How many new expansions to come?

Domentzia

Hey there

I'm back to the game after a three years break. With high motivation.

The 2 last expansions look amazing. But do you think that new ones will be released in the future? What kind of future do you see (or foresee) for the game? New expansions?

Thanks for sharing your views, opinions and comments on the suject, and have a nice weekend all!

Regards,

Δομεντζια

Oh no, please don't open this box! I already feel the ground shaking from the "this game is dead and servers will shut down anyday now" army...

To answer your question: Noone knows, as long as the game is making decent money Bioware will provide (some) content. But don't expect anything big like 3.0 or 4.0. I think we will get content like "Jedi under siege" once a year if we get lucky.

Hey there

The 2 last expansions look amazing. But do you think that new ones will be released in the future? What kind of future do you see (or foresee) for the game? New expansions?

Thanks for sharing your views, opinions and comments on the suject, and have a nice weekend all!

Regards,

Δομεντζια

I am gonna make it short and percise.

First we had an expansion that had 9 story chapters with 7 more added later over the course of time.

Then we had an expansion that had just 9 story chapters and some fp and daily zones added later.

Now we have an expansion that has no story chapters, 1 daily zone, 1 fp, 1 op and 2 short quest chains.

I am sure you are quite capable of coming up with your own conclusions about the future of the game from all that.

But in my honest opinion -

We are so screwed.

Edited by Gelious

I no longer care. I will only begin caring if they undo some outrageously despicable "features" (that were done deliberately even though a lot of people are pissed out the wazoo).

No, there's no reason to think the game is dead and will shut down any day. It probably won't. I just don't care anymore. And why am I posting if I have to be a subscriber to post? These are among my last words. Eight days from today I won't be able to post. And I don't care about that, either.

This game might not be dead, but it's done some things that I won't pay to support it until what's done, is undone. And since they probably won't be undone, I expect to miss the next expac, and the one after that, and the one after that.

I understand and respect all your points,

but having a patch or even a small expansion from time to time is all we need, right?

I came back to the game after a three years break, and when I compare TOR 2016 to TOR 2019 I see HUGE improvements! really.

I've played mainly all other so called AAA MMO's of the market and with all what I've seen, I'd easily put TOR into the top 3.

If they continue to make us at least "something", I think we can be happy.

(my last MMO was WoW, and I went from a crappy expansion to another even more crappier expansion, and the up to come expansion looks even more crappier. Go figure!)

We want an MMO, right? with a SW theme. Guess we wont have to look further, we're in it.

Edited by Domentzia

I understand and respect all your points,

but having a patch or even a small expansion from time to time is all we need, right?

I came back to the game after a three years break, and when I compare TOR 2016 to TOR 2019 I see HUGE improvements! really.

I've played mainly all other so called AAA MMO's of the market and with all what I've seen, I'd easily put TOR into the top 3.

If they continue to make us at least "something", I think we can be happy.

(my last MMO was WoW, and I went from a crappy expansion to another even more crappier expansion, and the up to come expansion looks even more crappier. Go figure!)

We want an MMO, right? with a SW theme. Guess we wont have to look further, we're in it.

I mean, he is being misleading when he says no story chapters, they didn't use the chapter system they used in the last 2 expansions, and are doing it the way they did earlier expansions, so there is still story to play through with this expansion.

Edited by Jesira

I mean, he is being misleading when he says no story chapters, they didn't use the chapter system they used in the last 2 expansions, and are doing it the way they did earlier expansions, so there is still story to play through with this expansion.

That doesnt really change anything. We get 2 quest chains of story quests. Roughly equivalent of 1 chapter. 2 chapters if you are feeling generous.

My point was the farther we go, the less we get.

So, you posted a thread to ask a question, which you didn't get an answer to, and then try to teach us all a beautiful lesson about how awesome SWTOR is...

This isn't a paid promotion at all... :rolleyes:

No it isnt, I just explained my last 3 years in the MMO world.

In all honesty.

I am gonna make it short and percise.

First we had an expansion that had 9 story chapters with 7 more added later over the course of time.

Then we had an expansion that had just 9 story chapters and some fp and daily zones added later.

Now we have an expansion that has no story chapters, 1 daily zone, 1 fp, 1 op and 2 short quest chains.

I am sure you are quite capable of coming up with your own conclusions about the future of the game from all that.

But in my honest opinion -

We are so screwed.

That's not entirely true/accurate.

The first expansion we got was Rise of The Hutt Cartel, which was a small expansion, then Shadow of Revan which was larger, then it goes onwards to what you described, but the expansions didn't start big & then get smaller like you're saying. It started small, they got bigger in the middle, & then small again.

SWTOR's expansion pack trajectory is uneven & not a straight downward line the way you're making it out to be.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Hey there

Regards,

Δομεντζια

I'll be very precise with my opinions on this subject. At the end of the Onslaught story I think it is made obvious they want to end the story in the not so distant future. I say we get one more expansion, but it will a big one though, and that will be released in about 18 months. If were lucky we might get a few flashpoints leading up to it. After that the game will go into maintenance mode and ultimately shut down in late 2021 or early 2022

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

Ok, here are the facts.

EA said they were happy with the game.

The devs delivered an xpac cause the fans were clear they wanted them rather than just regular patches.

EA's Star Wars license has another 4 years on it still.

So, as long as the game continues to do well, it should continue for another 4 years at least. That pretty much motivates one more expansion at least.