Here's an idea: Get rid of team ranked and focus on improving solo ranked.

Friend-Referral

What if they are there to win games, because after all, that is the goal of playing in pvp matches. :)

I think this is the heart of our disagreement, and I'll admit my take on it is probably not the usual one. I'll also say up front that for ranked I 100% agree (just to avoid that misunderstanding). For ranked, when I got into a match, I did my utmost to win, no matter about "fair".

But for regs, I don't go in with my top goal being to win the game. My top goal is to have a fun match. And for me a fun match is one that I consider "fair". I've typed many times now that I'd rather have a close match and lose, than to have an easy win. So I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite, in that I'll rant some about people coming into a match and playing "deathmatch" because that's what they want to do instead of "playing the true game"... but here I am sometimes trying to purposely make a match more "fair" by my definition, when yeah, it's probably true that the top goal should probably be to win it. Well, I'm only human. I guess I'll revise my "be perfect" plan and mark that for tomorrow. :p

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff like the 2v4 in lowbies is a population issue. If there are 8 people in queue and only 6 take the pop, but the 2 that didn't were on the same team, and no one is avaliable to backfill, what is BW supposed to do?

They could just cancel the match and boot everyone out of the warzone as if it never happened. They already have a mechanic for that in 8v8 warzones when not enough people join. I doubt it would be that hard for them to tweak it for arenas and only allow them to start when full.

Hey, I was just about to start the name calling part, and you go and throw water on the fire! :p

omg, same :)

It's all good though, just a friendly disagreement.

They could just cancel the match and boot everyone out of the warzone as if it never happened. They already have a mechanic for that in 8v8 warzones when not enough people join. I doubt it would be that hard for them to tweak it for arenas and only allow them to start when full.

I wish they would do that for 8s also. There's another game I play that does that, after you accept it show how many it's still waiting on, and eventually, if everyone doesn't accept, it abandons the match and puts the rest of us back at the top of the queue. Of course, after a recent patch, they bugged that mechanic somehow, and it was getting a bunch of false negatives for the "accept count" and no one could PvP. I guess there are potential down sides. :D

The other option is not to make uneven sides because in my experience with lowbies it will constantly make 2v3 if there are 5 people in the queue or 3v4 if there are 7 people in the queue (and no, those lopsided numbers aren’t because people have declined).

Then there are other matches where it’s started out as 2v3 and after the first round it back fills the team with 3 and it becomes 2v4. Ive seen this happen so many times that it’s laughable. These matches should just end because they are a waste of time.

I'm not endorsing that person's opinion, but it's pretty clear that s/he considers q-dodging cheating. so picking and choosing when to queue based on who is in the queue is, in that person's opinion, queue dodging. whether you agree or not is fine, but the idea seems pretty straightforward.

I also feel that this kind of selective queuing is perfectly reasonable in solos. not so much in granked. but opinions and bu-tholes...

To clarify, I don't think que dodging is outright cheating. Wintrading is. Backfilling was (before they fixed it). Botting is. Que syncing is. However, it's a form of que manipulation and it's not honest play at best and nefarious at worst.