Unable to retrieve patch data - 208

Gray-Ghost

I am getting this at 3:45am Pacific Time, when I did a tracert to swtor's patch server, I see it timing out at TELSTRAGLOBAL.NET so there is nothing I can do with the usual time-wasting/buying stuff. Just wait until telstra gets their stuff together.

I am getting this at 3:45am Pacific Time, when I did a tracert to swtor's patch server, I see it timing out at TELSTRAGLOBAL.NET so there is nothing I can do with the usual time-wasting/buying stuff. Just wait until telstra gets their stuff together.

All pings to any CDN-Patch time out , best to try downloading a file to test the cdn ,you can ping the login server is launchpad.swtor.com and manifest.swtor.com

All pings to any CDN-Patch time out , best to try downloading a file to test the cdn ,you can ping the login server is launchpad.swtor.com and manifest.swtor.com

Yeah, when I ran tried to ping the CDN, it timed out: :jawa_mad:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping cdn-patch.swtor.com
Pinging na.lvlt.cdn.ea.com.c.footprint.net [8.249.15.254] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Ping statistics for 8.249.15.254:
   Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Edited by myrkat

Still having the issue here too (West Coast, SI Valley). Uninstalled and re-installed and still having the issue.

Was having issues with Vudu and other apps yesterday/this morning ... but those appear to have cleared.

Not sure it if was more of something more widespread or not.

Yep, I'm still getting this at 8:30 pacific (northern California here)

Tracing route to 159.153.92.50 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms http://www.asusnetwork.net [192.168.1.1]

2 * * * Request timed out.

3 10 ms 11 ms 10 ms 96-34-120-104.static.unas.nv.charter.com [96.34.120.104]

4 27 ms 19 ms 17 ms 96-34-127-118.static.unas.nv.charter.com [96.34.127.118]

5 36 ms 29 ms 20 ms bbr02snloca-bue-300.snlo.ca.charter.com [96.34.2.38]

6 27 ms 29 ms 22 ms bbr01snjsca-bue-6.snjs.ca.charter.com [96.34.0.0]

7 25 ms 25 ms 24 ms prr02snjsca-bue-2.snjs.ca.charter.com [96.34.3.93]

8 324 ms 297 ms 295 ms lag-47.ear3.SanJose1.Level3.net [4.68.74.221]

9 * 100 ms 99 ms ae-2-3602.ear3.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.206.81]

10 95 ms 97 ms 98 ms 4.79.23.202

11 92 ms 92 ms 92 ms 159.153.92.10

12 92 ms 95 ms 92 ms 159.153.92.86

13 91 ms 97 ms 92 ms 159.153.92.50

Trace complete.

Guess I'll go fishing today

Just to verify one suggestion:

I installed Hotspot Shield VPN. I can now launch and log into the game. TunnelBear is no longer free. This one is, but they do the "Oh, let's sign you up for a 7-day free trial of our premium service and let's just take your credit card info in case you forget to cancel" thing. For me? Being able to play is worth the price of reminding myself to cancel once this issue is resolved.

Just to verify one suggestion:

I installed Hotspot Shield VPN. I can now launch and log into the game. TunnelBear is no longer free. This one is, but they do the "Oh, let's sign you up for a 7-day free trial of our premium service and let's just take your credit card info in case you forget to cancel" thing. For me? Being able to play is worth the price of reminding myself to cancel once this issue is resolved.

I may try this once I get to my laptop inside with a better connection. One question? Do you have Discord?

Is using a VPN against TOS?

Nope, all it's doing is changing the routing of the packets. You shouldn't need to actually play the game on the VPN anyway, just login (if someone who is actually having the problem can confirm that, that would be good).

I tried it with a central VPN service and it came right up.

Seems like something is killing the West Coast players... :'(

Is this the part that we all get Cartel Coins for finding the problem affecting many of their players?

I certainly wouldn't mind getting a kickback :)

Don't think they do that though.

This is the kind of problem that is usually self resolving though. I'm sure some poor IT folks have been getting yelled at all night to fix whatever is going wrong...

VPN seems to be working for me. I called Tech Support and they just got me back to where I was: attempting to reinstall the game. Can't reinstall if I can't download from the server....

Looks like I'm able to download with a VPN for now. Hopefully, I can play when I turn off the VPN, however...

VPN seems to be working for me. I called Tech Support and they just got me back to where I was: attempting to reinstall the game. Can't reinstall if I can't download from the server....

Looks like I'm able to download with a VPN for now. Hopefully, I can play when I turn off the VPN, however...

You should be able to. As far as i know, the issue is only with the patch manifest servers. You might even be able to get away with patching without the VPN, so long as it starts with the VPN (just a guess on my part though).

Someone at BW/EA really needs to tell Tech Support that we have a workaround via VPN. if this problem is universal on the west coast, that could be affecting hundreds or even thousands of players.

Having the same issue. Tried deleting Bitraider folder no fix. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and now the installer is giving me errors. Might have to cancel my subscription until all this ******** is fixed. Never had an issue with this game until now.

Use a VPN.

There is nothing wrong with the game. If you don't want to read this thread from the beginning, the short version is there is something wrong with the internet between west coast players and the patch manifest server. It is unlikely that the problem is anything BW can do something about.

Not saying it's 100% fixed, but I just managed to log in successfully. Give it another try fellas.

Appears to be working now - super unfortunate as I also had lots of time (which is not as common anymore) to get some fun gametime in.

Did we seriously not get any post from any sort of official response here for a WEST COAST outage on a live game? What the heck is that about?

I just today some sort of response from the ticket I had opened regarding this issue and guess what it said?

Check my graphics driver....

Is this what customer service is now? Is it honestly this much of a joke where you can have many people on an entire coast lose the ability to connect with NO STATEMENT what-so-ever and the single reply I got from my many attempts of calls was check my graphic driver?

I want to enjoy this game, continue to subscribe, and even purchase more cartel coins to buy swag but I cannot give my money to a company that finds this type of action (or lack thereof) is not something I can in good conscience support.

What horrible service. The only reason I even take the time to respond here to to raise awareness to others of this occurrence. There is no reason anyone else should expect a different experience as I just customer #159012312 in their system as you are too.

I just today some sort of response from the ticket I had opened regarding this issue and guess what it said?.

208 is a communication issue so the CS agent must not have been having a good day it appears

Can only recommend use the tech support forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en as per the sticky found at https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=877258

This issue has been placed from the current alerts to the previous alerts section of the known issues sticky at https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INFO-Known-Information-and-Current-Alerts-11th-Jun-19/td-p/4886775

Advice was to simply wait as it was considered a net routing issue with a router table somewhere on the internet losing a line and needed to refresh the table to resolve the issue for those affected.

Edited by OwenBrooks