You ask wrong questions at the 'unsubscribe' poll, BW

jstankaroslo

I unsubscribed because the Onslaught story was meh.

And Onderon and Mek-sha are graphically too demanding for my laptop.

At the unsubscribe poll I chose the option that story was not to my liking. The website gave me a hint: 'try another class story, maybe you'll like it better.' :rak_01:

Well guess what: I LOVE the class stories, the new one is meh. I'm half way through republic one and Onderon was really poor. Just landed on Mek-Sha and have really low frame rate, so will probably not enjoy it. I understand the game needs to improve its graphics, and people need better visuals in new content, but for me it is a problem to the extent of probably not trying out Mek-Sha storyline. Not that I was dying to see what hapens next anyway.

Also I have no interest in this new gearing, I don't even understand how it works, but that don't matter, I'll just play preferred, which will not gear me up, but I'll still have access to all the stories, Including these new ones, if I'll have a mood to try it out again

Edited by jstankaroslo

I unsubscribed because the Onslaught story was meh.

And Onderon and Mek-sha are graphically too demanding for my laptop.

At the unsubscribe poll I chose the option that story was not to my liking. The website gave me a hint: 'try another class story, maybe you'll like it better.' :rak_01:

Well guess what: I LOVE the class stories, the new one is meh. I'm half way through republic one and Onderon was really poor. Just landed on Mek-Sha and have really low frame rate, so will probably not enjoy it. I understand the game needs to improve its graphics, and people need better visuals in new content, but for me it is a problem to the extent of probably not trying out Mek-Sha storyline. Not that I was dying to see what hapens next anyway.

Also I have no interest in this new gearing, I don't even understand how it works, but that don't matter, I'll just play preferred, which will not gear me up, but I'll still have access to all the stories, Including these new ones, if I'll have a mood to try it out again

So you blame Bioware for your lack of hardare? Really? :rolleyes:

If you have not already tried it, setting shadows to "low" made a huge difference for me. Every now and then I'll still encounter some minor stuttering, but it's much more playable than it was when I had shadows set to "high."

I have pretty good hardware, but some areas are rendered as unreasonably dark. Mek-Sha is one of them. I have a good framerate, it's just pretty friggin' dark. I don't know what setting would help illuminate it. I have gamma set to maximum, enough that my monitor is unreasonably BRIGHT when the game isn't running.

So you blame Bioware for your lack of hardare? Really? :rolleyes:

Nah, its more of a nail to the coffin really. I mean I could adjust my settings, probably, to run smoother on Onderon and Mek-Sha, but as I play also the class stories, that would mean adjusting the graphics again when visiting Alderaan or Voss which run smooth and fine on my present settings, and have been for years. I'd do that IF the game play and story was cool with Onslaught, but sadly it is not.

Ok, maybe I'm not being fair just after Republic Onderon, but it was poor. I mean, this felt like another generic story, where I had to:

1. go to the tunnels to defeat saboteurs. It is something that good commando squad could easily do, no need to call the best of the best and their side kick to two-man kill a dozen of generic droids

2. sneak into a "hunting lodge" to kill some generic mobs and witness the repeat of Alderaan -stupid, weak minded King and a Sith manipulating him.

2a) have a convo with savages

3. Go into a mine, kill a dozen henchmen and duel with Big Bad Sith.

The duel was fine, as I dismissed my companion to make it more epic, but all of this feels like: I did it before. On Alderaan, or wherever else before.

I realized that all of this is a situation when I just make new character in Skyrim, rather then role play World Savior fetch a cup for random NPC. This just does not feel right, my characters would rather retire or run the alliance than resolve some petty conflicts on backwater planets. Not only we've become too powerful and important, but we did those things before when we were young and aspiring. This just don't feel like a "new cool job".

And the game play: I do not understand my stats anymore, I'm scaled up or down to the point my stats don't matter? Got new gear with each story bit and it just doesn't seem like it make any difference. I remember when back in a day the gear made huge difference to the point of being able to progress the story. Now it seems irrelevant.

If you add to it bad rig performance, its just a game I do not want to play anymore.

1. Meh story

2. Meh game play

3. No rpg level up/upgrade your gear element

4. too hardware demanding/bad performance

It is sad that all the work put into the new stuff in game is so unsatisfactory. I still love the vanilla SWTOR. The new one? No, its just meh.

If you have not already tried it, setting shadows to "low" made a huge difference for me. Every now and then I'll still encounter some minor stuttering, but it's much more playable than it was when I had shadows set to "high."

I turn off shadows and grass. They're such a non-priority for me.