Non-Moddable Gear needs to be 100% removed from Onslaught Content.

MaximusRex

I don't know if the gear just isn't ready yet, but currently on PTS the majority of being acquired is NOT moddable gear, meaning we can't pull the mods out and use them in our existing or new shells we might get.

With Set Bonuses being moved to the shell, and weapons not being able to be changed cosmetically, it's just not acceptable to force players to give up those things in order to increase ilvl and get better gear, that also probably won't be moddable. At this point in this games life cycle I don't know how BioWare can keep making non-moddable gear for slots that have moddable gear options.

Agreed 100%! Unmoddable gear that drops in Operations, from the Unidentified Gear Boxes from Takanna, from the Warzone Lockboxes, from Conquest etc. needs to be removed and replaced with moddable gear.

It is completely unacceptable that unmoddable gear drops from endgame content. To force players to go completely backwards and not have the customisation that has been standard with all endgame gear drops regardless of tier for many *********** years and through multiple *********** expansions is ridiculous.

And for ****'s sake, please reduce the number of tiers of gear. 19 is way too *********** many!

Having multiple set bonuses is enough of a time gate for gear progression. We do not need all this extra ******** you guys have introduced. What's wrong with having 5 tiers of gear and straight forward progression?

This is far worse than 5.0 ever was. I did not think that was possible. But here we are.

Very, very disappointing.

Agreed.

Get rid of all the unmoddable gear drops. I play swtor for fun, not to grind for stuff that will make things worse for me.

It doesn't matter that everything is now bound to legacy, it's a huge drop in quality of life to have to be constantly changing out gear pieces.

Currently on live I have sets of legacy armor for different classes and specs, I know by the look what set to grab for what role I'm playing. If i mix up a set for whatever reason I know as soon as I put it on because that healer glove is glaringly different from the dps glove.

Then there's the augment issue. I use augments to balance out the secondary stats, it would get too expensive, and time consuming, to have to re-augment everytime I get a new gear piece.

Overall I am not happy with what I'm seeing on the pts. Even with the unlimited funds available it's just too time-consuming to bother gearing properly on the pts. Rng on top of rng, gear that's not even for your class, let alone spec, and mostly unmoddable gear to boot.

Don't even mention crafting to avoid the rng, that's a whole different avenue of masochism that I took one look at on the pts and refused to even try testing out. The numbers are insane.

No don't do anything, keep it the same I enjoy it. Good job on 6.0 so far Bioware! Keep up the good work.

You've stated before that you like the new systems. Would you care to tell us why?

Do you only play one class/spec and have no alts?

Are you really in love with the rng gambling system?

Do you do no endgame group content? The pts gear drops are fine for just the basic casual solo players. Same as how on live you can do all the story content with sub 230 gear, unbalanced stats, and zero augments.

Of course for the basic casual solo game you don't need a continous sub, you can just sub for 1 month when the new content drops and be happy.

I very much like the appearance of the new non-moddable gear (an Onderon style that evolves from simple to ornate as the rating increases). Please just make all these non-moddable items moddable. With set bonus now being attached to the shells, we need to be able to cannibalise our new drops for mods and move those flexibly through our legacy, rather than letting gear go to waste because it can't be combined with a set bonus.

Remove it, or make it moddable, period.

Why bother with an outfit system, then klill it?

This is just another log on the fire in a bad news pts.

Again, do not do this, listen to us, you cant afford to sc rew this up, those of us still supporting you dont need to get clustered. grind grind RNG grind is what drove people AWAY from WoW, why would you possible try to use it?

Remove it, or make it moddable, period.

Why bother with an outfit system, then klill it?

This is just another log on the fire in a bad news pts.

Again, do not do this, listen to us, you cant afford to sc rew this up, those of us still supporting you dont need to get clustered. grind grind RNG grind is what drove people AWAY from WoW, why would you possible try to use it?

My position is this, it doesn't need to be removed so long as an easy path to getting mods comes from it, and the overall designer intent with the system is made clear to us.

Here's what I mean:

Let's say that by deconstructing non moddable gear that comes from flashpoints and operations, we get a guaranteed resource in a guaranteed amount that when applied towards crafting will allow a crafter to make the mods that we want.

And the requirements to make that mod are reasonable based on the quality (green, blue , purple, yellow).

I would say that would work really well as a crafting system. It would finally have Synergy with the Looting system and I think could work really well if thoughtfully applied and if the crafting requirements warrant so ridiculously stupid like they are right now.

There is potential here to work with.

The one straight up caveat I would give is that the hardest content in the game, master mode operations, would simply drop moddable gear rather than requiring a Crafter.

It just makes sense at the top end.

While I agree with you on the unmodable gear, consider this. On the Kai Zykken Vendor the Set bonus gear is modable, but each and every armoring, mod and enhancement is 100% random. I've seen gear with 3 different ilevels on them. 1 blue, 1 purple, and 1 gold. If BW does get rid of the unmodable gear all gear may get that randomness, and honestly that is even worse then unmodable gear.

I hope BW gets rid of that randomness in the mods of the set gear personally, but somehow I doubt it.

Edited by Toraak

While I agree with you on the unmodable gear, consider this. On the Kai Zykken Vendor the Set bonus gear is modable, but each and every armoring, mod and enhancement is 100% random. I've seen gear with 3 different ilevels on them. 1 blue, 1 purple, and 1 gold. If BW does get rid of the unmodable gear all gear may get that randomness, and honestly that is even worse then unmodable gear.

I hope BW gets rid of that randomness in the mods of the set gear personally, but somehow I doubt it.

I don't mind it being random. If Kai had "the best", then people would just grind tech pieces instead of doing content.

I don't mind it being random. If Kai had "the best", then people would just grind tech pieces instead of doing content.

random is one thing if all of the armorings/mods/enhancements are the same iLevel, but having a 302 armoring, 284 mod, and a 294 Enhancement when your at a Gear Score of 300 is very annoying. 2 out of the 3 are outright downgrades, and at that point the mod is useless. (and reverse engineering them gives so little Tech Fragments compared to what you'd need for the next piece. The gear should still be 2 iLevels below your Gearscore, at your Gear sore, or 2 level above your gear score. Not having it at such a drastic range.

random is one thing if all of the armorings/mods/enhancements are the same iLevel, but having a 302 armoring, 284 mod, and a 294 Enhancement when your at a Gear Score of 300 is very annoying. 2 out of the 3 are outright downgrades, and at that point the mod is useless. (and reverse engineering them gives so little Tech Fragments compared to what you'd need for the next piece. The gear should still be 2 iLevels below your Gearscore, at your Gear sore, or 2 level above your gear score. Not having it at such a drastic range.

This annoying for the fact it is such a timewaster as you stand by the merchant and buy/refund the gear piece until you roll the mods and mod levels you like + the amplifiers in them. And yeah if I have to spend 1500 precious tech fragments I will totally do that - reroll and refund until I get the piece in question with the correct mods and amplifiers out of the getgo.

edit: hell, peeps might actually sell this service in game to people who do not want to waste time on such stuff, call it the professional reroller.

Edited by ottffsse

My position is this, it doesn't need to be removed so long as an easy path to getting mods comes from it, and the overall designer intent with the system is made clear to us.

Here's what I mean:

Let's say that by deconstructing non moddable gear that comes from flashpoints and operations, we get a guaranteed resource in a guaranteed amount that when applied towards crafting will allow a crafter to make the mods that we want.

And the requirements to make that mod are reasonable based on the quality (green, blue , purple, yellow).

I would say that would work really well as a crafting system. It would finally have Synergy with the Looting system and I think could work really well if thoughtfully applied and if the crafting requirements warrant so ridiculously stupid like they are right now.

There is potential here to work with.

The one straight up caveat I would give is that the hardest content in the game, master mode operations, would simply drop moddable gear rather than requiring a Crafter.

It just makes sense at the top end.

Well, they also bork the crafting system in this same update. There's no need for the extra grind unless they're planning on continuing to drop 1 update every 4-5 months with the occasional patch to rectify a game breaking bug they've been told about months in advance. I feel like conceding to decisions with poor optics or poor outcomes because they can be built upon them to become something not as bad is giving too much credit to Bioware at this point.

Let's not forget, this whole gearing system upheaval is meant for everyone and when something's meant for everyone, broad appeal matters far more than catering to a specific demographic, especially after you've pretty much put that same demographic on life support after years of poor service on their end. This, of course, is while disregarding the fact that the overwhelming amount of feedback on the changes is either apathetic or negative with reason so far.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.