Juggernaut Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

Eric, any ETA on the warrior 4 and 6 piece additional set bonuses?

Also, if the set bonuses are suppose to be viable regardless of discipline can you stop making the 2p bonuses Accuracy, Defense, Shield or absorb. You could give damage reduction/endurance or mastery/power instead.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grit Teeth is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong - 10 seconds needs to be brought down to 2 seconds, or can only occur once every five or six seconds or something. That is *nuts* to give a guaranteed heal to full *twice* in the same fight.

If you had tested extensively, you would know that ED is not a heal to full anymore. In fact, it is incredibly weak on the pts.

Yeah on a tank who knows how to guardswitch it is strong but thats it. It is the dcd for Juggs. Nerf it more and you could just delete the class...

Your idea is just plain wrong and only creates another useless tactical for Juggernaut dd´s and we have enough of those. It would just decrease by 10-20sec. No dd would choose it.

I don't know why so many people are crying about the already weakened ED when there are so much strong and op tacticals for other classes. Just funny.

If you had tested extensively, you would know that ED is not a heal to full anymore. In fact, it is incredibly weak on the pts.

Yeah on a tank who knows how to guardswitch it is strong but thats it. It is the dcd for Juggs. Nerf it more and you could just delete the class...

Your idea is just plain wrong and only creates another useless tactical for Juggernaut dd´s and we have enough of those. It would just decrease by 10-20sec. No dd would choose it.

I don't know why so many people are crying about the already weakened ED when there are so much strong and op tacticals for other classes. Just funny.

Because if it's that weak then they will buff it. Like they did the last time it happened - as it stands, a DPS jug will get 50 seconds off a 2min (or 1.5 min) CD - leaving a gap of either 40 or 70 seconds. That in and of itself is fine - the problem is with an Immortal spec, it can get double that reduction - 1 minute, 40 seconds to be exact - off a cooldown that is likely only 1 minute, 30 seconds if they have taken that utility. Meaning they get to use their big heal ability back-to-back, and that is as tank spec and skank tank spec - which, skank tank jug has been a major balance for years now and this will do nothing to help. That is absurd for any class to have.

Edited by KainrycKarr

Because if it's that weak then they will buff it. Like they did the last time it happened - as it stands, a DPS jug will get 50 seconds off a 2min (or 1.5 min) CD - leaving a gap of either 40 or 70 seconds. That in and of itself is fine - the problem is with an Immortal spec, it can get double that reduction - 1 minute, 40 seconds to be exact - off a cooldown that is likely only 1 minute, 30 seconds if they have taken that utility. Meaning they get to use their big heal ability back-to-back, and that is as tank spec and skank tank spec - which, skank tank jug has been a major balance for years now and this will do nothing to help. That is absurd for any class to have.

I hope they will buff it, but we all know they are incredibly slow with that. Maybe we have to wait another 1-3 years for that :D.

If your problem is only with the immortal spec, just suggest a tactical change like: It can only proc x times per EP.

Or just buff dmg juggs drcds so they don't need that tactical to bypass poor drcd design and then change the tactical to work spec specific. To make it a choice and not something mandatory. Would help to reduce skanks too.

Edited by -_Richtus_-

Limited amount of play time on pts to fully explore the balance and all the optons for set bonuses. However, there is one thing that is definitely driving me nuts;

The little clock hand that ticks around as you are gaining stacks of Rabid Furor is visually distracting. No problem with it gaining stacks gradually but why does it need a little constant animation until you get to 4 (which takes a while). Personally, I find it annoying and less helpful than just the stack notation in the bottom right.

Hello,

I did a feedback on the marauder post, some of my comments will be the same for the common skill/tactical, other a bit different.

New Ability

New Ability – Furious Focus

Furious Focus has 4 ability charges and recharges every 30 seconds. Activating Furious Focus consumes all charges causing your next attacks to do 25% additional damage.. Ex: If you consume 3 charges, your next 3 attacks do 25% increased damage.

Same thought here as in the marauder, at first it sound good, but after some test it leave a bad taste in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, the ability is good, it's a new cool toy to play with, you have to anticipate his use and it change the way some of your abilities work with Tactical items.

The problem lies in "how" it works : you are force to consume all charges available when you use it. This is where it hurts, because depending of the situation and/or your tactical item you have, you want to spend the charges only one at the time and leave the rest of them for later, but as it is working at the moment you will only loose the extra charges, which is very frustrating and break the flow of the game as you wait for the "star to align" to not waste charges on medium or low dps abilities.

Can you change the way it work to something like this ?

• Furious Focus has 4 ability charges and recharges every 30 seconds. Activating Furious Focus consumes One charge causing your next attack to do 25% additional damage.

This way, we can use them only on the ability we wish for.

Set Bonuses

Set Bonuses

These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).

• Retaliator - (4) Retaliate no longer has a cooldown. (6) Taking damage during Endure Pain grants Retaliator stacks, increasing the damage of your next Retaliation by 10% per stack.

Very... strange, Retaliate is not very often use as a dps, mostly after a miss hit which mean you already have a dps drop because of that.

Also, what appends if you build some stack during Endure Pain, but you can't use Retaliate after ? (The mechanism doesn't seem to have change I believed ?), except for specific situation in PvP I don't find this bonus set very interesting.

I have some question for the mecanism : is there a limit to the number of stack you can gain ? is there an internal cooldown when you gain a stack ? does dots and aoe generate a stack ?

• Strengthening Scream - (4) Threatening Scream's cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds. (6) Threatening Scream increases your damage reduction by 5% for each enemy you hit. This effect lasts 10 seconds.

I'm not very familiar with Immortal, so i can't really tell if this is good or bad bonuses for tanking, by the way is there a limit to the number of target giving you damage reduction ?

Common Tactical Items

• Higher Focus - Enrage builds one Furious Focus charge.

Marauder have a similar tactical, but it work with Frenzy, a 2 minutes 30 second cooldown, Enrage which have 45 seconds or less cooldown (alacrity work on it, it does not on Frenzy) make this tactical very interesting.

• Keep Away - Activating Saber Ward finishes the cooldown of Force Push.

I know quite a lot of people who like to Force Push you into oblivion, exept for the "fun" part i don't really see the point of this one (don't get me wrong, having fun with push force is good !).

• Grit Teeth - Taking damage while Endure Pain is active reduces the cooldown of Enraged Defense by 10 seconds per hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.

This is a bit overpowered, you can already decrease the cooldown to 1 minute 30 seconds, and with this you can gain another 40-50 second on the cooldown, also, does it work only with direct damage ? or does dots and aoe trigger it ?

• Interceding Defense - Reduces the cooldown of Intercede by 5 seconds. Intercede grants 2.5% damage reduction per ally around you after Interceding.

Some question for this one, what is the range of the " ally around you " ? is it you or the target you Interceded ? is there a limit to the number of stack you can gain ?

Immortal

• Crushing Defense - Crushing Blow generates Crushing Defense stacks for every enemy it hits, increasing your damage reduction per stack for 10 seconds.

Need more detail on this one, how many damage reduction per stack ? is there a limit to the number of stack we can have ?

This tactical is really similar in his concept to the one Assassin can use on Wither (except Wither is affected by alacrity but Crushing Blow is not, so you drop the stack during a moment).

• Indomitable - Using Backhand while Invincible extends the duration of Invincible by 5 seconds.

Nice to have it last 5 more second, a shame you have to use a 60 second cooldown to trigger it.

• Retaliating Defense - Retaliation consumes Aegis Assault's damage reduction and grants Retaliating Defense, increasing damage reduction by 5% for 20 seconds.

More damage reduction, long duration, this is quite correct.

Vengeance

• Bloody Vengeance - When a bleed tick critically hits, it reduces the cooldown of Vengeful Slam by one second.

Very interesting one, it can decrease Vengeful Slam cooldown very fast, especially if a lot of target are affected by bleed, but it raise two questions :

- Does it have an internal cooldown ? because if a lot of target are affected, the aoe cycle after the spread dot will be only one button

- Is the dot from the Piercing Chill utility working this tactical item ?

• Payback - Retaliation finishes the cooldown of Hew and allows it to be usable on a target with any health level, it also causes your next Hew to enable Retaliation. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

Usefull if you use the bonus set buffing Retaliation, but mainly in PvP and or when you can miss some attack, stilll very situational

• Crimson Slash - Vicious Slash refreshes the duration of Force Scream and Impale's bleeds on the target.

Can be useful if you want to keep the dot up 100% of the time or refresh them on one target before a spread dot, but I'm wondering if using too much Vicious Slash is not going to end into a dps drop.

Rage

• Detonate - Raging Burst detonates Force Crush, dealing damage and slowing any enemies in an area around the primary target.

I'm have the same concern as I have for Fury about this one, Rage already have a strong single target dps, but with this it add even more to a single target and an area slow ?! maybe change the detonation from Raging Burst to Smash like this ?

• Detonate - Smash detonates Force Crush, dealing damage and slowing any enemies in an area of X meters around you.

• Obliterator - Using Obliterate with Furious Focus causes it to critically hit.

Auto-crit on Obliterate, this is good, as long Furious Focus is changed.

• Force Barter - Furious Strike refunds one additional rage after it hits, but refunds all its rage if you would have fallen to zero.

In Fury this one is very situational, if i don't say useless, because the Fury discipline is not really missing Rage (the resource), however for rage it might be more useful perhaps ?

In conclusion :

Same thing here as in Marauder:

Some of the Tactical item really help to change the way we play, other not really, as for bonus set, they are not really attractive as they are now.

It is unfortunate, but a lot of detail on how these bonus set and tactical items are missing

Edited by KaellSolaris

Set Bonuses

These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).

Retaliator - (4) Retaliate no longer has a cooldown. (6) Taking damage during Endure Pain grants Retaliator stacks, increasing the damage of your next Retaliation by 10% per stack.

Just to reply to a previous post.

This is a good set bonus for tanks who need a bit of dps.

I literally had 40k Retaliation hit on a PT in a duel. For testing, I told guy who was dueling me, to hit me until my hp went to 50% while I had Endure Pain on. With 10 stacks I did 40k hit on him. (I have a skank tank tho).

I don't see this bonus being used by dps jugg, I play from Veng, Rage all the way to Immortal spec and so far I like it when it comes to Immortal spec but I wouldn't use it on dps spec that's for sure.