Star forge just froze...

Benirons

I have a similar issue with 3 Empire side toons can't log in, some that I log into on Empire side can't travel to stronghold or open cartel market. I have a total of 30 Toons at the moment and one of the blocked toons is my main crafter and cartel market shopper

Agreed. I came back for the new event, but after this I think I'm just going to go back to playing City of Heroes long term. It's sad when a game resurrected by volunteers working for free can be more stable, reliable, and fun than an MMO run by a AAA game company that brings in hundreds of billions of dollars in un-taxed profit every year.

I know EA has a lot of money--but where did you get this "hundreds of billions" figure from? The company's net worth is currently less than $40B.

The game was quite fine before Cartel Markets, Loot Crates, and (extremely gimped) Free to Play. I'm not saying F2P broke it but it certainly didn't help it because it seems there is no reinvestment back into it.

Speaking of reinvestment, some compensation would be a nice way to make up for the horrific service they've been providing this week. How about give everybody 5500 complimentary cartel coins. That's their biggest package amount and it'd get spent fast with how pricey cc stuff is, so it's not like they'd actually be giving a lot in items worth away, but it'd feel like a lot considering what it costs.

Or they could meekly apologize, fix the issue, and then pretend like nothing ever happened. I'm sure you can guess which one would make me more likely to re-up my sub in the future.

(And yes, I'm aware of how eye-popping such a proposal would look to bean counters. Frankly, I don't care. If they can't invest in their customers, there is little reason to invest in their product. If they are banking on the exclusivity of this title, that only stretches so far for so long in this repetitive, content-drought-afflicted old game.)

I know EA has a lot of money--but where did you get this "hundreds of billions" figure from? The company's net worth is currently less than $40B.

They charge AAA premium prices for their game in ungimped, playable form. With $40B in net worth, they can afford a third shift/weekend person to watch the blinking lights. The reason all of these companies give us the shoddy support they do is because people allow them to and come up with 1000 excuses for them as to why they do it. There is no excuse.