Scourge interaction update changing on it's own

SilverDove

I suspect that the default script in place for all romances, where you can break up should you choose to romance someone else, was triggered while they rearranged our companion list in Thursday's patch. The patch notes even specifically point out moving Scourge (and Kira and Jakarro) to the right category, and I'm guessing somehow it caused a bug with the Scourge romance string.

Can't imagine it's saboteur related as the romance is engaged post-Corellia, with our sab/loyalist status already affirmed, and the break-up line states we did the breaking up, not him. That said, it would be a sure kick in the gut if sab/loyalist actions put our romances at risk, especially with the non-existent options to romance someone else in the current content and there being no warning for it thus far. Theron's anger and a missed kiss is one thing (and while understandable, bad enough) but it would be terrible if it ever reached a point where he (or any other LI) dumps us.

You're probably right that the shuffling of companions caused this issue. I wasn't going all Henny-Penny, but it would be a kick in the nads if somehow a Sab decision caused a permanent rift. I shudder to think. As it is, I feel bad for keeping Theron around in the alliance with my SI, my only DS 5 character, it might have been kinder to exile him. And Quinn would be apoplectic if a SW was working for the Republic.

Makes for interesting head canon though. Not pleasant, but interesting.

I definitely agree that it would be OOC for Theron to stick by a murderous PC and his reaction if you've caused a lot of death is understandable. He's not a doormat and I actually appreciate his personality being honored rather than him being changed to suit a DS'er.

What I have against it isn't his reaction (which only makes sense) but the game's approach. It would be rotten for players to lose him in that way or at least, without genuine clarification that it's a risk, you know? Especially when he ends up being the only one/one of a few, who will break up with you for your actions. That's not a common thing right now so the game should be giving warnings along the likes of "Name Disapproves" and "Your actions will be remembered" or "Your actions will put your romance at risk".

I do agree that there should be a clear warning that some actions could cause you to loose your romance and that it would suck to loose a long time romance over some decisions without any clear warning beforehands.

Here i think the worst was for imp saboteurs who took the saboteur option before realising that this decision would cause Theron to be mad, this one was really tricky.

So yeah there should be something to indicate when we make a decision that it could have a negative effect on a certain companions, so that you can choose to either stick to your decision or change it to keep your companion happy before it's too late.

Though i actually like that our decisions may have actual consequences and that our companions are allowed to be their own person and are able to make their own decision according to ours, instead of being doormats that say amen to everything we do.

Good thing my jedi knight I want to romance scourge hasn't even started onslaught yet.

I don't know if been fixed by Onslaught but Jedi Under Siege had bugs with companions. If it was active HK-55 would not actually come back. You could do his quests but he would;t become a usable companion. Three times I had customer service fix it. They ask you to log off while they do something to your files.

Even stranger, Blizz didn't appear for Guss alert when I had JUS active, A quest marker would appear on map of Alliance base but he wasn't actually there,

Theron got mad at my lightside double agent but not at my darkside jedi who actually let Republic citizens be killed. Makes no sense.

Edited by RameiArashi

I sent a ticket as requested by Charles via Twitter at the time, got a reply back from customer service today saying

'We wanted to let you know that we identified the problem you ran into as a bug. We'll fix it in a future game update.'
(And then posted a link to the patch notes to keep an eye on.)

Whether that means that the relationship is currently considered 'ended' or whether they mean it's just a display bug, I don't know. No clue when it will be fixed either. So I guess I'm not taking my Knight through any future story until this gets fixed as I don't want him to miss any possible romance stuff that might come with it. :(

Hey everyone!

Thanks for calling attention to this - we're aware of the issue and investigating. Please, if you haven't already, submit in-game tickets on the affected characters - this gets our team the info they need to investigate effectively.

Thank you!

Ticket submitted, however, for those who aren't sure what this bug is, here's a screenshot (I've abbreviated my fury remark in the image to avoid the ban stick)!

https://imgur.com/a/ICob9C7

How could you let this happen Devs? After we waited so patiently for the Lord Scourge romance. I'm really hoping you can retro fix this, otherwise many of us will be very very :mad:

EDIT: Although, is this a hint at a new future romance being added? Who on earth could they possibly add that would have people considering dumping Scourgy?

Edited by Sarova

I sent a ticket as requested by Charles via Twitter at the time, got a reply back from customer service today saying (And then posted a link to the patch notes to keep an eye on.)

Whether that means that the relationship is currently considered 'ended' or whether they mean it's just a display bug, I don't know. No clue when it will be fixed either. So I guess I'm not taking my Knight through any future story until this gets fixed as I don't want him to miss any possible romance stuff that might come with it. :(

That is a generic auto-response and doesn't mean anything.