Major Anri >>> Tau Loser

Reeny

^Well, I never wanted a character gone til Tau (beta player); I completely agree with the OP and disagree 100% w the rationalizing to keep her. She's far worse than any plot character prior, sorry.

I pray she stays squashed like a stink bug:mon_angel:

It is fine for you but then there are some that like her. With the OP he wouldn't want Anri gone but it is okay for them to get rid of Tau because it doesn't affect him but it does affect others. He would throw a fit if Anri was allowed to be killed.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is fine for you but then there are some that like her. With the OP he wouldn't want Anri gone but it is okay for them to get rid of Tau because it doesn't affect him but it does affect others. He would throw a fit if Anri was allowed to be killed.

^We should just get a choice, like we did Arcann, to keep her or not: that's fair.

"~There's one thing I've been meaning to say to you, since you returned... Goodbye, [Tau]."

Edited by Willjb

I like both Tau and Major Anri. But I find myself enjoying Tau´s character more, particularly when she goes through her tragic memories on Ossus, trying to come to terms with who she is, and later during The Onslaught, when she struggles with passing on what she has learned to Arn.

Companion love is very subjective and none of us will ever agree, however I hope both Anri and Tau remain as story companions only and never join my characters as permanent companions for any reason - they actually make me appreciate Lana (and I've never been a Lana fan). Arn Perulan and Darth Rivix however are much more interesting characters and I'd like them both as companions. I'd really like it if Arn

gives into his anger again & goes all darkside allowing him to join the sith.

Companion love is very subjective and none of us will ever agree, however I hope both Anri and Tau remain as story companions only and never join my characters as permanent companions for any reason - they actually make me appreciate Lana (and I've never been a Lana fan). Arn Perulan and Darth Rivix however are much more interesting characters and I'd like them both as companions. I'd really like it if Arn

gives into his anger again & goes all darkside allowing him to join the sith.

Me to, it's been my DS JC's goal,

He's been undermining Tau and everyone form the Jedi/Pub side at all chances, encourages him to give in to his anger and puts him and his ideas down at every turn. I'm hoping my JC will get a chance to convert him over, my JC wouldn't make him an apprentice just a lapdog. Love my fully DS JC he's so cartoonishly evil. :p

I do like the relationship between Tau and Arn, master and padawan at the moment, I think it's so awkward at first it's adorable, makes my LS/Loyal JC's and JK's want another padwawn for themselves. I do believe going forward that something is going to happen to one of them which will cause the other to lash out. I also like Anri, I hope so see more of all 3 going forward.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

why -- WHY ?

Why do we have to hate on any characters ?

I hate Malgus - WHY did they bring him back ?? But a lot of people really like him, and they have that right --

so let him live and leave him alone;

as well as others you do not like -- ok ? Sheesh I really dislike these " I hate ... therefore, they must die " threads

just airlock Malgus -- please -- that would make ME happy

but not a lot of other people

^That makes [[[NO]]] sense: he's the poster villian of this game since it's promotion before it came out. He's not some hack who sudden appeared in the late expansions, like a lame character added to a tv show several years down the road when ratings plummeted - with Tau at the helm, expect storyline to be the worst ever (she's not cute, she's an incessantly annoying [buzzkill] and incompetent: everything Malgus isn't).

Malgus has been here since Day 1, and it's nonsense to overlook that - easy for Johnny-come-latelies, obviously^

Darth Rivix and Arn Perulan are WAY more interesting, keep them - and ditch the moppy broody hack: she's depressing to look at for players.

(ditto: EQ to ToR Beta, w guild)

>-Io ----------------------> O #--------------<D}

(Tau)--------------------->(airlock, then blasted and disintegrated by a Republic fighter)

Edited by Willjb

I like both. Actually, I like all the returning and new characters featured from Jedi Under Siege through Onslaught.

I do like how the Republic side gets force users for once. Oricon, Empire gets a sith and Republic gets a trooper for the quest giver/main npc. Makeb, Empire gets a sith and republic gets a scientist. Shadow of Revan through Ziost, empire gets a sith (Lana) and republic gets a spy/agent (Theron). So it's nice seeing the republic get a force user for once.

But again, I like all the new characters. Hope they all stick around for a while.

^That makes [[[NO]]] sense: he's the poster villian of this game since it's promotion before it came out. He's not some hack who sudden appeared in the late expansions, like a lame character added to a tv show several years down the road when ratings plummeted - with Tau at the helm, expect storyline to be the worst ever (she's not cute, she's an incessantly annoying [buzzkill] and incompetent: everything Malgus isn't).

Malgus has been here since Day 1, and it's nonsense to overlook that - easy for Johnny-come-latelies, obviously^

Darth Rivix and Arn Perulan are WAY more interesting, keep them - and ditch the moppy broody hack: she's depressing to look at for players.

(ditto: EQ to ToR Beta, w guild)

>-Io ----------------------> O #--------------<D}

(Tau)--------------------->(airlock, then blasted and disintegrated by a Republic fighter)

Why not? some people dislike him just like you dislike Tau so it is the same thing as you are requesting for Tau. You dislike her and wanted her gone. Some people dislike him and want him gone. Same principle.

I love Major Anri. Voice acting, storyline, everything. I especially like that she continues the plot arc about the Empire accepting aliens into its ranks, becoming a true meritocracy.

Tau... I want to like her. But she's yet another Jedi who assumes the worst about Imperials and doesn't really want to make peace (or converts to the Republic). Yeah, I know she has a backstory written to make her prone to violence and aggression, but that's part of my problem. I'd rather have regular interactions with a jedi more like Satele Shan, Maybe I want to deal with a Jedi who can sense the Light Side in my Imperial character and treat me accordingly.

Edited by Xina_LA

Why not? some people dislike him just like you dislike Tau so it is the same thing as you are requesting for Tau. You dislike her and wanted her gone. Some people dislike him and want him gone. Same principle.

Personally I agree 100% it is the same principle. I dislike Malgus and well in-fact any character killed off then brought back in any comic/book/film/game. Not that Malgus was a Fav of mine before is return. I have never been fond of BW killing of characters just for the sake of killing characters off (such as Torion or Vette) even less so when its at the whims of just a few players.

I love Major Anri. Voice acting, storyline, everything. I especially like that she continues the plot arc about the Empire accepting aliens into its ranks, becoming a true meritocracy.

Tau... I want to like her. But she's yet another Jedi who assumes the worst about Imperials and doesn't really want to make peace (or converts to the Republic). Yeah, I know she has a backstory written to make her prone to violence and aggression, but that's part of my problem. I'd rather have regular interactions with a jedi more like Satele Shan, Maybe I want to deal with a Jedi who can sense the Light Side in my Imperial character and treat me accordingly.

It's not like Tau doesn't have her reasons to assume the worst about Imperials. She was there when the Empire restarted the war by attacking them on Ossus. And even if your character is a lightsider, they're still helping a brutal authoritarian enemy of the Republic conquer the galaxy.

Edited by OldVengeance

It's not like Tau doesn't have her reasons to assume the worst about Imperials. She was there when the Empire restarted the war by attacking them on Ossus. And even if your character is a lightsider, they're still helping a brutal authoritarian enemy of the Republic conquer the galaxy.

Not if you stayed independent. Also not if you're a double-agent.

Regardless of political affiliation, Jedi are supposed to strive for peace and justice, not victory.

If they can convert someone to their cause, they're supposed to try, to never give up hope.

If you're a Light-side person, that's a clear indication that there's cause for hope.

I would have liked Tau to have side scene with my double-agent to plan things out together, or at least acknowledge that they're not enemies. I would also have liked to see Tau give my Alliance independent a little talk about making good choices. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have been written with much nuance (IE: different story dialog options).

Edited by Xina_LA

Regardless of political affiliation, Jedi are supposed to strive for peace and justice, not victory.

If they can convert someone to their cause, they're supposed to try, to never give up hope.

If you're a Light-side person, that's a clear indication that there's cause for hope.

I would have liked Tau to have side scene with my double-agent to plan things out together, or at least acknowledge that they're not enemies. I would also have liked to see Tau give my Alliance independent a little talk about making good choices. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to have been written with much nuance (IE: different story dialog options).

The problem I can see per se if this would happen is that your secret of being a double-agent has more of chance to getting back to the imperials and this might not be the right time (considering there hasn't been anything said about our saboteurs actually joining the other faction) and you might be killed or something.

As far as staying independent, Tau would have probably been told that you have already made choices to help the Republic and furthermore it seems to be that even your independent character is already respected by the faction you choose to support and therefore Tau probably thinks there isn't much she can tell you that you don't already know or haven't done.

I would have liked a scene with a double agent specific scene with Tau as well, but the important part about being a double agent is that most people don't know that's what you are. And if it was easy to sense, you would have been discovered already. Hopefully, there will be the chance to reveal yourself to her in the future.

If you're alliance remains independent, you're still an ally of your faction. So for Imperial Outlanders, that means you're still actively aiding the Sith take over the galaxy.

Jedi are supposed to be guardians of peace and justice, but there also can't be peace and justice without victory over the Sith Empire.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 1 year later...

Even after all the empire changes non force users are still subservient to the Sith, they might not get force chocked as often but they still choose to live under a system where non force users are inferior to force users and have to work extra hard just to prove they are capable, and even then you ll never be at the same level as a Sith.

Arni can rationalize it any way she wants but that is why all my non force using empire characters choose sabotage over assisting the empire to continue its classist system.

Maybe if we start seeing non force users as dark council members then things would be different.

Tau and Arn are both very inexperienced which can lead to interesting stories, though i am feeling far too many anakin vibes from Arn

Edited by ralphieceaser

Give me even MORE Tau please. I love when she calls me out, and when she doesn't bow her head to me and never kisses the ground I walked on. She didn't even call me "Master" or "Lord" or "Emperor" and that made me swoon even more! She can betray me a few times like some NPCs do and I'd thank her. Edited by vianiel

I also think Tau is annoying. She wouldn't shut up about her story. Now we get stuck with more of her. :mad:

Agreed, however I dislike Anri more and was really disappointed when they announced more of her :mad: I really don't like being forced to speak to Anri far at almost every opportunity. Why is she always bothering me? I can't space bar her quickly enough. As for Tau, I may have liked her a bit more if she was Sith; she just seems a wrong fit for a Jedi & I really don't care about her back story. Anri & Tau made appreciate Jakarro/C2-D4 a lot more and they annoy the hell out of me. Darth Malora** would be a much better story companion than Anri on the Empire side; she should be in my alliance.

**petition for Darth Malora's eye colour on the CM please