The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

getting alacrity high enough for 1.2s GCD

Carba

Due to changes in how they calculate percent change in stat per stat point, 4625 alacrity is no longer sufficient for a 1.2 gcd. In current PTS, using numbers from Dipstik and others, you would need about 7988 (maybe 7984, depending on rounding) alacrity to reach over 25% alacrity and the 1.2s GCD. Using 4620 alacrity (current breakpoint is 4625 for 1.2s gcd) will only put you at 19.35% alacrity, which corresponds to a 1.3s gcd.

Since atm they cap the mastery/power in level sync ops, I was trying alternatives for the mastery and power related relics / stim and adrenals that don't work in these occasions, and fooling around with alacrity trying to get to that 1.2 gcd :3

Considering the stats on crit and alac relics :

-Crit relic procs for 2892 crit ( for 6 sec / possibly every 20 sec)

-Alac relic (when activated) (for 2314 alac for 30 sec)

-adrenal gives 1005 crit / alac (for 15 sec)

-accuracy stim gives 109 crit

(with the agent buff + comp bonus)

the funniest set up I found with my op healer:

1549 crit (w accuracy stim) = around 34%

4744 alac = 19.65%

because :

-with the crit relics procs, it gives me 4441 crit, so around 45%, which its still decent

-with the alacrity clicky + the alac adrenal, its brought me to 25% (8063) , so 1.2 gcd for 15 second :3

So basically a free "Stim Boost" effect

-without that alacrity boost, its still fast and fun :p

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18L0rWk06iGqYKqVJEp_46WeRh13Ekd5Y/view?usp=sharing

for funzies, the alac relic + the operative 10% stim boost + alac stim --> 35% !!! so close ! not yet at 36.36% tho... although I still had 1.1 cast of Kolto Infusion, ridiculous XD

I reached 36.3% with 5938 alac + relic + alac stim + operative +10% stim boost + a 2% alacrity set bonus,, which brought me to 9324 alac, which is ridiculously not viable because no other stats that alac, barely no crit at all (26% ish , but around 42% when the crit relic proc) , but for the sake of it it was fun tho :p

Screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HUQUjOj9-0OQkHYFXAhgqb5P4H-D9H1I/view?usp=sharing

Realistically, Ill probably just stay at my comfy 1.3 gcd , but it was worth the experimentation :)

Edited by jambalayabungee

the plus 2% set bonus buffs are for rating and not percent by the way... even though some say rating and others dont...

we have to see what the higher gear gives... if we are wearing the equivalent of 236 gear, 258 gear equivilent should give us a decent budget for alacrity... not 1.2 s good buy 1.3 for dps might be within spitting distance..

the plus 2% set bonus buffs are for rating and not percent by the way... even though some say rating and others dont...

we have to see what the higher gear gives... if we are wearing the equivalent of 236 gear, 258 gear equivilent should give us a decent budget for alacrity... not 1.2 s good buy 1.3 for dps might be within spitting distance..

Yeah it would be too nice if it was the % ... as it was, it wasnt, it was just a little stat increase, even with the tons of alac I had for funzie

I look forward to see the conclusions you theorycrafters comes with, you guys are the un-sung heroes of swtor, amazing work :) I tried to follow the Stat equations thread but yeah, its not my specialty unfortunately :p

Edited by jambalayabungee