The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crafting Changes are HORRIBLE

Void_Singer

It seems like everything with crafting has always been 1 step forward, two steps back.

We'll have new Augments finally, great!

The cost to craft them is so high that unless you are a billionaire ingame, yyou might as well not bother tryying to get the mats to do so.

We get a new materials storage, Great!

It's utterly useless for seeing if you have the mats you need because it's a junk drawer that just piles everything in (completely useless) alphabetical order, and doesn't sort by grade. and I can't even tell if it's only per character, or legacy wide, because they've disabled legacy creation on PTS.

We get new schematics from the trainers, Great!

.... that are locked behind yet another purchase cap (the same kind they removed because they didn't make any sense before, and still don't now)

even the one positive I could find is a bit of a joke... they at least scaled crafting conquest numbers to match the new limits.... frankly they should be higher... it was harder to make conquest as a crafter before CQ for XP was introduced...now it's a lost cause, and doesn't look to be getting any better.

If your goal is to kill crafting, then just do it already. this slow rotting erosion with simple bugs that go unfixed forever, reinstatement of things even you admitted were bad, creation of priveledged classes with access to schematics no one else can get and all the rest is just abusive at this point.

It seems like everything with crafting has always been 1 step forward, two steps back.

We'll have new Augments finally, great!

The cost to craft them is so high that unless you are a billionaire ingame, yyou might as well not bother tryying to get the mats to do so.

We get a new materials storage, Great!

It's utterly useless for seeing if you have the mats you need because it's a junk drawer that just piles everything in (completely useless) alphabetical order, and doesn't sort by grade. and I can't even tell if it's only per character, or legacy wide, because they've disabled legacy creation on PTS.

We get new schematics from the trainers, Great!

.... that are locked behind yet another purchase cap (the same kind they removed because they didn't make any sense before, and still don't now)

even the one positive I could find is a bit of a joke... they at least scaled crafting conquest numbers to match the new limits.... frankly they should be higher... it was harder to make conquest as a crafter before CQ for XP was introduced...now it's a lost cause, and doesn't look to be getting any better.

If your goal is to kill crafting, then just do it already. this slow rotting erosion with simple bugs that go unfixed forever, reinstatement of things even you admitted were bad, creation of priveledged classes with access to schematics no one else can get and all the rest is just abusive at this point.

It's alphabetical, but also separated by categories. the generic white frame crafting mats you buy from the vendor have their own section. The crafting components have their own section. RE'd augment components have their own section.

it is by legacy, that was one of the first things I looked at on PTS. Right now, it works when the legacy bank does not.

You can also take items OUT of the material storage tab, which is nice.

I think you missed the part where I mentioned the mats where in alphabetical order.... which is utterly useless since all crafts run by grades.

vendor mats being in their own section actually makes it even harder to check stock for crafting items of any particular grade.

and don't get me started on the jawa vendor changes, where they've jacked all the basic mat prices making collecting mats for war supplies 10 times harder. doesn't matter if the unique mats are in there, if no one can afford to purchase them in usable quantities.

Where is the new materials storage? Most of my legacy storage is organized by crafting materials and grade levels. For example, tab 2 will contain all scavenging materials, tab 3 will be for archaeology mats, etc. Then it goes Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, etc. I did this when the server merges were announced. I hope that Bioware doesn't mess it up.

You have gone completely bonkers. Material costs are way, way, way, way, out of line. You need to go back to the "normal" progression from crafting grade 10 items to crafting with grade 11 items. Assemply components 5 times the cost in materials, crafting mission 3 times the duration, jawa scrap conversions costs 50 times more and the list just keeps getting longer. While I don't mind crafting costs being somewhat higher for high end gear, the costs for things like assembly components, mod 11 kits, stims, healing packs is outer limits beyond crazy stupid. DO NOT LET THIS GO FORWARD. As I noted above, mission times are also way out of line, 19 min for a moderate yield mission with a lvl 50 companion is plain nuts. Who ever has the lead for crafting needs a serious reality check.

Would things not be a lot more simple if they just game us additional legacy banks or does this affect game performance?

In an ideal world, where legacy amour sets, weapons etc are now becoming the norm, we could do with more legacy bank slots.

The other thing which would be really cool is if you could access Alt storage holds without having to log in and out of characters. I'd say I still spend an unhealthy amount of time on loading screens.

Rank 240 augments should still work, at least as filler until we can get a hold of the MK-11 augment kits and the blue and purple grade 11 augments. The 240 augments have about 90% of the stat bonuses of rank 286 ones. If I remember right (alas, no PTS up to verify) the level 73 blue augments are slightly better than the 240s.

MK-11s aren't cheap to install either -- 100,000 credits per gear piece.