World PvP: Feeding Yourself Kills for Conquest Points

MorseGod

I know that win trading in warzones is prohibited, but I was recently on a PvP instance to avoid the heavy traffic on the PvE side, and I came across an Imp camping out near the Republic area on CZ-198. He was farming what appeared to be a friend (or an alt on a 2nd account). Every 10 seconds or so, the same Pub toon ran right to him and got killed without fighting back. Eventually, the Imp left (I presume he hit the Slayer conquest goal).

Does this violate any rules? It seems shady, but if it's not something that's prohibited (or if it's not being enforced), then it seems an easy way to get a few extra conquest points without seriously having to earn them.

I know that win trading in warzones is prohibited, but I was recently on a PvP instance to avoid the heavy traffic on the PvE side, and I came across an Imp camping out near the Republic area on CZ-198. He was farming what appeared to be a friend (or an alt on a 2nd account). Every 10 seconds or so, the same Pub toon ran right to him and got killed without fighting back. Eventually, the Imp left (I presume he hit the Slayer conquest goal).

Does this violate any rules? It seems shady, but if it's not something that's prohibited (or if it's not being enforced), then it seems an easy way to get a few extra conquest points without seriously having to earn them.

Shady? Yeah.

Violating rules? Not so much. It's not win-trading. It's nothing that really does anything for that person but helps them finish an achievement that isn't likely to be finished anytime soon because of the darned PvP instances versus PvP flagging.

If they'd get rid of those darned PvP instances and bring flagging back, it'd make for a much more dynamic PvP environment, while still preserving the sanity of those who do not wish to partake in open world PvP activities.

If they'd get rid of those darned PvP instances and bring flagging back, it'd make for a much more dynamic PvP environment, while still preserving the sanity of those who do not wish to partake in open world PvP activities.

Every single incident of griefing I've encountered in this game took place before PVP instances were introduced and involved flagged players trying to get me to initiate combat with them by physically obscuring my quest objectives in hopes I'd accidentally click on them (or become irritated enough I'd intentionally attack), inserting themselves into the middle of mobs I was actively attacking (or they knew I'd need to attack), or healing mobs I was trying to kill. Since PVP instances were introduced I haven't been griefed once, so based on my own personal experience I'm going to have to say my sanity has been preserved by the introduction of PVP instances.

Edited by PiiTarr
clarity

I like the PvP instances because they're quiet. It's a good place to go to finish PvE conquest tasks without having to fight a crowd.

For example, if CZ-198 has more than about 10 players on the PvE instance, you're going to spend twice as long getting your 35 kills for the daily because so many people are farming for the rampage instead of using the instanced mission to complete it. You can get those same 35 kills on the PvP instance without much hassle.

Yavin and Oricon are also terribly overcrowded and tedious when there are rampages available.

Its not illegal, its a "group activity" :D

Illegal would be to setup a bot which would be automaticaly respawning everything time with a macro for example. This is a common way to finish this, there was one guy advertising on forums for the one jawa achievement, where you need to kill players with an active Party Jawa, so its OK to do.

As people here said, its better to join the organized events for these kills.

I dont feel that it's illegal.. some of the major conquest guilds will get one person to spawn repeatedly at their med centre and then opposite faction gets a group of 8 or more players and global them till everyone gets the objective ..

Shady and or grey area yes. I dont approve and I dont think bioware planned it that way.

Illegal.. no. Just a creative way to farm conquest.. at least until bioware says something about it.