The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Odessen vendor not giving gearset pubside (tried 2 characters)

forcedpolitics

• Dev Post
wat we do

Hey there,

So we just did some more testing and it seems that the terminals are being inconsistent in giving gear. Definitely make sure you have a Discipline equipped before using the terminal. It does seem like it is failing to give gear most of the time. Pubside this isn't an option but for Imperial players, you can try using one of the starter planet terminals instead as they seem to be working more consistently in giving gear.

As a note, the content we recommend you test is Story / Veteran and so you will be bolstered regardless. Just make sure you have some gear equipped.

We will work on fixing the terminals in a future patch.

-eric

Hey there,

So we just did some more testing and it seems that the terminals are being inconsistent in giving gear. Definitely make sure you have a Discipline equipped before using the terminal. It does seem like it is failing to give gear most of the time. Pubside this isn't an option but for Imperial players, you can try using one of the starter planet terminals instead as they seem to be working more consistently in giving gear.

As a note, the content we recommend you test is Story / Veteran and so you will be bolstered regardless. Just make sure you have some gear equipped.

We will work on fixing the terminals in a future patch.

-eric

Okay thanks for fast response most are in full 258 with 200k health anyways shouldn't be a problem just wanted to make sure before diving in. Have a nice evening

It's supposed to be giving gear? I only got money.

who said anything about going to starter planets?

The PTS article also states to talk to gear vendors on odessen but i thought that was phase 1 pts only?

The only visible vendor on odessen now is the one which transports you to the new planet and the terminal next to it just turns you level 75 and gives you credits.

I have been able to get SW and Sin. I took the gear off and put in legacy storage. I sure it will work for Sor also. unfortunately you cant go back and get another set but when you transfer chr you have the bad one with red scribbling you can name and get for you and pub side.

Neither of my characters got gear, my scoundrel or my sorcerer. I even took my sorcerer to Korriban and Hutta and still nothing. This should be fixed sooner than later if you really want it tested. Edited by casirabit

for what its worth, i found that if you create one from scratch, not a transfer, AND pick its discipline prior to touching the terminal, it works and i got gear.

I know this isnt what they wanted but it is what it is

I created a BH Nautolan from scratch, picked its discipline, and still got no gear when I touched the terminal on Hutta to transport to Odessen.

On a Sith Assassin I logged in (level 62, just finished vanilla story and haven't done any expansions) and went to Odessen via ship on the "real" copy, touched the terminal, and got only money no gear. This character then went to Onderon and had no clickable anything useful (trainers, vendors, quest givers, etc.)

On the "bad red name copy" of the same Sith Assassin I logged in at level 62, took my ship to Korriban, clicked the terminal at the starter area, and this time I got teleported to Odessen but got gear, money, etc. Also all the Onderon quest givers, trainers, mailbox etc. were all present.

Looks as though many things are still...perhaps not quite implemented correctly?

Edited by Kalorilan

This is probably not a way they intended to get gear, but here's how you *CAN* get 270 gear from the vendor on fleet that takes tech fragments.

Get to Odessen

User terminal to get 100's of millions of credits

buy a stack of 10k stims or medpacks from the med droid there

RE / deconstruct 1000 of them, leave the rest in your inventory.

You'll get lots of jawa scrap, and tech fragments. the 1K you just deconstructed will get you 3000 tech fragments

Go to vendor and buy your gear.

You'll be able to buy two pieces.

Deconstruct another 1000 stims.

Buy two more pieces.

Repeat as needed.

Note....this seems to NOT work for characters who have the biochem crew skill.