Onslaught - The Choice At The Ending

Ylliarus

Only my Jedi Knight and Consular will return. They are Jedi. Return of the Jedi (pun intended) is important to them. They want to rebuild the Order and restore the Temple on Coruscant. My Smuggler is the ruler of a galactic alliance. He has it made. Wealth, power, friendship, love. He's supposed to give up all that to be a Queen's consort again? No way. My Trooper is now the Commander in Chief. Why should he be demoted to Colonel? He could have, to be bound by his Oath as a Republic Soldier, but the Republic broke the Oath through Saresh. Still, they couldn't make him a General and have General Garza's old position? The Republic has not learned the lesson they claim.

As for my Empire characters, they are fully independent individuals who can do whatever the heck they want. They are subordinate to no one. However, they don't like the Empire having a fleet in orbit and a battalion on the ground. The Empire claims they're theirs to command, but they don't trust the situation one bit. Unfortunately, with the Eternal Fleet and Gravestone gone as well as some former Republic contingents returning home they don't have much of a choice. The Empress probably is taking advantage of the Alliance's weakened position, but she has been true to her word. Malgus is the main threat. They don't buy his loyalty at all.

• 1 year later...
All the dialogue still seems to be referring to the people residing on Odessen as the Alliance. The Republic's offer seems truly complicated and that makes it delicious: join as a member world? That means the organization is more or less free to remain as it is with the Commander becoming head of state, essentially.

I've only got this far on my Consular, but the new Chancellor specifically says Odessen will become a full member-world of the Republic, with a Senator. Otherwise, what happens on Odessen is down to Odessen (same as what happens on Onderon is down to the ruler of Onderon etc).

My main is an Inquisitor, and I didn't hesitate for a second to return to my home in the Empire. I must admit, in the cutscenes where I got my Dark Council seat back, and the Darth Nox title, I had all the feels and got a bit choked up lol. I, like the "outlander", had felt like five years of my (swtor) life were taken from me, and now I'm back. That Odessen is to become the Hand Of The Emperor, and a full Imperial Planet proper, is just the icing on the cake. Except... I know Lana said it would take a while to redecorate it in Imperial flags and troops, but I hope it's soon. Coming home after a hard day's Pub slaying to find my base crawling with pubs like "hey, commander, sup?" is very disconcerting. I hope BW manage the Odessen redesign soon. (though I don't know how they are going to do that. make 3 instances? One fully Imperial, one fully Republic, and one Alliance like it is now?)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.