EU Protest (For EU members only)

evidence_

Q: What is your european strategy? Will you keep putting maintenence on day / primetime for europe?

The unfortunate reality of maintenance windows is that someone, somewhere, is always going to be affected.

Our European prime-time - which is when we have our highest PCUs across all servers - has actually not been impacted by our current maintenance windows. It's later in the evening, not during the day.

That said, this week we did overrun, and we know that many EU players were on holiday too, so that wasn't good. We're taking steps to address that.

Bioware has stated that they have no interest in changing the maintenance window for SWOTR. Europeans can expect to lose a day everytime maintenance is carried out. A day they are currently paying for.

I propose that as a protest all EU members temporarily cancel their subs to get the attention of Bioware and let them know just how much of their player base they could lose.

Bioware can choose from three possible solutions:

1) Organise their servers differently so as to enable seperate update windows

2) Alternate which region has the downtime in the day

3) Move the maintenance 3 to 4 hours earlier so that it will affect both the American evening and the EU morning or vice versa.

I've just cancelled mine.

Edited by evidence_

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to protest the BBC not airing past 2 am cst myself.

I am mad I cannot watch Top Gear past 2 am because I do pay for my cable company's bill and service to me.

Who are they to dictate when or if I can watch that channel and show?

I called them and told them I was going to stop paying them because of this.

Sadly they told me to "Thanks and have a nice day".

Any advice?

*Oh I like number 3.. the ole "I can't have my cake the US should not either".... *.. this is rich... really it is.

But yeah tell the BBC to stay on longer I PAY THAT BILL!!

Edited by Iskareot

Bioware has stated that they have no interest in changing the maintenance window for SWOTR. Europeans can expect to lose a day everytime maintenance is carried out. A day they are currently paying for.

I propose that as a protest all EU members temporarily cancel their subs to get the attention of Bioware and let them know just how much of their player base they could lose.

1) Organise there servers differently so as to enable seperate update windows

3) Move the maintenance 3 to 4 hours earlier so that it will affect both the American evening and the EU morning or vice versa.

the maintenance is tuesdays during the morning. while i agree that stuff like that should be done in middle of the night, you should be at work or in school at that hour anyways, so stop worrying.

You lose a day? No you don't stop lying. 10am to 4pm GMT. Thats not a big freaking deal. 6pm at the latest for most European players. Do you people not have lives outside this game? I love how everyone complains that their game time is being wasted in maintenance yet you agreed to the EULA which states they can take down the game at any time.

Whiners gonna whine I guess.

Signed.

Totally agree, maintenance until 17.00 is just stupid, and I'm paying for this game the same as American players (more in fact, since purchasing power in Spain is really worst by far).

Also, everyone knows that maintenance it's usually delayed, so this is not even 17.00 for real, maybe 18 or 19.00 like this week happened.

the maintenance is tuesdays during the morning. while i agree that stuff like that should be done in middle of the night, you should be at work or in school at that hour anyways, so stop worrying.

Lots of people work/study in the afternoon/evening and they only can play some nights or mornings. Stop being so immature just looking at your own belly, please.

Edited by JabbaCG

1) Organise there servers differently so as to enable seperate update windows

About 3, yeah, see there are many more Americans playing this game than Europeans and money talks here in North America friend. I know you Europeans are used to your goverments regulating everything for fairness, but we represent a larger $ amount, so back off :D. Thank you.

Now instead of pissing off your friends across the Atlantic, how about we come up with a solution where everyone wins?

Dear Bioware, please perform server maintenance on the European servers during times when not a lot of Europeans are playing, separate from American maintenance.

You lose a day? No you don't stop lying. 10am to 4pm GMT. Thats not a big freaking deal. 6pm at the latest for most European players. Do you people not have lives outside this game? I love how everyone complains that their game time is being wasted in maintenance yet you agreed to the EULA which states they can take down the game at any time.

Whiners gonna whine I guess.

The UK is NOT most of Europe. I am in Poland so the last maintenance window went to from 11am to 7PM. By the time you take out time for Breakfast and Dinner this is all day.

About 3, yeah, see there are many more Americans playing this game than Europeans and money talks here in North America friend. I know you Europeans are used to your goverments regulating everything for fairness, but we represent a larger $ amount, so back off :D. Thank you.

Now instead of pissing off your friends across the Atlantic, how about we come up with a solution where everyone wins?

Dear Bioware, please perform server maintenance on the European servers during times when not a lot of Europeans are playing, separate from American maintenance.

What cracks me up about this, is that there are more EU customers than US if you look at the sales figures. Unfortunately your going to have to face the fact, so maybe you should back off as it were!

Edited by Kirjava

What cracks me up about this, is that there are more EU customers than US if you look at the sales figures. Unfortunately your going to have to face the fact, so maybe you should back off as it were!

You can have more, i'll keep my non prime time maintenance ;)

You can have more, i'll keep my non prime time maintenance ;)

The maintenance doesn't bother me to be honest. It does kind of suck it's during the day time, instead of early morning, or at least 8am to 12pm instead. But I play on a US server, so expected there to be this issue anyway.

Basically to me importance would be that there is always a server to log on...

However i already feel that i might not subscribe anyway, move along wait for Guild Wars 2 and hope for real game design.

Cheeeeers

Basically to me importance would be that there is always a server to log on...

However i already feel that i might not subscribe anyway, move along wait for Guild Wars 2 and hope for real game design.

Cheeeeers

I think Guild wars 2 will have maintenance like every other mmo...

I dunno about that. Doubt they'll update the content for it much apart from expansions. Doesn't look like they'll do any major content patches, just hot fixes I guess.

It will have databases that need maintenance, just like every other MMO.

you dont miss anything at all.

Yes I do.

It would be bad if they would do it at night for us europeans, while the US guys come home and cant play.

But it wouldn't be bad if they would do it at night for Americans, while the europeans come home and can't play?

Some people actually work shift houers you know? Not all work 8-16.

It is just pure lasiness and pore costumer support that makes this happen.

But EA an BW is not known for their good service or costumer support so this will never change.

Edited by Mamono

I would hope the plan for them would be to condense maintenance down into maybe 2-4 hour windows instead of 12 hours like last week. Perhaps a bit premature on this protest until you learn the regular expected times? :p

They have already said that maintenance times are expected to become much shorter in the future.