It’s 2019 and still no cross server queues

Telaan

The thread title implies that cross-server queues were an inevitability in the game that should've already happened. Otherwise, it's a non sequitur because the date has absolutely nothing to do with a feature suggestion unless it was reasonably expected to have been released by now.

On the subject of cross-server queues, it's hard enough to deal with the toxicity of PvPers in English. I'd find it quite annoying to have people spamming toxic nonsense in German.

The thread title implies that cross-server queues were an inevitability in the game that should've already happened. Otherwise, it's a non sequitur because the date has absolutely nothing to do with a feature suggestion unless it was reasonably expected to have been released by now.

On the subject of cross-server queues, it's hard enough to deal with the toxicity of PvPers in English. I'd find it quite annoying to have people spamming toxic nonsense in German.

Considering games nearly twice as old as swtor have it...I’d say that we’ve gone eight years without it is rather relevant. Especially considering the game should’ve never launched without it. It’d be like releasing a new smart phone with no ability to access the internet.

PvP has and always will be toxic in any online game. It’s the internet.

Incorrect.

The Devs themselves stated what I posted above. I didn't just pull that from thin air.

Do some searching on this thing we use, called the internet. You can probably pull the post up.

Transferring server to server is COMPLETELY different than you staying one server, me on another, players X & Y on DM & us all meeting in a mutual FP...WAY more load on server & info going across.

And that's what I stated, they said they won't merge the last two NA servers into each other. So no point arguing it.

Some players will only except there own view on any given topic. Point blank refuse to except anything else. Unfortunately the OP's one of them. No matter what anyone else says, like you pointing out BW's stated answer to this very issue will just be just point blank ignored or rejected because only he is right.

Edited by KoriVash

They recently allowed us the pleasure of previewing items directly from the guild bank, something that was never possible before, even though previewing items from any other source WAS possible. The guild bank now has a bunch of new bugs, from simply implementing something that should have been easy due to its existence/utility in other parts of the game.

And you want them to mess with the engine?

Point blank refuse to except anything else. Unfortunately the OP's one of them.

I didn’t realize it was so chic to *accept* mediocrity or have no expectations from a AAA game company to upgrade the engine on a MMO bearing, arguably, the most valuable IP in the world to enable something that should’ve existed since launch.

Be careful what you wish for.

If anything has taught me about Bioware over the years is they do listen to these sorts of requests (just not this one yet). Then they implement their own solutions and not the ones players want or expect.

Example 1.

* Players on the APAC servers wanted to be merged into one super server, but still located in the APAC location.

* Bioware’s response is to close all servers and merge them with the US west coast

Example 2.

* Players want mergers because of all the dead servers in the game

* Bioware response is to merge the servers and move the west coast ones to the east coast without announcing it first.

I would not be surprised at all if Bioware’s solution for people asking for cross server again, is to merge both US servers into one server. And all the EU servers into one. In their eyes, the regional cross server problem is fixed.

Of course, this isn’t what players are asking for. But past experience tells me that Bioware will do things in ways we don’t expect or actually want.

Which leads me back to my opening statement. “Be careful what you wish for”.

Be careful what you wish for.

If anything has taught me about Bioware over the years is they do listen to these sorts of requests (just not this one yet). Then they implement their own solutions and not the ones players want or expect.

Example 1.

* Players on the APAC servers wanted to be merged into one super server, but still located in the APAC location.

* Bioware’s response is to close all servers and merge them with the US west coast

Example 2.

* Players want mergers because of all the dead servers in the game

* Bioware response is to merge the servers and move the west coast ones to the east coast without announcing it first.

I would not be surprised at all if Bioware’s solution for people asking for cross server again, is to merge both US servers into one server. And all the EU servers into one. In their eyes, the regional cross server problem is fixed.

Of course, this isn’t what players are asking for. But past experience tells me that Bioware will do things in ways we don’t expect or actually want.

Which leads me back to my opening statement. “Be careful what you wish for”.

Valid points lol.