Getting Slaughtered - Chapter IV Where Dreams Die

pchiman

Well I never had any troubles there, but then again I never tried it with Sorc or Sage (I am assuming that's sorc abilities I am seeing, haven't played my Sorc for awhile)

I think all the other companions besides Vette are supposed to help you in this fight. My adice would be let them aggro most of the enemies and only fight one small portion of enemies, then other.

In other words, dont spam Force Lightning everywhere at once:D

Edited by Gelious

Well I never had any troubles there, but then again I never tried it with Sorc or Sage (I am assuming that's sorc abilities I am seeing, haven't played my Sorc for awhile)

I think all the other companions besides Vette are supposed to help you in this fight. My adice would be let them aggro most of the enemies and only fight one small portion of enemies, then other.

I believe the KotFE and KotET chapters have been severely unbalanced since the update with some being impossible to complete.

^^ This ^^

Try going out the door and moving into the outer courtyard … on the other side of the monument (IIRC) … then pick off the enemies as they approach you ! Much easier that way !

;)

They kept on dying... and while they were helping it was not enough or they were doing much less damage than before, the enemies still attacked mostly me and with all those attacks poisoned physical (periodic damages 10 seconds) I was unable to heal myself enough to survive.

Edited by pchiman

I believe the KotFE and KotET chapters have been severely unbalanced since the update with some being impossible to complete.

My Knight had no troubles whatsoever, I run the entire KoTFE+KOTET after 6.0, Vigilance spec, comp set to heal.

They kept on dying... and while they were helping it was not enough or they were doing much less damage than before, the enemies still attacked mostly me and with all those attacks poisoned physical (periodic damages 10 seconds) I was unable to heal myself enough to survive.

OP, buy some medpacks, set Vette to heal, try again.

Edited by Gelious

Companions are better at healing than anything else. I don't run with companions in anything except heal mode, yes, even on my healer characters.

This highlights a pretty bad issue concerning companion balancing being left up to scaling and terribly infrequent balance passes. There was a time when tank companions were disgustingly good at dps as well, DPS companions shreded as fast as you did (Shae being bugged all of a year or more was a good reminder) and healing companions were serviceable to run in any content provided you geared them well. Now we lack for variety in skills, all come in heal stance by default and BW chose to nerf healing rather than cranking up the other 2's kits.

On topic though, this chapter on Master Mode was the end of me doing Master Mode long ago. I'm not surprised that even with the other characters helping that the enemy burn through you. There's some decent advice in this thread though.

My Knight had no troubles whatsoever, I run the entire KoTFE+KOTET after 6.0, Vigilance spec, comp set to heal.

OP, buy some medpacks, set Vette to heal, try again.

I've read a lot of complaints about people being 1 shot killed by Iokath droids since the update. Maybe they fixed it or maybe it's a glitch that isn't triggered for everyone? Either way it's a repeated complaint

This highlights a pretty bad issue concerning companion balancing being left up to scaling and terribly infrequent balance passes. There was a time when tank companions were disgustingly good at dps as well, DPS companions shreded as fast as you did (Shae being bugged all of a year or more was a good reminder) and healing companions were serviceable to run in any content provided you geared them well. Now we lack for variety in skills, all come in heal stance by default and BW chose to nerf healing rather than cranking up the other 2's kits.

On topic though, this chapter on Master Mode was the end of me doing Master Mode long ago. I'm not surprised that even with the other characters helping that the enemy burn through you. There's some decent advice in this thread though.

I do agree - At rank 50, a healer comp heals better than my Consular unless I'm actually actively working and paying attention.