The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear Grind

iTomCpps

So, is Bioware ultimately trying to lose players?

IN short, the gearing system is absolute disgusting. I dont understand the point of asking players about the gearing system when you all know that it is terrible. 3,000 fragments per gear + individually buying enhancements,mods,armor etc is unrealistic. It's like as if the Developers dont play the game! The amount of fragment you get from PvP,Operations and flashpoints is just simply not enough.

Do as all a favour and just go back to commendations enough of this RNG crap, there is a reason why players played in 1.0,2.0,3.0 and 4.0. Because Gearing wasn't a grind it was balanced and players were not bombarded with new gear sets which are irrelevant and are unnecessary. And how are you supposed to even balance amplifiers ? The answer is you cant. You still havent fixed PvP and now you are introducing something that will once again take you until the end of 6.0 to fix, if you even manage to get to the end of this expansion.

The gearing system is completely illogical you heard our concerns about the RNG system back in 5.0 now you have made it worse not only that you have began to truly show how you dont care about the game. Snipers do not need phasewalk! Whos bright idea was it to give them phase walk?

Do not expect me or others to believe that in the span of 2 weeks you will fix the gearing system, because throughout 5.0 you have shown your incompetence and lack of love to this game.

If you truly care about this game you will stop pretending that you actually listen to the players on PTS because if you do listen, you would know that this gearing system is IMPOSSIBLE to balance + the amplifers. Delay the expansion if you most, I am sure others will be relieved. What's the solution to fixing the gearing system?

Very simple, bring back the old gearing system from 2.0, that's how the game should be not this RNG crap that didnt work in 5.0 and won't work now. If you do not change now you might as well launch 6.0 now and see everyone leave in droves.

I agree. My friends and I have been talking about this. I highly doubt anyone on their team plays the game. If they did, we wouldn't be talking about it. It's pretty absurd atm and it needs a change. RNG for gear isn't fun. Running raids and not getting a drop is understandable, buying a wep for a jug and getting a gun isn't.

I agree. My friends and I have been talking about this. I highly doubt anyone on their team plays the game. If they did, we wouldn't be talking about it. It's pretty absurd atm and it needs a change. RNG for gear isn't fun. Running raids and not getting a drop is understandable, buying a wep for a jug and getting a gun isn't.

That it dumb

.., buying a wep for a jug and getting a gun isn't.

That kind of thing should not be happening anymore, no really, if it did happen to you on the latest PTS build you should report it. However when you do buy a weapon it will contain 3 random mods at a item level somewhere close to your own average, could be higher or could be lower.

I don't really care for this. When I go to a vendor I want to see the exact stats of what I am buying and would like all the mods inside to be the same level, I don't want a slot machine for a vendor.

I kind of like the idea of Kai showing up with a limited random selection of bargain items (don't ask where he got them and he won't have to lie to you), but again I would like to see full stats before buying.

The reason the gearing system is completely awful is because there is an 18 tier grind to get to the top tier of gear. While you can still fail on mainhands and offhands when trying to max out. For some reason they have you go through item levels in 2's, which is absolutely ridiculous. EIGHTEEN TIERS OF GEAR TO GET TO THE TOP. Not even counting getting the set bonus which is 21k in fragments. I tested this and I swear to god I spent about 70k in fragments just trying top get to the top of the gear system, simply just trying to get to 306. I don't understand why they feel the need to change the gearing system to something completely new when they had completely solid gearing systems in the past, when the split pve and pvp gear and allowed us to buy pvp gear on its own with warzone comms allowed us to transfer comms through legacy banks. This was a much better system and works better than any of the systems they've come out with. Edited by mickym

it seems like they are making the game pay to win by making the gear cost 1 mil per set bonus piece. i dont know about others, but i hate doing dailies and crafting, which is the only way to make credits in this game... so making me do content i dont like so i can gear up for the content i want to do (ops) seems mean