6.0 Deception Assassin PvP Gearing + Utilities guide

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did a couple WZs yesterday, did not find 6.0 shadow is crushing everyone in PvP. Sure, we can hit hard, but we still have the same disadvantages we have had since 5.0.... so many ranged who can keep us very much at bay and kite us.

Classes like sin and op will only be good at tunneling in 4v4's , having to play them on open maps especially hutt balls you will see they are very much useless and they are the designated ball carriers or by the time they open on you . 3 teammates jump on them and they have to run and restealth. The ammount of kiting , cc , stuns and knockbacks plus the elevated range make them not viable at all.

So hf with them in ranked.

Hi Kre’a, I really like your video and it’s provided really good information for deception, at least until the inevitable nerfs. I was wondering what’s the logic for going with alpha strike over armor penetration in the amplifiers.

Hi Kre’a, I really like your video and it’s provided really good information for deception, at least until the inevitable nerfs. I was wondering what’s the logic for going with alpha strike over armor penetration in the amplifiers.

I go for neither of those, I opt for Weapon Expertise. Armor pen was tested and it's just worse DPS than Weapon Expertise.

Damn, so if I’m up to 100k on an amp, I may as well stop or even get another piece to start again (if I have it or it cheaper to get).

This amp slot machine mechanics totally feel like gambling to me.

If your reroll costs are too prohibitive on modifications, just replace them with fresh ones and the reroll cost goes down to 20k again.

If your reroll costs are too expensive on shells (Amplified Champion pieces) grind out 3k more tech frags, buy from the vendor and start rerolling. If it gets too expensive you can sell it back within 2 hours and buy a new piece which will reset that cost as well.

Armor Pen does not affect weapon damage at all, only yellow energy and kinetic. So for deception, Ball Lightning. I have had good success re-rolling for about 10% armor pen when playing with The Awakened Flame. The constant flow of Ball Lightning, less focus on Reaping Strike and the 100% uptime on Awakened Flame makes that Armor Pen noticeable.

Otherwise if you're using tacticals and a style of play that prefers white or internal damage, avoid Armor Pen.

Armor Pen does not affect weapon damage at all, only yellow energy and kinetic. So for deception, Ball Lightning. I have had good success re-rolling for about 10% armor pen when playing with The Awakened Flame. The constant flow of Ball Lightning, less focus on Reaping Strike and the 100% uptime on Awakened Flame makes that Armor Pen noticeable.

Otherwise if you're using tacticals and a style of play that prefers white or internal damage, avoid Armor Pen.

I understand how the armor penetration works, I was more curious why hew was opting for alpha strike, a small damage buff at beginning of combat, over armor penetration which should bump up the damage from ball lightning a bit and possibly increase overall dps. Now I’m wondering how much will armor penetration effect the dot from the awakening the flame tactical.

If your reroll costs are too prohibitive on modifications, just replace them with fresh ones and the reroll cost goes down to 20k again.

If your reroll costs are too expensive on shells (Amplified Champion pieces) grind out 3k more tech frags, buy from the vendor and start rerolling. If it gets too expensive you can sell it back within 2 hours and buy a new piece which will reset that cost as well.

Ah, so you can reroll amps on the amp set and still sell in back in the refund time? That’s good to know. I would have thought that would bind it too you.

I understand how the armor penetration works, I was more curious why hew was opting for alpha strike, a small damage buff at beginning of combat, over armor penetration which should bump up the damage from ball lightning a bit and possibly increase overall dps. Now I’m wondering how much will armor penetration effect the dot from the awakening the flame tactical.

Armor pen does work on white damage, white damage can also be classified as Kinetic or Energy. That being said, I actually recommend Weapon Expertise, but state that you can optionally choose Alpha Strike.

Armor pen does work on white damage, white damage can also be classified as Kinetic or Energy.

Very likely so, however, deception does not have any of that. All deception damage is listed as weapon damage, other than Discharge internal and BL, Spike and Electrocute as energy. I assume Armor Pen will only work on those 3 plus The Awakened Flame tactical since that is energy.

With my current setup, Awakened Flame does ~3k per tick, six times. That's an extra 3k dps if I can keep it up 100%. I'm liking it.

Very likely so, however, deception does not have any of that. All deception damage is listed as weapon damage, other than Discharge internal and BL, Spike and Electrocute as energy. I assume Armor Pen will only work on those 3 plus The Awakened Flame tactical since that is energy.

With my current setup, Awakened Flame does ~3k per tick, six times. That's an extra 3k dps if I can keep it up 100%. I'm liking it.

Correction, tested this last night for a bit more accuracy.

With my setup and some Armor Pen, Awakened Flame hits 4 times over 6 seconds. Each hit varies from ~2600 to about ~4800. It adds about 15-16k damage over 6 seconds which is close to an additional 3k dps, but not quite so high.

If you can keep it at 100% uptime, which does not happen. Still, great tactical.

• 7 months later...
Finding the opener being negated by most players with a half a brain. Any suggestions on an alternative?

same here... some working alternative is needed... also i dont really knowe when to apply which stun..

i spike... do i wait the duration of the stun THEN low slash, or immediatelly after spiking ?

Most of the more experienced players, as the quoted poster mentioned know their ways around this... also damagewise , after the complete opener i have the target down to not even 70%... why not using Maul that can crit (in my highest case>) with 60k and use discharge instead which feels really weak compared to other white damage skills... once a player has sniffed me out where i m going with the opener they turn it around devastating me in seconds... 4v4 especially

same here... some working alternative is needed... also i dont really knowe when to apply which stun..

i spike... do i wait the duration of the stun THEN low slash, or immediatelly after spiking ?

Most of the more experienced players, as the quoted poster mentioned know their ways around this... also damagewise , after the complete opener i have the target down to not even 70%... why not using Maul that can crit (in my highest case>) with 60k and use discharge instead which feels really weak compared to other white damage skills... once a player has sniffed me out where i m going with the opener they turn it around devastating me in seconds... 4v4 especially

That's because Death Knell was nerfed, so you can no longer get 3 Maul Auto crits, instead you only get 1 now. So this nerfed the damage significantly.

• 7 months later...
That's because Death Knell was nerfed, so you can no longer get 3 Maul Auto crits, instead you only get 1 now. So this nerfed the damage significantly.

So I asume that the info in the OP is outdated and we can no longer get targets down to 30% in a openee.

I took a look at the “updated” guide on Vulkks - the one saying it is updated for 6.1.1, and there the rotation is

Stealth->recklessness->spike->low slash->discharge->electrocute->maul

And this opener - it claims - is supposed to get people down to very low hp.

However, that is dedinately not the case. Not sure if I do something wrong, but following that roration only brings them down to about 80%. If I am lucky, 70%.