What’s the latest info on Lightning Sorc?

TrixxieTriss

Which utilities do you actually use yourself?

Where do you get eyrin's haste from? I don’t remember seeing it on the class vendor

Sith Defiance, Empty Body, Torturous Tactics

Suppression, Surging Speed, Backlash

Shapeless Spirit, Corrupted Barrier, Unnatural Vigor

That's what I'm currently using. I played with Dark Resilience instead of Backlash for a while. I miss the extra healing from UP, but stun bubbles are just so useful. And as I said before, you can't go wrong with Haunted Dreams or Emersion.

Eyrin's haste is on the vendor.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone gets shut down by good players. I've seen Etude die having taken merely 400k multiple times, and plenty of other times where he is reduced to kiting and doing minimal damage until he dies, just like everyone else. Against a lot of maras and ops, life is difficult for even the best sorcs. You've also only played a handful of games on your sorc in 6.0 as far as I'm aware. Whatever experience you've had in previous seasons isn't all that relevant when the meta in 6.0 is so different.

My argument against emersion is that it simply isn't useful as frequently as the damage reduction and reduced cooldown of unnatural preservation, which you consistently get a guaranteed benefit from. The amount of times I'm rooted and wish I had emersion to break it with force speed is very small (also, force speed is an offensive cooldown now, so it's not always even up when you need it regardless). If you're someone that really enjoys kiting and doesn't ever want to be hampered, I can understand taking it, but it's certainly not a must take.

Sith Defiance, Empty Body, Torturous Tactics

Suppression, Surging Speed, Backlash

Shapeless Spirit, Corrupted Barrier, Unnatural Vigor

Don't take corrupted barrier. It's not worth it. The healing got nerfed in 5.0. It now does very little healing. The only reason you're taking it, I assume is because of healing after barrier, but if that is the case then you are using barrier wrong. Barrier is not your "oh ****" ability like many assume. This is actually the biggest misconception from players

that play sorcerer in post 4.0. In 4.0 barrier healed to full with corrupted barrier, which made corrupted barrier a worthwhile utility, and allowed you to use barrier as your "oh ****" ability. In post 4.0 barrier should be used to prevent damage taken, not when you are at 1%. Barrier early and you don't need corrupted barrier. Barrier the stunlock before you get chunked for 60% of your health.

Also worth mentioning that stun bubble is a really "beginner level" utility. It's good if you're not good at kiting. But kiting should be the preferred way to stay alive, especially when sorcs have infinite roots with elemental convection. The fact of the matter is 1) stun bubble fills resolve. That's not always a good thing, especially in higher level fights where white barring someone matters. 2) stun bubble is easy to play around. namely all u have to do is pew pew a little from range to pop it. 3) if players aren't on you then it has no effect unless you walk into the fight to click it off, which is dumb because you give up a positional advantage for a negligible stun. some sorcs love to do this. i have millions of clips of them getting demolished because they do do it.

While I haven't played nearly as many games as you on my sorc yet, its not that hard to identify that kiting has not changed. It's still the same. Good players know how to kite and abuse other players for it. No I don't just mean run away like a headless chicken, but actually kite. The meta may have changed, but sorc is still the same as it has since the start.

Don't take corrupted barrier. It's not worth it. The healing got nerfed in 5.0. It now does very little healing. The only reason you're taking it, I assume is because of healing after barrier, but if that is the case then you are using barrier wrong. Barrier is not your "oh ****" ability like many assume. This is actually the biggest misconception from players

that play sorcerer in post 4.0. In 4.0 barrier healed to full with corrupted barrier, which made corrupted barrier a worthwhile utility, and allowed you to use barrier as your "oh ****" ability. In post 4.0 barrier should be used to prevent damage taken, not when you are at 1%. Barrier early and you don't need corrupted barrier. Barrier the stunlock before you get chunked for 60% of your health.

You're correct about how to use barrier, but that doesn't negate the positive impact of corrupted barrier, which is still a very good utility. The healing from bubbles, and the healing after barrier is still invaluable.

Also worth mentioning that stun bubble is a really "beginner level" utility. It's good if you're not good at kiting. But kiting should be the preferred way to stay alive, especially when sorcs have infinite roots with elemental convection. The fact of the matter is 1) stun bubble fills resolve. That's not always a good thing, especially in higher level fights where white barring someone matters. 2) stun bubble is easy to play around. namely all u have to do is pew pew a little from range to pop it. 3) if players aren't on you then it has no effect unless you walk into the fight to click it off, which is dumb because you give up a positional advantage for a negligible stun. some sorcs love to do this. i have millions of clips of them getting demolished because they do do it.

This is naive, and the part where your lack of experience in 6.0 is showing. The best counters to sorc are all melee, sins, ops and maras. In the past, stun bubbles weren't as necessary against mercs and snipers, and ops that just tickle you. Now, you can't easily kite multiple maras with predation and ops with double roll, and being opened on by sins often forces an early phasewalk, which nothing could cause in 5.x. Stun bubbles ameliorate all of those problems a lot. In the heat of chasing, even good players can't always pop it from range. I played without bubble stun for the first few weeks of the season, and then decided to start using it. It has helped me win games that I otherwise would not have won.

While I haven't played nearly as many games as you on my sorc yet, its not that hard to identify that kiting has not changed. It's still the same. Good players know how to kite and abuse other players for it. No I don't just mean run away like a headless chicken, but actually kite. The meta may have changed, but sorc is still the same as it has since the start.

Playing sorc now is very different from playing sorc in the last few seasons. The meta being different requires you to play differently. You're just theorycrafting and extrapolating from past experiences, which aren't relevant. If you really know sorc so well, then why haven't you played your sorc? Why have you only played your op? These questions are rhetorical by the way.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

You're correct about how to use barrier, but that doesn't negate the positive impact of corrupted barrier, which is still a very good utility. The healing from bubbles, and the healing after barrier is still invaluable.

Dude what are you talking about? It's like a 30% heal after barrier, and a 3k heal while until its popped a instant later.

Literally the first rando that I found on youtube demonstrates how much healing you actually get from it.

This is naive, and the part where your lack of experience in 6.0 is showing. The best counters to sorc are all melee, sins, ops and maras. In the past, stun bubbles weren't as necessary against mercs and snipers, and ops that just tickle you. Now, you can't easily kite multiple maras with predation and ops with double roll, and being opened on by sins often forces an early phasewalk, which nothing could cause in 5.x.

LMFAO the met hasn't changed. In 4.0 it was PTs. In 5.0 it was maras. Now in 6.0 it is oper,sin, mara. You believe things have changed because you didn't play back then, but it is still the same. In all these eras, burst melee can rip your head off.

I've played sorc is this meta. I know how fast operatives sins and maras blow up a sorc. It's not different from before.

But I also know that gathering storm gives a 100% speed increase on polarity. I also know that predation is a group defensive that, if your mara is good, uses for you. I also know that elemental convection gives you infinite roots and then slows.

Playing sorc now is very different from playing sorc in the last few seasons. The meta being different requires you to play differently. You're just theorycrafting and extrapolating from past experiences, which aren't relevant. If you really know sorc so well, then why haven't you played your sorc? Why have you only played your op? These questions are rhetorical by the way.

The only difference between this meta and the last is that your offheals don't heal you nearly as much as they did before. But again it means that you have to kite the damage before you take it, not after. Kiting has always been the defining factor between great sorcs and good sorcs. Just look at the difference between ezmode and shekshas. Nothing has changed in players' ability to kite. Some can, and others can't. In my experience, sorcs like to pretend kiting isn't as strong as it is. No matter what expansion, what the meta is. They like to figure that their DR, stuns, and passive heals are all they need.

Edited by septru

Dude what are you talking about? It's like a 30% heal after barrier, and a 3k heal while until its popped a instant later.

Literally the first rando that I found on youtube demonstrates how much healing you actually get from it.

The exact percentage isn't important. Sorcs that don't take corrupted barrier often die instantly in a hardstun after barrier is over. Corrupted barrier lets you get away and keep kiting. And the passive heals whenever bubbles are on you is not negligible either. Plenty of very good sorcs use it.

LMFAO the met hasn't changed. In 4.0 it was PTs. In 5.0 it was maras. Now in 6.0 it is oper,sin, mara. You believe things have changed because you didn't play back then, but it is still the same. In all these eras, burst melee can rip your head off.

I've played sorc is this meta. I know how fast operatives sins and maras blow up a sorc. It's not different from before

I didn't play in 4.0, that's true, but I played throughout seasons 10 and 11, and it is much different from those seasons. Mara damage then wasn't at all comparable to sin and op damage in 6.0. I could easily eat multiple hardstuns and not die, now I often have to phase instantly or take obscene amounts of damage. That's just the reality.

The only difference between this meta and the last is that your offheals don't heal you nearly as much as they did before. But again it means that you have to kite the damage before you take it, not after. Kiting has always been the defining factor between great sorcs and good sorcs. Just look at the difference between ezmode and shekshas. Nothing has changed in players' ability to kite. Some can, and others can't. In my experience, sorcs like to pretend kiting isn't as strong as it is. No matter what expansion, what the meta is. They like to figure that their DR, stuns, and passive heals are all they need.

This is only true to a point. There are plenty of sorcs that kite nonstop and are terrible because they don't know when to actually do damage and chase targets, even if it means taking damage themselves. And it certainly doesn't make emersion a better utility than corrupted barrier or unnatural vigor.

That being said, I certainly have room to improve at kiting, among other things, no question.

If your posts were grounded in actual experience, playing and succeeding in 6.0, they would carry a lot more weight, but it's essentially still just theorycrafting and harping back to the past.

Edited by JediMasterAlex