remove credits limit for free to play and Preferred players.

Spikanor

It costs money to run this game, so any F2P or Preferred player are basically making use of a service they don't pay for, but costs money to maintain it. It's absolutely, 100% fair that they have restrictions and limits on playing the game. If they want to have full access to everything, including higher credit caps, then they simply have to sub, period.

Think about it this way: you're going to a restaurant, order a three course meal and expect to walk out without having to pay for any of it. Does that make sense to you?

Another example: you go to the grocery store, buy all the things you need and expect to be able to leave with your shopping cart filled to the brim without having to pay for it. Does that make sense to you?

This game is a product and offers services that need to be maintained. That maintenance happens by asking the users of the product to pay money through a subscription. The fact that there is a F2P or Preferred option, already is a really big, generous gesture, that you can basically make freely use of the product, but only up to a point. And those restrictions and limits are completely fair, if you consider that you get to play this game for free already if you want to.

As you can see from the responses here, people aren't supportive of this idea and it's only logical that we aren't. If you want to have full access to all the game's aspect, you simply have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay for using the game, you have to be content with the already generous gesture of being able to play the game as a F2P or Preferred player.

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlimited Credits is one of the major reasons to subscribe. The other major reasons are for access to operations, and unlimited access to PvP.

It is very important to keep this restriction in the game for F2P. If you want to have no limit, you can spend the $15 a month, which is minimal.

People spend that for a 2 hour movie in many places, or on junk food, or fast food. The monthly sub for any MMO is well worth it if you even play one night a week for 2-3 hours. Many forms of Entertainment will cost much more $ for a couple of hours of entertainment. Let's say you play 4 hours a week, you would only be paying just under $1 per hour of entertainment per month. This is a very cheap form of entertainment.

Edited by Toraak

It costs money to run this game, so any F2P or Preferred player are basically making use of a service they don't pay for, but costs money to maintain it. It's absolutely, 100% fair that they have restrictions and limits on playing the game. If they want to have full access to everything, including higher credit caps, then they simply have to sub, period.

Think about it this way: you're going to a restaurant, order a three course meal and expect to walk out without having to pay for any of it. Does that make sense to you?

Another example: you go to the grocery store, buy all the things you need and expect to be able to leave with your shopping cart filled to the brim without having to pay for it. Does that make sense to you?

This game is a product and offers services that need to be maintained. That maintenance happens by asking the users of the product to pay money through a subscription. The fact that there is a F2P or Preferred option, already is a really big, generous gesture, that you can basically make freely use of the product, but only up to a point. And those restrictions and limits are completely fair, if you consider that you get to play this game for free already if you want to.

As you can see from the responses here, people aren't supportive of this idea and it's only logical that we aren't. If you want to have full access to all the game's aspect, you simply have to pay for it. If you don't want to pay for using the game, you have to be content with the already generous gesture of being able to play the game as a F2P or Preferred player.

i know it cost money to run this game but then explane me this why are other online game's that are much and much older still runing by this day since there nerf the exp for a free to play player hard.

and the only by getting good exp and level up faster is with memberships there over with extra exp bonus.

let me tell you this also:

4 years ago was the last time i have play this game then the comunety was big but now its low and really low.

same go's for the exp 2 weeks ago i have make a new char without sub 2 weeks later its max level all with only doing the main story quest's and the side quest's and some heroic's my max lvl char is at the start off chapter 3 still my older char from 4 years ago is 50 he has compleet chapter 3 all.

done with my old char the same things main story,all the side quest's all the bonus quest's lot off heroic's and he was sub and still its lvl 50.

and you all forget 1 big thing this game needs free to play players without free to play players this game will not run for long more since there are not coming new players more to play it then if there not can play it for free and see if there like it or not and to lure new players you need to give then sometime's good benefit's not to big and not to small.

and a credits limit is one off the things that needs a big chance.

and the wold is changing same with the game's what first works good is not gone keep working for ever and sometime's big chance's are need to lure new players and boost the player base from the game.

and the main part is its EA game there have all a lot off money then is something like runing this game with getting less money from this game almost notting for a company like EA

i know it cost money to run this game but then explane me this why are other online game's that are much and much older still runing by this day since there nerf the exp for a free to play player hard.

and the only by getting good exp and level up faster is with memberships there over with extra exp bonus.

let me tell you this also:

4 years ago was the last time i have play this game then the comunety was big but now its low and really low.

same go's for the exp 2 weeks ago i have make a new char without sub 2 weeks later its max level all with only doing the main story quest's and the side quest's and some heroic's my max lvl char is at the start off chapter 3 still my older char from 4 years ago is 50 he has compleet chapter 3 all.

done with my old char the same things main story,all the side quest's all the bonus quest's lot off heroic's and he was sub and still its lvl 50.

and you all forget 1 big thing this game needs free to play players without free to play players this game will not run for long more since there are not coming new players more to play it then if there not can play it for free and see if there like it or not and to lure new players you need to give then sometime's good benefit's not to big and not to small.

and a credits limit is one off the things that needs a big chance.

and the wold is changing same with the game's what first works good is not gone keep working for ever and sometime's big chance's are need to lure new players and boost the player base from the game.

and the main part is its EA game there have all a lot off money then is something like runing this game with getting less money from this game almost notting for a company like EA

I am not going to argue with you anymore, you keep defending something that we have all tried to show you will not and should not work, and yet you persist. It's not going to happen, the credit cap is not going to be removed, it simply will not happen. So please, as much as you want it to happen, don't hold your hopes up because Bioware will never remove the credit cap.

the only reason i have read and fond is the reason there have add a credit limit was becurse off the that sub players sell cartal market items on the GTN to make credits thats the only reason and that problem can bioware easy fix in a update.

from chance all the cartal market items to Legacy bound then there can remove the credits limit from free to play players and preferred players since there need to use real money to get something unlock or to get something like adeptive armor and weapon if there wane have it there most use real money for it and thats something that bioware have told 7 years ago in a intervie.

Get a 2 months subscription .... That is not expensive. There are reasons why f2p is limited. The company wants to make money. Rejoice that there is even a f2p mode. For preferred one could increase the limit to 10 million.

then i have a question for you and others that think the same like you.

my question to you guys:

if the comunety is becoming small that players are quiting this game then the company is losing money and if there are no new players coming then the game will shut down for good since the comunety is small and the company is losing lot off money.

then i have a question for you and others that think the same like you.

my question to you guys:

if the comunety is becoming small that players are quiting this game then the company is losing money and if there are no new players coming then the game will shut down for good since the comunety is small and the company is losing lot off money.

1. The community is not small.

2. The game is not losing players, recent weeks have proven that the amount of players is increasing.

3. The company is not losing money, they have actually released an article that they are very happy with the income SWTOR is generating.

4. SWTOR is nowhere near shutdown and won't be for years to come.

You defend an already flawed suggestion with even more flawed arguments.

As someone who got made redundant and couldn't sub (Until last year) the difference in perks is massive.

I found it a waste of time to be a preferred player, money cap and no level progression after 70

(At the time.)

But I know how subs work.

Just like anything in life you get what you pay for.

You don't pay, you get less.

Way of the world i'm afraid.

I missed out on content because I wasn't subbed and I'm ok with that.

Wasn't anything I could do at the time.

I guess my point is, if you want the perks... a small sub is worth it.

My opinion, feel free to disagree.

I won't argue with you.

most things sub players get are buyable in the cartal market to unlock for a preferred player.

this are the items preferred players can buy all from the central market without buying sub for it to get it.

guild bank access, customization control: unify colers,additional quickbar,crew skill slot,customization control: display character titles,customization control: hide dead slot,customization control: display legacy name and titles,authorization: artifact equipment,authorization: crew member appearance,additional character slot.

thats a lot off cartal coins there need to spent to unlock all that and it will cost a lot more if there wane unlock it on account base to thats more cartal coins it cost for preferred players.

to unlock all that for 1 char it cost: 3,970 cartal coins i take's to unlock all that for 1 char.

3,970 cartal coins is 32.80 euro you spent for 1 char to unlock all things you get for free for a sub base.

for account base you spent for some stuff think twice so much as for a singel char base that is still a lot off money there get.

and what preferred players not can unlock is something like rise the credits max limit item that is something missing then like from a item account base 200 cartal coins you get 2 mill extra cradits limit that means for a preferred player you have then now 3 mill credits as max limit and it can become only more with each 2 mill if there buy it from the cartal market.

for me i see 2 options bioware can do.

option 1: rise the credit limit for preferred players from 1 mill to 10 mill.

or option 2: add a item in the cartal market for fair low price that preferred players can increse there max credit limits by 2 mill each time that works for all chars on the same account more legacy base.

most things sub players get are buyable in the cartal market to unlock for a preferred player.

this are the items preferred players can buy all from the central market without buying sub for it to get it.

guild bank access, customization control: unify colers,additional quickbar,crew skill slot,customization control: display character titles,customization control: hide dead slot,customization control: display legacy name and titles,authorization: artifact equipment,authorization: crew member appearance,additional character slot.

thats a lot off cartal coins there need to spent to unlock all that and it will cost a lot more if there wane unlock it on account base to thats more cartal coins it cost for preferred players.

to unlock all that for 1 char it cost: 3,970 cartal coins i take's to unlock all that for 1 char.

3,970 cartal coins is 32.80 euro you spent for 1 char to unlock all things you get for free for a sub base.

for account base you spent for some stuff think twice so much as for a singel char base that is still a lot off money there get.

and what preferred players not can unlock is something like rise the credits max limit item that is something missing then like from a item account base 200 cartal coins you get 2 mill extra cradits limit that means for a preferred player you have then now 3 mill credits as max limit and it can become only more with each 2 mill if there buy it from the cartal market.

or option 2: add a item in the cartal market for fair low price that preferred players can increse there max credit limits by 2 mill each time that works for all chars on the same account more legacy base.

If your a preferred player (most of them it's do to a subscription at some point). Buy the account unlocks from the GTN during your sub.

Pay for the game you want to play, stop asking for a free handout. Unlimited credits is one of the best reasons to sub and should NEVER be given to non subscribers.

Edited by Toraak

Pay for the game you want to play, stop asking for a free handout. Unlimited credits is one of the best reasons to sub and should NEVER be given to non subscribers.

This is the only suitable response to this thread, I feel.

Edited by Ylliarus

If your a preferred player (most of them it's do to a subscription at some point). Buy the account unlocks from the GTN during your sub.

thats the main problem now.

the players that are selling then on the GTN are gold sellers and bioware hate's gold sellers thats the main reason preferred and free to play players have this stupid credit limit thanks to then for selling Cartel market items on the GTN for credits there are to lazy to get there credits a other way like selling other stuff like craft materials or other stuff or do missions to earn it.

thats the main problem from the credit limit and who are selling then the most that are the sub players.

and where i stand for is that sub players most never sell cartal market items on the GTN that the preferred and free to play players get there unlimet credits limit what normal is in a free to play game.

Edited by Spikanor

For the same money you can get a 2 month subscription and have almost everything free.

was forgeting to add this interview that is almost 7 years old by the developers off this game.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/16/swtor-f2p-future-content-interview-with-damion-schubert/

was done in 16 november 2012.

if you look on question 13: Are there any plans in the future to increase the credit cap for preferred status players via a purchase in the cartel market?

and there respone: We are investigating, and considering this. The credit cap limitations are put in place to prevent free and preferred accounts from being abused by Credit Farmers We will adjust these limitations based on how pervasive an issue they turn out to be. We know a substantial portion of our population will be free and preferred, and we will work to tweak their experience to find the best balance between giving them a positive gameplay experience, while protecting our in-game community and economy from unscrupulous elements.

bioware can stop the cradit farmers easy by chance the cartal market items to legacy bound that nobody can sell then more on the GTN to preferred and free to play players.

and by the way to buy a item like extra quickslots on the GTN is the price 3mill credits and higher on the GTN there are also items like cargo bay and guild bank unlock that are selling for 14 mill

Edited by Spikanor

Again, preferred players should NOT be treated exactly the same as F2P, which they currently are.

I agree with this.

The credit limit for Prefered should be higher than it is for F2P.

And i think subbing for X amount of time should also raise the credit limit by a ceartain amount of credits, like 500K or 1M more for every month the player has been a sub.

Again, preferred players should NOT be treated exactly the same as F2P, which they currently are.

i agree with it.

now is the case you can better play for free then become preferred since it make's no diffrend like it was before.

and that most chance that preferred status most get a higher credits limit then a free to play player and not be treated the same like there have done now.

I agree with this.

The credit limit for Prefered should be higher than it is for F2P.

And i think subbing for X amount of time should also raise the credit limit by a ceartain amount of credits, like 500K or 1M more for every month the player has been a sub.

do you mean more it most work more like this?

if i buy now a 60 day's sub and after my 60 day's as sub is done and i become preferred player again i get a item then that unlocks automatic for my account 2 mill more extra credits limit that i have now a 3 mill credit limit as a small reward for becoming sub the 2 month's?

and if in wane have more credits limit i need to pay for sub first to increse later my credit max limit again.

if it most work like that then its a good idea and its fair also.

[heavy sigh] To the people still replying and keeping this useless thread alive:

Fans and detractors alike I'm sure remember a dude named MadCuzBad and his happy band of forum-posting alts. He behaved the same way as Spikanor here, never letting his varied campaigns die despite how many voices chimed in otherwise.

As with MadCuzBad's threads, time spent replying to Spikanor's incessant and baseless suggestion is time wasted.

The only blessed difference is at least Spikanor doesn't engage in personal attacks from what I bothered to read up to the point I stopped replying to his posts myself.

Totally your choice folks, continue to joust this windmill at your leisure, but you're still wasting your time. This conversation will remain circular and unresolved up to and including the day the servers go dark.

At this point, with several posts from other players in this thread expressing their opinion, it's not like letting Spikanor get the last word in means EA will suddenly jump to do what he wants.

Have fun.

Edited by xordevoreaux

[heavy sigh] To the people still replying and keeping this useless thread alive:

Fans and detractors alike I'm sure remember a dude named MadCuzBad and his happy band of forum-posting alts. He behaved the same way as Spikanor here, never letting his varied campaigns die despite how many voices chimed in otherwise.

As with MadCuzBad's threads, time spent replying to Spikanor's incessant and baseless suggestion is time wasted.

The only blessed difference is at least Spikanor doesn't engage in personal attacks from what I bothered to read up to the point I stopped replying to his posts myself.

Totally your choice folks, continue to joust this windmill at your leisure, but you're still wasting your time. This conversation will remain circular and unresolved up to and including the day the servers go dark.

At this point, with several posts from other players in this thread expressing their opinion, it's not like letting Spikanor get the last word in means EA will suddenly jump to do what he wants.

Have fun.

i not know about you but i have done some reasearch about the credit limit and where it was meant for.

and the reason there was a credit limit was to stop sub players for selling cartal market items on the GTN that preferred and free to play players need to have to unlock without spenting real money in the game and buy it from the cartal market and thats the problem.

and since there have give preferred status players the same crap credits limit as a free to play player thats something stupid from then to do and some preferred players are not happy about it that there credit status is the same as a free to play player.

and what is now wrong with making all cratal market items now account bind or char binding that you cant sell then on the GTN more.

then you not have any gold sellers more in the game and preferred and free to play players can have unlimid credits also since the main problem for it is then fix.

and if other things also not helping some have suggest sure i not care since i know all that the chance's that it will happing is low since its a EA game then your chance's off this type things are much and much lower rate to be happing.

since EA is one off the blood hound company's that only care's about making more and more money and not care about there comunety from there game's and i know this since EA is not the only blood hound that is using this way lot other big company's are doing it also like acitivision.

I don't see a problem with this. We all know what's actually keeping the game alive is the Cartel Market which has both preferred and subs users spending in it.

and you also know that what works fine in the past needs to chance also with its time.

in the past lootboxen in game's are normal but now it has chance hard and its forbidden in lot off country's to have loodboxen in game's.

same go's with all things what in the past works fine is not allways working good in the future the same way and to survive with a game you need to chance hard if the new generation wane play your game then things need to chance somethime's hard like chancing the belance between sub preferred and free to play status's and sometime's the chance's are not fine but to survive you most do it.