The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PTS Known Issues

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Below you will find a host of key known issues you may experience during phase 1 of Onslaught PTS.

• Cooldown reduction is not showing correctly in the UI. It is still working.
  • Tactical items can currently gain Augment slots, this is not intended.
  • Expect to see some typos or incorrect ability references.
  • A number of tactical items may function differently than is noted in their tooltip, please report any of these issues in the PTS bug report forum.
  • The following tactical items currently do not function, this will be addressed in a future PTS patch:
    • Higher Focus
    • Undying Cloak
    • Hidden Power
    • Holodefense

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

There is currently no way to purchase crystals for MH/OH. Also, we do not have access to all 4 buffs, which may skew numbers when testing

That's because even when character copy is live, your legacy doesn't get copied, hence why all the unlocks for characters are missing.

Aggro range is around 25m now, even for characters at the same level or higher than mobs. I don't know if this was intended, but it is probably game breaking if it gets into the live servers. Flashpoint, operation, and heroic mobs will swamp groups and most teams probably will have trouble clearing any content.

Aggro range is around 25m now, even for characters at the same level or higher than mobs. I don't know if this was intended, but it is probably game breaking if it gets into the live servers. Flashpoint, operation, and heroic mobs will swamp groups and most teams probably will have trouble clearing any content.

Yeah. I went on a Jugg to CZ-198 to try a daily/weekly sweep, and got mashed in the first room when *everything*(1) attacked me and my rank 1 ship droid.

I can imagine that noobs trying to play Ord Mantell or Korriban will have a short and painful existence before giving up in disgust. (Tython and Hutta might be slightly less instantaneous, at least until you get out into the Hutta swamps, whereupon you'll be mashed by about seventeen thousand Bog Men and Akk Dogs.)

This really, really should be detuned substantially.

(1) The gold-star dude near the bottom of the stairs, the big tripod gold-star droid, the group by the nearby droid container, and eventually the group by the next container round, so OK, not actually everybody, but it certainly felt like it. It didn't end well, as you can imagine.

When in Pvp, and on Odessen, i noticed, that some of my Jugger, Immortal skills were Not activating like, Force jump whether in the right range, back-hand, Ravage and Retaliation, and even Crushing blow. Force Push, whether in range or out wasn't always activating either. I don't know if it's all because of the lag, or other issues.

Confirmed. Was tooling on Ord Mantell on a new Commando, getting aggroed from much further than expected by seps.

Same here. I hadn't seen update just randomly was checking PTS and so ran Commando. I had them coming from all directions. I thought I was back in D3. Where is a WOL Monk when you need him.

Hey folks,

Below you will find a host of key known issues you may experience during phase 1 of Onslaught PTS.

• Cooldown reduction is not showing correctly in the UI. It is still working.
  • Tactical items can currently gain Augment slots, this is not intended.
  • Expect to see some typos or incorrect ability references.
  • A number of tactical items may function differently than is noted in their tooltip, please report any of these issues in the PTS bug report forum.
  • The following tactical items currently do not function, this will be addressed in a future PTS patch:
    • Higher Focus
    • Undying Cloak
    • Hidden Power
    • Awakened Flame

[*]Aggro radius is larger than intended

-eric

He literally lists the CD problem first.. Reading is hard guys, lol. I hope it gets patched asap though, It's really annoying trying to do Kickball arena's and not being able to see our cd's. :(

Yeah. I went on a Jugg to CZ-198 to try a daily/weekly sweep, and got mashed in the first room when *everything*(1) attacked me and my rank 1 ship droid.

I can imagine that noobs trying to play Ord Mantell or Korriban will have a short and painful existence before giving up in disgust. (Tython and Hutta might be slightly less instantaneous, at least until you get out into the Hutta swamps, whereupon you'll be mashed by about seventeen thousand Bog Men and Akk Dogs.)

This really, really should be detuned substantially.

(1) The gold-star dude near the bottom of the stairs, the big tripod gold-star droid, the group by the nearby droid container, and eventually the group by the next container round, so OK, not actually everybody, but it certainly felt like it. It didn't end well, as you can imagine.

I went to the 2 heroics on Korriban with a influence level 2 companion wearing the gear from Odessan vendors.

I died.

I couldn't believe it. (only on the one heroic with ALL of the mobs...not The Hate Machine).

Not only is aggro range increased, level sync was changed. My level 75 was shifted down to 10 instead of 12.

Just tried DK - leveled my companion up to 25, made a huge difference. lvl sync was at 17 instead of 18. Kregg and his mandos were lvl 11 (going to check if that's different - one thing I don't have committed to memory)

Balmorra heroic Toxic Bombs...level sync = 21. Mobs = 20. increased aggro range also.

Edited by Darev

There is currently no way to purchase crystals for MH/OH. Also, we do not have access to all 4 buffs, which may skew numbers when testing
I was able to buy crystals from a vendor on fleet - this vendor or a vendor should be put on Odesson to make getting crystals easier/clearer. I will also add that since Legacy didn't transfer into PTS please add a way to get all four class buffs.

For the most accurate feedback possible please set all characters created on the PTS up with fully accessible legacies. That means legacy level 50, all classes with story considered progressed to chapter 3, and all available companion bonuses enabled.

Class buffs and companion buffs are ever present on live, it makes little sense to test without them.

I noticed in my action bars when I hover over the pvp health medpacs and warzone adrenal an annoying window pops up over my action bars and not off to the right like the rest of the powers when I hover over them. Is that something you can fix because that's is highly annoying in pvp?

anyone else having a hard time finding individuals to group up with for mission runs using the group finder. I spent nearly 6 hours of play time enjoying the story run and using each testing class, however during that time never did I get a pop up or invite to join at group.