How do you gear up at level 70? (And Makeb's space station Command Tier 1 vendors)

ytrenor

As someone said somewhere, there is now a huge gap between level 65-66 and level 75 ?

So, how do we gear up in between ? Without paying a fortune on GTN for crafted gear.

Also, I was on Makeb's space station earlier and noticed that this place still has the Command Tier 1 vendors (for a level 55 planet...), but require some special currency. Couldn't find anything in latest patch notes about this. So how do we get that currency ? Shouldn't it be just simple credits ?

As someone said somewhere, there is now a huge gap between level 65-66 and level 75 ?

So, how do we gear up in between ? Without paying a fortune on GTN for crafted gear.

Also, I was on Makeb's space station earlier and noticed that this place still has the Command Tier 1 vendors (for a level 55 planet...), but require some special currency. Couldn't find anything in latest patch notes about this. So how do we get that currency ? Shouldn't it be just simple credits ?

It should be credits. What’s the currency they are asking for?

Em, the same way as always? You go to the fleet Supply Section and buy mods appropriate for your level. They added level 70 mod vendor. Then, for the remaining 5 levels you just run Tacticals which starting from level 70 are dropping random gear from Ossus.

I really don't see the problem here. Gearing up is not difficult at all. Content rewards will easily take you through 70 and then you can do the prep mission that will reward you with 232 level gear. That level of gear will then take you through the new storyline which leaves you with 268 gear and from there just about all activities will earn you gear up to the current max. For the first time even solo players can achieve top level gear, where is the problem?

I remember the patch notes said the same thing about Ossus gear. The Ossus stuff still requires Masterwork crystals when I checked a week ago. I don't think they've overhauled the old planetary vendors yet.

Just play the game

flashpoints

raids

A LOT OF THEM

The implication of your so called answer is to grind XP until we reach level 75. This is NOT about maxing up level. Read the question, or avoid clicking Reply. Forums basics. Thanks anyway.

My game client is in French, so hopefully my translation is correct : "acknowledgement of debt" (in short IOU).

I didn't pay attention the previous times I came on Makeb, so I don't know if it was always this currency.

You get a full set of Ilvl 268 gear simply by completing the Onslaught storyline.

The fastest way to gear is to get to Onslaught and do the story. Doing so will get you to 75 and Ilvl 268 gear.

Dasty

Thanks, but the implication of your answer is to skip any storyline when we reach 70 and start Onslaught. No fun. But thanks.

If you are level capped at 70, best source of gear is solo / tactical FPs as they drop 252 / 258 items.

The 258 items are actually dropping as bind on equip, so you can also find them on the GTN (though many are posted at seriously high prices).

If not level capped - then as others said, play whatever, use whatever drops, use the mods vendor on Fleet to fill in, but worrying about gear prior to 75 is rather pointless.

Edited by DawnAskham

Thanks, but the implication of your answer is to skip any storyline when we reach 70 and start Onslaught. No fun. But thanks.

Why? Anything up to and including Ossus only needs 230 gear tops. You can do anything before that with it and there are mod vendors up to level 65 I believe.

The implication of your reply is that you are having difficulty completing storyline content at level 70.

Just buy the Ilvl 210 mods with credits on fleet at 65 and the new ones at 70 and you should be fine.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Em, the same way as always? You go to the fleet Supply Section and buy mods appropriate for your level. They added level 70 mod vendor. Then, for the remaining 5 levels you just run Tacticals which starting from level 70 are dropping random gear from Ossus.

Best answer so far, thanks for reading the question.

Thanks for the info about the new level 70 mod vendor on fleet, I didn't notice him as I'm barely going there nowadays. I used to shop at these vendors when I started playing 2 years ago.

Just went at that vendor and I see it is item rating 220, and even though it is green, it seems to have the same stats as the craftable blue level 66 mods (item rating 220 as well). It does not really fill the gap between level 66 and 75, but I guess we have to go with this. Some drops on Ossus are iRating 228 for green, 238 for blue and 246 for very rare purple. Would have been nice for the mods to be 228 considering Ossus drops.

I have a toon starting Makeb storyline at level 70 with item rating of 250, so I'm absolutely NOT complaining for this toon. But it will be my first level 70 alts NOT doing Onslaught since 6.0 launch. Will see if there is any 268 drops from level 71 to 75.

You don't gear up at 70. No content requires more than the mods from the fleet vendor. If you want more than that then that's on you, but those are plenty to get you through KotFE/ET and get you to 75.

Trying to do any sort of gear progression before cap doesn't work in this game because the way you get gear (ie grinding) levels you faster than you get gear. So until cap sticking with fleet mods is the best you can do.

Edited by Trobon

You don't gear up at 70. No content requires more than the mods from the fleet vendor. If you want more than that then that's on you, but those are plenty to get you through KotFE/ET and get you to 75.

Trying to do any sort of gear profession before cap doesn't work in this game because the way you get gear (ie grinding) levels you faster than you get gear. So until cap sticking with fleet mods is the best you can do.

Thanks

Where do you read that ? Need to up your reading skills. Thanks anyway.

One of the more annoying things on forums is when you try to help people, we all give the same answer, and the OP still treats you like garbage.

With respect, your English is equivalent to my French.

"Je parle Francais un petit peu. A'lecole j'etudier. Mais maintenant, j'oublier."

Au revoir,

Dasty

One of the more annoying things on forums is when you try to help people, we all give the same answer, and the OP still treats you like garbage.

With respect, your English is equivalent to my French.

"Je parle Francais un petit peu. A'lecole j'etudier. Mais maintenant, j'oublier."

Au revoir,

Dasty

Translation: WE ALL SAID THE SAME THING. BUY THE MODS ON FLEET.

C'est incroyable,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Best answer so far, thanks for reading the question. Some drops on Ossus are iRating 228 for green, 238 for blue and 246 for very rare purple. Would have been nice for the mods to be 228 considering Ossus drops.

Just to be clear, When I say Veteran FP drop gear from Ossus I mean 252 and 258 that sells for Masterwork Crystals there, not whatever world drops you get from Ossus:D

I am really not sure, if there are any gear in the game that exist between 258 and 268. My guess there is not.

Edited by Gelious

Here, have some wine.

Unless it's a Chateau Margaux 1996, it's not worth my time. Sadly, while Im rich as >>>, even I can't afford the 1959 vintage. Why would a Hutt of my distinction, though, even get out of bed based on your paltry, Garmorrean -stenched offer of some Nar Shaddian nectar? Really?

Dasty

P.S. If you need some help completing the storyline with 210 gear, PM me!

P.P.S. Je voudrais aidez toi! :rak_03:

P.P.P.S.: Wo yao bangzhu ni! :rak_03:

Edited by Jdast

I remember the patch notes said the same thing about Ossus gear. The Ossus stuff still requires Masterwork crystals when I checked a week ago. I don't think they've overhauled the old planetary vendors yet.

Yep, Ossus gear was also supposed to be purchasable with credits. But they either forgot to do it or they never intended too, but told us they were? Are we surprised in this day and age when companies tell us something they are going to do, while they have no intention of doing it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.