So a Sorc and a Merc walk into a Flash point... Bioware pay attention

TrixxieTriss

idk, I used my stealth character to run stealth runs and geared him, all 8 of my characters, in 306 gear in 3 days of running fps (just running in and killing bosses). Tons of gear dropping and on average about 20% was 306 once I was in all 306 gear. And, when I switched to tank gear preference, I got enough 306 tanking gear for 2 characters (only have one tank character, but you get a lot of extra trying to get a full set and some mods for set pieces). It seemed to work well for my shadow.

The problem (it sounds like to me) is players with no stealth character having to work so much harder and getting bad runs. I get 2-3 run streaks where no 306 gear dropped (although I admit I never had a 5 run streak). But then other runs end up giving me 50% 306 drops. It evens out (at least it has for me). The difference is I can do a run with another stealth toon in about 15 minutes, while non-toons take much much longer to get the drops. So, they are counting on gear each run.

I have experienced a similar drop rate in renown crates (around 20% 306 gear once my character is in all 306). PVP seems to be slacking. I rarely get anything decent from pvp crates (maybe 5%). However, I have gotten decent gear from weekly/daily pvp crates (only did it on 2 characters last week, so small sample size). I even got a set piece and a tactical. So that more than made up for it.

Anyway, my point is there IS an easy way to gear...if you have a stealth toon to run lots of fp's quickly. Doing it any other way is going to be frustrating (especially for those with multiple characters to gear).

The problem (it sounds like to me) is players with no stealth character having to work so much harder and getting bad runs.

I dunno about that. I lvled a Jugg first and geared it really fast by chain-quing MM fps set to all-random (to get those extra 2 boxes at the end of each run). I really dps more but I knew tank ques were gonna be lightning fast so I basically geared tank first to 306 (no set), then turned loot discipline to dps while still tanking and got 306 dps gear (no set) and at this point I had done so many MMs and gained so many frags I already had half a setbonus of my choosing purchased just waiting to get modded.

Sure, stealthing RR was probably faster, but honestly this is still the fastest I have ever geared in any expac.

Edited by Kiesu

• 1 month later...

It would be so good if Bioware actually revisited their Official bug thread with an update on what is happening with this gear bug.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9794040#post9794040

Let’s not forget all the threads it took to even get them to make an official thread about this bug.

Here are all the threads so far in case you missed them.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971647

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971604

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971553

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971520

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=970649

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Anything a game company (On purpose, couldn't get it right, subject to random unannounced changes) does that the fan base doesn't like can simply be "Hand Waved" off as "RNG". However, if something comes across as "Very Happy" to the "$Customers$" will always be announced as "We wanted you to have :) ).

don't expect any movement on anything before next year....

well I mean you can, but you'll be sorely disappointed.

I don’t expect a fix before then. That’s obviously not going to happen now. But how hard would it be for the community manager to do his job and provide some info? That’s well within the scope of a reasonable expectation.

I don’t expect a fix before then. That’s obviously not going to happen now. But how hard would it be for the community manager to do his job and provide some info? That’s well within the scope of a reasonable expectation.

Fully agreed with TrixxieTriss, who has, as usual, stated things accurately and succinctly.

It is also true that this is happening more to some classes than to others.

It's funny from the thread title I thought this was going to be a plea to buff Lightning Sorc and Arsenal Merc. You know, a nobody wants us in a group post. But alas, it's about gear.

You should at least count your lucky stars that people are letting you play with them! ;)

Can not believe anyone is still even half defending this PoS Gearing System.

It's a joke, and anyone who is playing along is a fool.

Because you played along Bioware will be completely comfortable adding ever more RNG Grind.

Well done, you've helped them ruin the game.

All The Best

I agree with you on this. Remember 5.0's new gearing system from our old friend Mr. Irving, that virtually EVERYONE hated and ******* about endlessly but virtually EVERYONE played along with? I don't see any difference here--it was largely unnecessary, PTS players warned about the problems with RNG, there was past precedent for the player base hating it even before 5.0, and they went from a system that was mostly easy to understand after all the positive fixes eventually went through to a convoluted mess that no one would ever be able to properly explain in less than a wall of text.

Then they practically waved all the lemmings into one specific piece of short uprising/flashpoint/broken chapter before pretending it wasn't the intention and nerfing that and waving them onto the next one. This was rewarding people not to play the game but to "efficiently" grind one thing ad infinitum, all while the playerbase grinding that way cheered this method on--calling players who want to actually play the game the lazy ones--then raging at Bioware for taking it away until some no-lifer finds the next most "efficient" mode to exploit.

I see nothing different here, and to compound it--I'm not even grinding for gear but I am collecting for the gear achievements and even some of those are bugged and not registering--leaving someone who isn't even trying to follow this nonsense in frustration.

I'm including anything resembling a response in what I said.... not gonna happen over holidays, and probably not the first couple of weeks of next year either

I'm including anything resembling a response in what I said.... not gonna happen over holidays, and probably not the first couple of weeks of next year either

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Void_Singer is right about this. What we have now is what we're going to have until mid-to-late January.

Ah, well. As messed up as it all may be, there are still fun things to do in SWTOR. The glass is half-full, even if there's a dead cockroach floating in it...wait, wait, wait! The damn thing isn't dead! AAAAHHH!

Have a question to ask. Is every piece of your gear rated 306? I have seen people with a 306 rating but not actually have 100% 306 gear and it has caused them to not get 306 consistently. I had a 304 piece ear at one time while all the rest was 306 and my I-level read as 306 but it wasn't until after that too was 306 did I start getting 306 regularly.

Have a question to ask. Is every piece of your gear rated 306? I have seen people with a 306 rating but not actually have 100% 306 gear and it has caused them to not get 306 consistently. I had a 304 piece ear at one time while all the rest was 306 and my I-level read as 306 but it wasn't until after that too was 306 did I start getting 306 regularly.

I’ve tested the theory and it’s not true. The drops are totally random. I tested over 100 flash points having my iRating at 305, 304, 302. I was I was still getting the same amount of 306 and 304, but I started to get 302, 300 and 298 as well.

It’s not holidays yet. So there’s been no reasonable excuse for them not to have posted since I replied to your post.