SW needs to stop bringing the Dead back to Life

Reeny

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea...on my JK i chose Republic and poor Acina...

On my Sith warrior, chose Sith and Jace malcom became one with the Force.

Didnt know it is possible to ignore someone on the forums.

Yay! Someone got ignored.

tks!

I try not to use it but it really comes in handy when "aggressive negotiations" go overboard.

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Bringing old characters back to life ain't inherently wrong, if it's done for a good reason, with an interesting purpouse and adds to the revived character's developement.

Which of course is the completion opposite of Malgus' return. Absolutely pointless, uninteresting and void of creativity. Fanfic writers would actually do a better job bringing him back than professional paid Bioware writers did. The latter just... made him return and do the same thing boring thing he did in every throwaway leveling Falshpoint "new evil plan of the day!". They didn't do anything to add to his personality nor character developement.

And please, don't say "this is just the beginning of the new story". Its not. He's been back in 2 major updates by now and his return remains creatively bankrupt for over a year now and counting. Just as the entire renewed focus on Imp vs Rep. The plot of the game is basically dead at the current moment.

Edited by Pietrastor

Well, the only one so far who still has Acina as Empress is the first character i played Iokath with, my Imperius. Then i realised my choice killed Theron's dad, and then i realised the Empire went back to their old ways of wanting to conquer the Galaxy no matter the cost :'(

So, she became a saboteur.

Then i played with my JK who is LS and romances Theron, i just couldn't choose the Empire with her, and i'm actually really glad i messed up a secondary character but chose the Republic with my JK, as she's my main, i'd have hated ruining her story, i'd have been forced to delete her and recreate her to get things right.

Edited by Goreshaga

Disagree he did, BW later just decided to change it because it was easier than coming up with something new.

Except the end of the Sith Warrior's Chapter 3 storyline confirms that he's still alive after fighting the Jedi Knight.

Why are you making something like that up when It was literally confirmed in the vanilla game?

Same as above, BW just changed it, also enough players asked for him to return so made it an easy choice.

Except you're wrong about the above, yet you continue to state your assumptions as if they're fact.

OH what was that? you asked for proof? Well my proof is just an opinion

When you state your assumptions as if they're a fact that's not you giving your opinion.

based on nothing same as yours.

https://i.imgur.com/dDKg2NI.png

Why lean into something so hard as if it's a fact when you can shown/proven to be wrong? Why do that? Do you believe there's no possible way for you to be wrong, is that it?

Well.....The OP is far from the worst player for doing that yet don't remember you saying that to any of the others.

What other users are making topics on a daily basis like this?

What other users are posting multiple topics about how they hate Tau & then like 2 days later making another topic about how they hate Tau (in the same forum section) instead of just continuing the Tau hate in their previous topic?

Let's say you watched the Return trailer where a character who is dressed like Malgus, has Malgus's voice and is called "Malgus" by his master. After watching that trailer would you then go & make a topic asking who that very clearly defined character was in the trailer was? That sort of thing seems weird no?

Sure there are other users like Zion who post frequently, but not everytime an idea about SW pops into their head, ie "Iron Man armor is on sale lol" There are plenty of people who post frequently that I don't agree with but more often than not it seems/feels like they're putting together coherent thoughts & not just spamming the forum(s)

Regardless of the OP's other posts which to be honest don't really remember them, on this I agree with him, I never liked characters been brought back to life in any way.

That's perfectly fine & understandable, but it's not something that's exclusively a SW thing the way he's making it out to be. He's acting like all long-running stories/franchises don't all do these same things.

This topic comes across like he just found out about Palpatine being in Episode 9, got upset about & then felt like he had to post a topic about it. Isn't this sort of a thing a more general sort of topic? Why is he posting it in the SWTOR game discussion instead of another section? He's talking about SW in general, not SWTOR specifically.

It's not just SW's that does it it's in far to many other Films T.V shows, Games, Books and comics and has been for well on 20+ years.

Yes, exactly, so then why is the TC acting like it's purely a SW thing?

Edited by Darth-Obvious

You two

should

Get

A

Room

and dual to tha deaaaaaaaaaaaaaath! Star Wars Style!

Or take it to PM.......that work too. Who want tea now ? :D

I would have rathered this all have stayed on topic rather than getting into some dumb debate about gate-keeping although it's hard to have any kind of proper discussion with the TC - "IT'S FAN-FICTION I TELL YOU!"

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Zash Legacy! :eek:

Khem..eat this person! lol

Also you are on mah server! LOL

For a second I was like "Wait, how do they know my legacy name?"

Completely forgot it was in the picture, same with the server name. :p I was more focused on making sure the Imperius name stood out. :D

The Zash legacy name was what I decided to use because I had just finished Chapter 1 with the Inquisitor & Zash's name was still so fresh in my mind at that moment. I also couldn't think of anything better at the time, but it was always weird to me that I would give myself that name given what just happened with Zash moments prior. It's a weird name/legacy to want to continue as your character if/when you think about it.

That being said it does sound cool/good/fun at the end of a lot of names. "Imperius Zash" "Rex Zash" etc

Edited by Darth-Obvious

I agree, but Malgus never should have died to begin with. Or at least not in the way they did it. Flashpoint death is relegated to nobodies/less notable people, not the face of one of the two factions. So I don't mind Malgus being brought back, especially since I really liked the guy and never wanted to kill him to begin with. I just hope they don't go rez crazy. We don't need the Emperor brought back, we don't need Vaylin or Marr or whomever else.

Also as a comic book and Dragon Ball fan I am pretty used to death not really sticking. So bringing him back didn't rustle my jimmies or nothin' even if I weren't a bias fan of Malgus. He has a cool voice, a cool look, and is one bad MFer.

I agree, but Malgus never should have died to begin with. Or at least not in the way they did it. Flashpoint death is relegated to nobodies/less notable people, not the face of one of the two factions. So I don't mind Malgus being brought back, especially since I really liked the guy and never wanted to kill him to begin with. I just hope they don't go rez crazy. We don't need the Emperor brought back, we don't need Vaylin or Marr or whomever else.

Also as a comic book and Dragon Ball fan I am pretty used to death not really sticking. So bringing him back didn't rustle my jimmies or nothin' even if I weren't a bias fan of Malgus. He has a cool voice, a cool look, and is one bad MFer.

I don't feel like Malgus died given the way the ending was originally scripted, ie falling over the side. When we see characters die in the game it's usually made pretty clear that they died, lightsaber through the chest, etc. There's generally no room for freedom in those deaths. The Malgus defeat feels like it was written/scripted to give themselves an out or a way to bring him back if they decided to do so or if they already had plans to bring him back.

It's hard to know what the original plans were for the story beyond the vanilla game or rather we know that the game going F2P altered existing plans that were in place that had to be shifted around or scrapped.

Someone being bothered by Malgus coming back I can understand as a more general thing. As in they felt like that story was done, or they didn't like the character or whatever. But somebody being (overly) upset about the notion of him coming back to life when the game never clearly established that he died seems ridiculous.

I too liked Malgus's character. His voice, his views on how the Empire had to change, hiim being the one in charge of sending our characters into Flashpoints, etc, and it was cool that he was positioned to be our enemy at the end of all of it.

I never felt like Satele was the right opposition for him on the Republic side though. Satele leads the Jedi Order, she's not rash to action, or any of the things you would expect from the person leading the Republic forces. It felt like that character should've been someone like Jace Malcolm or someone who's part of the Republic Military. Also given his prior history with Malgus & that they were both the ones that scared one another it would make sense to pit them against each other (again) that way too. Plus despite being a prominant character in the lore I think the only time you see Jace in the vanilla story is the Alderaan Bonus Series, which is weird given his character's status. You'd think he would've shown up in more places.

Amen. That just shows a lack of new ideas when you do that.

Its not about the lack of new ideas, but its more about the timeframe and introducion. For example in case of Malgus, Satele Shan etc, you have videos, articles etc there is simply a lot of info about them and you do not have to introduce them.

If you would introduce a new character it would take A LOT of info about him. The audience needs to get to know him, start liking him, needs to encounter him often etc. So in order for the story to move on in this manner there is a lot of time involved. So when they think about something like this, they rather reivive an old know toon just to avoid all this work.

Poor writing . While I role played my LS wrath could understand where he was coming from and why he was doing what he did...that was like worst timing ever dude!!! lol

what I mean, they could've dunno...make him escape the battle at the end of the flashpoint, where he promise he would return and stuff . And make it sound like he stole ressources and alot of the Empire forces...(and thats why we couldnt hold corellia..and thats why the Empire got its *** kicked by stupid Zaakul)...and make something like he return with foreign forces to help against Valkorian , or make you choose who you want as empress (well he would die there , cose Acina is so nom nom lol), but they couldve made the Empire be ruled by 2 Emprores instead of one .

You know? There are plenty of ways they could've done that then ''Throw a grenade, pretend to die ARGH! slink in a hole........time pass....time pass....come back as a lapdog......'' :rolleyes:

Its not about the lack of new ideas, but its more about the timeframe and introducion. For example in case of Malgus, Satele Shan etc, you have videos, articles etc there is simply a lot of info about them and you do not have to introduce them.

If you would introduce a new character it would take A LOT of info about him. The audience needs to get to know him, start liking him, needs to encounter him often etc. So in order for the story to move on in this manner there is a lot of time involved. So when they think about something like this, they rather reivive an old know toon just to avoid all this work.

This is true.

Onslaught probably featured the largest number of returning characters we've seen in such a short amount of time. Most of the NPCs on the Republic & Empire sides were returning characters. The new planets had new characters, but that's of course to be expected, and of the new characters introduced in the story it's really only Arn that's given any signifant attention.

Poor writing . While I role played my LS wrath could understand where he was coming from and why he was doing what he did...that was like worst timing ever dude!!! lol

what I mean, they could've dunno...make him escape the battle at the end of the flashpoint, where he promise he would return and stuff . And make it sound like he stole ressources and alot of the Empire forces...(and thats why we couldnt hold corellia..and thats why the Empire got its *** kicked by stupid Zaakul)...and make something like he return with foreign forces to help against Valkorian , or make you choose who you want as empress (well he would die there , cose Acina is so nom nom lol), but they couldve made the Empire be ruled by 2 Emprores instead of one .

You know? There are plenty of ways they could've done that then ''Throw a grenade, pretend to die ARGH! slink in a hole........time pass....time pass....come back as a lapdog......'' :rolleyes:

The very end of Illum feels like it wraps up too quickly or makes it seem like they ran out of time or something.

It's very weird to have Malgus fall over the side like that whether they planned for him to come back or not. It feels like they might have had something bigger planned at one time but had to get the game out & so they were like "Uh just have him fall over the edge."

After everything that was built up, plus everything we saw throughout that Flashpoint, & given the type of character Malgus is, it really seems/feels like Malgus would have had something to say upon defeat. That's why I say it feels like the scene with him falling over the side feels like they ran out of time or something.

The very end of Illum feels like it wraps up too quickly or makes it seem like they ran out of time or something.

It's very weird to have Malgus fall over the side like that whether they planned for him to come back or not. It feels like they might have had something bigger planned at one time but had to get the game out & so they were like "Uh just have him fall over the edge."

After everything that was built up, plus everything we saw throughout that Flashpoint, & given the type of character Malgus is, it really seems/feels like Malgus would have had something to say upon defeat. That's why I say it feels like the scene with him falling over the side feels like they ran out of time or something.

Oh no! no nope...nonononono.

BW SUCK at ''Last Speech before Dying''!!! They just suck at it! Make you wanna become a Necro , rise the body and kill a 100 time over...soo baaaaaaad!

*Flashback*

Malak: T-this...this could've been y-you...Revan....it's all y-your fault...y-you dragged me to t-the *cough bleed* d-dark side......

F!Revan: Shutup! *hit Malak over tha head with her lightsaber* Die Already you lousy final Boss!

Malak: w-wait...n-not d-done...guilt t-tripping..*Cough*...y-you...

F!Revan: End credits ! Come on! Let me out of hereeee!

HK-47: Statement: Should I finish him off master?

F!Revan: Aim for the mouth , will you ?

*Flashback*

Shepard: Why didn't you step aside Kaidan/Ashley ???

Kaidan/Ashley: C-cose...*Cough*...still m-mad at y-you..for not v-visiting at the h-hospital..n-no..gifts...*Cough*...either...

Shepard: *Cry* I couldn't! My shrink said that after the drama on Horizon I should put a restreining order on you two..so I can heal from tha traumaaaaaaaa!

Kaidan/Ashley: Cerberus...*Cough*...really changed you...*Cough*..Commander...

Shepard: But I'm not working for cerberus!!!

Kaidan/Ashley: ....*expire*...

Shepard: NOOOO! They died without seeing the light ! Woe is MEH!

Wait, you're Imperius? I thought I was Imperius? :p

https://i.imgur.com/BtR69xp.png

Lol, nice one :D

We don't need the Emperor brought back, we don't need Vaylin or Marr or whomever else.

This, i agree with.

Though, i think Vitiates is more a case of cleaning the last bits of him before he's really gone (well, i hope so anyways)

I would not mind seeing Marr's ghost again (maybe onthat ship where Satele is), as it would not really bring him back to life, but as he's not fully gone, they can still use his spirit sometimes.

Vaylin, i'd not oppose her becoming a CM companion or being available on the Companion terminal for people who want her by their side, but i really think she should stay dead storywise.

I never felt like Satele was the right opposition for him on the Republic side though. Satele leads the Jedi Order, she's not rash to action, or any of the things you would expect from the person leading the Republic forces. It felt like that character should've been someone like Jace Malcolm or someone who's part of the Republic Military. Also given his prior history with Malgus & that they were both the ones that scared one another it would make sense to pit them against each other (again) that way too. Plus despite being a prominant character in the lore I think the only time you see Jace in the vanilla story is the Alderaan Bonus Series, which is weird given his character's status. You'd think he would've shown up in more places.

Well, they're opposites during the trailers, but yeah in the story afterwards, Marr is closer to Satele's counterpart than Malgus.

Malcom could've been a nice couterpart yep.

And yeah he appears on Alderaan, and he also pops up at the end of the Knight story, after the defeat of the Emperor on Dromund Kaas, when the crew is awarded the Cross of Glory, standing between the scientist you meet on Tatooine, and Charle Organa

I would not mind seeing Marr's ghost again (maybe onthat ship where Satele is), as it would not really bring him back to life, but as he's not fully gone, they can still use his spirit sometimes.

hey maybe..they do that ''Choices don't matter things'' where they ask you to let Satele die, or have Marr sacrifice his spirit thing for her ?

I personally hate that practise..since..uh..ME1 (wanted to tie both Ashley and Kaidan to tha Bomb). :p

Yeah but Spirit ghost aren't your..can walk around and do stuff. Last time we saw Marr, he said something about it being hard to show up in that form. That say, he still has a purpose...but he will eventually fade once...there is peace or whatever .

Though I do remember that force Ghost dude on Tython for JC...maybe force ghost tied to a place don't suffer that much ? in comparaison to one like Marr who are not tied to a place or a body.....and they need more..force power or something ?

I don't mind characters returning from the dead, or hearing "Guess what, they didn't actually die", but it's the how of it.

Not sure yet how I feel about Malgus--it's cool to see him again but I really hope this isn't another bid of his for power/rule. Guess I'm withholding my opinion until we see what he does/intends to do next. If he stomps his feet again about being Emperor then... meh. Been there, done that I guess. I do think the ending of Ilum was vague enough for his return now to work but again, for me it's all going to come down to why they brought him back and how they're going to handle his story moving forward.

Tenekoriate needs to stay deader than dead. While I loved the stories connected to Vitiate during the original class arcs, and didn't even mind his rise on Yavin 4... I've been disappointed with his story throughout KOTFEET as Valkorion. It changed his impact as this superior, mysterious, embodiment of evil and the dark side to humanize him and make him almost as plain and normal as other baddies.

I don't think this Scourge, Kira, and Satele situation is going to bring Valkorion back. I think it's a way of tying up any loose ends related to his storyline, questions players have had over the years about the who/what/why/when of all his body-hopping and so forth (Charles did promise months ago we'd get answers about his original body for instance). I think it'll be closure on his part of the story while potentially providing a new, different threat.

I also hope this Scourge thing does not once more bring back Revan because again, been there, done that. Seen enough of him by now, let him sip tea in the afterlife and stay gone.

Lastly, as an avid reader of fan fiction, yes they often do a much better job at the story but I don't think you can honestly compare them to game writers. Fanfiction writers have a lot more freedom in a way. They're not beholden to someone else's vision, the company's vision, having to satisfy thousands of subscribers, staying within resource limits, being mindful of 8 different classes and all associated story and characters and so forth.

I don't mind characters returning from the dead, or hearing "Guess what, they didn't actually die", but it's the how of it.

Not sure yet how I feel about Malgus--it's cool to see him again but I really hope this isn't another bid of his for power/rule. Guess I'm withholding my opinion until we see what he does/intends to do next. If he stomps his feet again about being Emperor then... meh. Been there, done that I guess. I do think the ending of Ilum was vague enough for his return now to work but again, for me it's all going to come down to why they brought him back and how they're going to handle his story moving forward.

(But what else is there? Unless he wanna take Valk powers from his original Body to try and rules..again lol)

Tenekoriate needs to stay deader than dead. While I loved the stories connected to Vitiate during the original class arcs, and didn't even mind his rise on Yavin 4... I've been disappointed with his story throughout KOTFEET as Valkorion. It changed his impact as this superior, mysterious, embodiment of evil and the dark side to humanize him and make him almost as plain and normal as other baddies.

(This! So much this!! I though as Vitiate, he was more..imposing, scary...filled with alot of unknown. Then they bring dude with beard and while both voices actors were good *I liked the Vitiate voice better personally*, but the whole family drama....was like so much Muh. Hell if they were gonna pretend that Kotfe and Kotet didnt happen, why did they not pick just after Yavin 4 stuff ? I liked Yavin 4. )

I don't think this Scourge, Kira, and Satele situation is going to bring Valkorion back. I think it's a way of tying up any loose ends related to his storyline, questions players have had over the years about the who/what/why/when of all his body-hopping and so forth (Charles did promise months ago we'd get answers about his original body for instance). I think it'll be closure on his part of the story while potentially providing a new, different threat.

(yeah, he gonna look some *insert skin color* generic looking dude lol can't wait. Hey! look thats what they did with Meetra Surik ! She went from Gorgeous to Generic chick anyone couldve made in the cc lol)

I also hope this Scourge thing does not once more bring back Revan because again, been there, done that. Seen enough of him by now, let him sip tea in the afterlife and stay gone.

(lol Amen!)

Tsk damn error thingy :(

(But what else is there? Unless he wanna take Valk powers from his original Body to try and rules..again lol)

That's what I've been wondering--whether Malgus may try and track down or stumble across that ship carrying Satele and her Jedi in quarantine. Which is basically just a big pod of pure, dark evil floating through space and someone in search of power and dominance over the galaxy might just love to get their hands on that compact little gift to snack on.