definitely be future content and more chapters to the smuggler story, with more obstacles and more NPCs, to throw possibly a wrench into things? There can be conflict, drama, all sorts of soap opera scenarios where they must overcome together and love each other more at the end. Sure they can love each other more and more. I don't think that marriage is the ceiling for how much two people love each other.

Yes, the routine romance doesn't exist in books and movies and most likely won't exist in this game, but I know I'm not the only one that wants more interactions would their companions, even if it is a 'daily routine romance' mission.

Still, I acknowledge that romance companions are a small feature in the scope of what Bioware has for this game, and it wouldn't surprise me if they leave the companions dead silent. Rather have something (anything!) than nothing at all.

Ok, this is a bit off topic from the last page of stuff, but I needed to say it, and the "I love Corso" thread seems the best place.

I have my smuggler constantly flirt with the guys in her quest story line, because I am always super amused by the responses Corso gives to them. It also works with the personality of my smuggler, because she is a flirt. That being said, I never complete a fade to black, because...well... that just seems mean, and wrong to how I feel their relationship works.

With all that in mind, I just wanted to share something that happened in game the other day that was just so sad... poor Corso... I am sorry. Promise!

I was playing around on Voss the other day, and decided to see what would be Corso's response if I went through with sleeping with Lokir-Ka (I usually do this, then hit escape and redo it). When Lokir stated that Corso must be my husband, my smuggler responded with the fact that she was not married. Corso's response to this just utterly broke my heart. I felt bad for even pretending to choose it. It was along the lines of-

"You know he doesn't mean anything. You will leave here, and slink back to the ship, and just expect me to be there waiting on you"

He then walks away and looks over his shoulder and says, "One of these times, it might not be true." Proceeded by a hand covered shake of his head.

I was floored! It was just so sad. I know he's pixilated, but I actually felt like a bad person, because he was so hurt by it. Lokir even states that his wife won't be the only heart they were breaking. O.o

In a sum up... Very sorry, Corso! I promise never to pretend to have Alais cheat on you ever again! ~.~

Yes, the routine romance doesn't exist in books and movies and most likely won't exist in this game, but I know I'm not the only one that wants more interactions would their companions, even if it is a 'daily routine romance' mission.

sigh...yes, a good-night kiss after hard day, or a hug or pazaak (damn Corso, you played one with wookie!!! Why not me?!) anything is better then...bloody ENDGAME.

I know they promissed more content. But it looked like "we'll give you more FP, and more WZ and more gear....and...well, one day you'll get some more story...RP and socials? Minigames? hmm..we may think it over, thanx".

It's just I can't see any positive way for the romance lines atm. They had a lot of galaxy-saving job together and ended in something close to "victory", and their enemies were tough. Where would "loving more and more" thing get from? Should they kill The Main Sith in two? As for me the word "love" (in the meaning used here) has no grades at all. You either have it or not. As our local proverb says "one can't be just a little bit pregnant", same way I don't feel there can be something like "a little bit in love". But thats next to offtop already,and that's just mho, as you could guess.

Imo, no outer obstacles should\can influe such kind of relations. And inner ones are hard to implemend in a modeled in-game reality.

ps: Yep, I might be all wrong, and I'd be happy to see BW wordmasters surprising me one day. They already did it once creating this guy, so - hope springs eternal. But healing out same missions with random party over and over again just to get yet-another-plus-stat ... not in this game, please.

I was playing around on Voss the other day, and decided to see what would be Corso's response if I went through with sleeping with Lokir-Ka (I usually do this, then hit escape and redo it). When Lokir stated that Corso must be my husband, my smuggler responded with the fact that she was not married. Corso's response to this just utterly broke my heart. I felt bad for even pretending to choose it. It was along the lines of-

"You know he doesn't mean anything. You will leave here, and slink back to the ship, and just expect me to be there waiting on you"

He then walks away and looks over his shoulder and says, "One of these times, it might not be true." Proceeded by a hand covered shake of his head.

I was floored! It was just so sad. I know he's pixilated, but I actually felt like a bad person, because he was so hurt by it. Lokir even states that his wife won't be the only heart they were breaking. O.o

In a sum up... Very sorry, Corso! I promise never to pretend to have Alais cheat on you ever again! ~.~

all i can say to that is.......ouch. o.o

I hate corso's stupid white guy dreads. Seriously, who's idea was it to give him *********** dreads? Was so glad you can change his hair because I would have hated him otherwise.

I facepalm every time I see a smuggler who's using an unmodded corso.

Edited by GregMD

I don't think he is a white guy with dreads. Always figured him more for a mix of different stuff, especially considering his cousin is black. So dreads would make sense for his hair type probably. Also, considering he started out as a Kiffar, dreads are naturally what he would have.

I have been switching between my smuggler and my Jedi knight (just for reference, I am female) and I have to say I prefer Doc over Corso.

It's not that Corso is unattractive, it's just he seems way too young for my smuggler, who I view as rather worldly and not so naive and idealistic. And maybe Dezz (Dezzarey) might like a boy toy that can hold his own in a fight, he just seems wrong for her in the long term. Even though she hates pirates, I see her more hooking up with someone like a reformed Andronikus Revel; someone whose morals are a little grayer.

I'm playing Dezz full on mercenary who is always has the whats-in-it-for-me attitude and Corso doesn't seem to like that, so I'm pretty disappointed. Since Corso seems to be her only romance option, I think she's screwed and not in a good way. I don't want to play her different just so she can have a romantic interlude.

I wish there were more romance options. Fortunately for my jedi and my sith, I've liked both Doc and Andronikus.

I hate corso's stupid white guy dreads. Seriously, who's idea was it to give him *********** dreads? Was so glad you can change his hair because I would have hated him otherwise.

I facepalm every time I see a smuggler who's using an unmodded corso.

I don't like how he looks or the dreads either, but customization seems really weird to me. So ultimately I don't care enough either way, since it's not like I ever have to look at him (Press spacebar to skip conversation).

I have been switching between my smuggler and my Jedi knight (just for reference, I am female) and I have to say I prefer Doc over Corso.

It's not that Corso is unattractive, it's just he seems way too young for my smuggler, who I view as rather worldly and not so naive and idealistic. And maybe Dezz (Dezzarey) might like a boy toy that can hold his own in a fight, he just seems wrong for her in the long term. Even though she hates pirates, I see her more hooking up with someone like a reformed Andronikus Revel; someone whose morals are a little grayer.

I'm playing Dezz full on mercenary who is always has the whats-in-it-for-me attitude and Corso doesn't seem to like that, so I'm pretty disappointed. Since Corso seems to be her only romance option, I think she's screwed and not in a good way. I don't want to play her different just so she can have a romantic interlude.

I wish there were more romance options. Fortunately for my jedi and my sith, I've liked both Doc and Andronikus.

To be really fair, his "I'm a backwater hick" thing is mostly an act. But he is still somewhat TOO idealistic, considering his backstory, and he's also socially awkward in some ways that really don't make much sense. I'm not really a dark-side or grey person, but I do get where you're coming from, because in some ways I find him a little smothering.

Edited by Bytemite