It’s time to make HK-55 and Chapter 10 available for subs??

Agreed, bound to legacy... But not 5400ccs, that's too much. Sub for 3-months, get it free. That's all they need to do. No additional cc fee on top of that. Make it a reward again.

Ok I will give you the hypercrate cost, but I think it should at least be like 2500cc , as for the 3 months, I think it should be the same sub time that I and everyone else did. This is still a high demand content, whether it is 3 years old or not.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it costs over 5k for a set of platinum level blasters this had better be expensive.

Just because 90% of what's on the CM is extremely overpriced doesn't mean everything else added to it needs to be like that as well. Besides, the bonus chapter has a completely different target audience.

Stuff like the blasters are marketed towards players of the mindset: "I've just got to have it! I need it more than anything! Money is no object! I'll pay whatever they want!" These players are sometimes referred to as "whales", "suckers", or "kids destroying the gaming industry with their parents' credit cards".

The bonus chapter is more for the common, respectable player who simply wants to enjoy the content, but aren't going to empty their bank accounts like the obsessive big spenders tend to.

While it should have a sizable price tag, it needs to be within reason as well. Not just for the players' sake and for maintaining good PR, but for it to be the most profitable due to who it'd be targeting.

Just because 90% of what's on the CM is extremely overpriced doesn't mean everything else added to it needs to be like that as well. Besides, the bonus chapter has a completely different target audience.

Stuff like the blasters are marketed towards players of the mindset: "I've just got to have it! I need it more than anything! Money is no object! I'll pay whatever they want!" These players are sometimes referred to as "whales", "suckers", or "kids destroying the gaming industry with their parents' credit cards".

The bonus chapter is more for the common, respectable player who simply wants to enjoy the content, but aren't going to empty their bank accounts like the obsessive big spenders tend to.

While it should have a sizable price tag, it needs to be within reason as well. Not just for the players' sake and for maintaining good PR, but for it to be the most profitable due to who it'd be targeting.

It is even more sought after then some fancy blasters, so the price will account for that if they do offer it. You are putting the cart before the horse, considering they specifically made a point of not mentioning how it is offered (or even if they will or when they will. Saying it will definately not be in the short term. But it won't be cheap to save PR (which why do they have to save PR, they already met the obligation of offering a EXCLUSIVE reward for subbing during the time period. My guess, they will either be around 5k CC, or even 2500 CC. If people who want it don't want to pay that, well that is on them. BW would have met their end of the bargain. But I think you are fooling yourself if you think they are going to sell it for a couple hundred CC.

Plus I love how you label people you have never met, and making assumptions about how you are so respectable when basically you and the people that want the chapter, are the same as those "suckers" and "kids".

Edited by lightSaberAddiCt

i don't care about that endless envy debate.

to repeat my opinion dozents sites before,

i would spread it for free for all players, because

it is that fun to play.

and i got it as reward, too.

so after all the years... yes give it away.

but i can understand the naysayers, too.

what i'm interested is, what the actual state inside bioware is.

what was discussed about it, when do they wanna release it for all?

maybe as a unlock item from the life day vendor? or as a reward for

completing the new "dark-vs-light-event"?

Edited by fabsus

It is even more sought after then some fancy blasters, so the price will account for that if they do offer it.

The price will account for the demand, but there's many other factors involved as well. Comparing it to an unrelated item that's marketed to a completely different audience and trying to draw a price range from that doesn't really work.

You are putting the cart before the horse, considering they specifically made a point of not mentioning how it is offered (or even if they will or when they will. Saying it will definately not be in the short term.

Subjective. "Not in the short term" can pretty much be interpreted as "Not in the next couple weeks or longer". They could very well release it with 6.0 or soon after. One thing that is clear is that they are actively working on a way to make it available again. The "if" is becoming more and more of a "when".

But it won't be cheap to save PR (which why do they have to save PR, they already met the obligation of offering a EXCLUSIVE reward for subbing during the time period. My guess, they will either be around 5k CC, or even 2500 CC. If people who want it don't want to pay that, well that is on them. BW would have met their end of the bargain. But I think you are fooling yourself if you think they are going to sell it for a couple hundred CC.

I literally said it should have a sizable price tag. A couple hundred CC is not sizable. Personally, I think they should aim for the 2-3k range. A lot more people would buy it then. Good PR is more of a side element, but any higher and they start risking outrage from the many who've been waiting and requesting this for years.

Remember, the bonus chapter itself was exactly that: a bonus. It was free with about 7 months of subbing. Those months of premium access are what were really being paid for. If placed on the CM, players would have to pay to unlock it with no sub time included(or any of the other bonuses that came with subbing during those original 7 months).

Story content should never be permanently unobtainable in the first place anyway.

Plus I love how you label people you have never met, and making assumptions about how you are so respectable when basically you and the people that want the chapter, are the same as those "suckers" and "kids".

Ah, there it is. Well, we all have our opinions on how things like MTXs, lootboxes, and in-game purchases affect the industry. Not to say there's no place at all for them, but when a pair of blasters go for $35 in real life money, maybe that's crossing a line of some sort.

I don't exactly have the deepest admiration for those who contribute to such business practices by buying into them, but don't let it get to you. In the end, it's just my opinion and people can do whatever they want with their money.

Good PR is more of a side element, but any higher and they start risking outrage from the many who've been waiting and requesting this for years.

They are getting something they should not have, they don't have the right to be outraged at anything.

Remember, the bonus chapter itself was exactly that: a bonus. It was free with about 7 months of subbing. Those months of premium access are what were really being paid for. If placed on the CM, players would have to pay to unlock it with no sub time included(or any of the other bonuses that came with subbing during those original 7 months).

Then let them sub for 7 months to get it, that is the only way this should be obtained.

And for those of us that have it already and continue to remain subbed, a different reward of equal value.

Story content should never be permanently unobtainable in the first place anyway.

Agreed, but the genie is out of the bottle now and there is no putting it back for this case, there is animosity all round.

Lol, want to play those chapters then pay 120 euros for it, since that was what costed us to get it.

It was a matter of time until Bioware put that chapter on the Cartel Market, but if you scrubs want it then play 120 euros, or a bit more, since the game needs its whales.

Tbh Bioware shoudl not add them up, what is the point to give players unique things if they are going to be placed, on a later date on the Cartel Market. This is a result of, a) there is so few content that they have to use what they already have (this is the case with swtor, since the quality and quantity of content is lacklusting and horrible), b) option A si enough, not impressed with the horrible video about Onderon and Mek sha that was advertised by the team. Almost 3 years and this is what we can get. Paid 15 euros to get revan expansion when it was released, now i've to pay 12 (forcing players to be subs to get it) to get this "free expansion". My bet is without the walking and backtracking it will take roughly 2 hours to finish it

you needed an active subscription from 01/11/16 to 08/01/16.

that means 205 days. so it is less than 180 days + 30 days subscription.

if you bought it from swtor.com, it costs you 78,93€ incl. 19% VAT.

if you bought a 180 days prepaid card (third party) and one month via swtor.com, you paid 57,99€ incl. VAT.

but you didn't paid the money -just- for the reward,

you got the reward for having an active subscription over time.

so you also got your cartel coins and you got the playtime you

used to play the game. i think there is just a handfull of people

keeping subscription running for the reward, not the premium status.

7 month of subscription means in total 4200cc.

that means 17€ for 2400cc, 16€ for 2x 1050cc.

so take away 33€ from these 58€ and we get a sum of 25€

for 7 month playtime and the chapter.

so let us cut that in 2 pieces and we get a sum of 12.50€.

maybe we say, that it is more worth than 7 month playtime

an we charge 17€ for it, the same amount shadow of revan costs.

that means 2400cc is a way to high price for it. but maybe the

most would be fine with.

For all the QQing here about price and people saying Bioware shouldn’t offer it again, I think you all need to calm down and realise that Bioware have already decided to move ahead with giving, selling or offering the content again.

Nothing anyone says here is going to change the plans they already have in place.

What ever price it is or if it’s free or if there is a qualifier will be determined by Bioware and has probably already been decided.

If it’s free for subscribers there will be a lot of happy people who don’t already have it

If it costs too much, no one will buy it and it’s another wasted opportunity from Bioware.

If there is a qualifier and it’s reasonable to players, they will stay subbed to get it.

The only thing I want to know is what’s the time frame till it happens.i think that’s the only important question that we might get an answer about.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

that means 205 days. so it is less than 180 days + 30 days subscription.

if you bought it from swtor.com, it costs you 78,93€ incl. 19% VAT.

if you bought a 180 days prepaid card (third party) and one month via swtor.com, you paid 57,99€ incl. VAT.

but you didn't paid the money -just- for the reward,

you got the reward for having an active subscription over time.

so you also got your cartel coins and you got the playtime you

used to play the game. i think there is just a handfull of people

keeping subscription running for the reward, not the premium status.

7 month of subscription means in total 4200cc.

that means 17€ for 2400cc, 16€ for 2x 1050cc.

so take away 33€ from these 58€ and we get a sum of 25€

for 7 month playtime and the chapter.

so let us cut that in 2 pieces and we get a sum of 12.50€.

maybe we say, that it is more worth than 7 month playtime

an we charge 17€ for it, the same amount shadow of revan costs.

that means 2400cc is a way to high price for it. but maybe the

most would be fine with.

Those calculations are all well and good and totally irrelevant.

This is the only important info...

You need to be subbed during THAT period to get it. You had to pay the full sub, not part of it, all of it. And you had to maintain that sub during a time of dwindling numbers and discontent.

Can you go back in time to that period, no. It will have to be a new reward.

So, if they do create a new reward for this again then it should have the same requirement, sub for the 7/8 months. Not backdated, but from a date in future time you need to remain subbed and then at the end of those 7/8 months you'll get the reward.

Why should you be entitled to anything else? You want it then go through the same requirements.

I'm against it, they should not re-run rewards that were in essence meant as exclusive rewards. That was how it was "sold", maybe not in exact wording but the intent and message certainly was exclusivity. Yep they didnt say they would never rerun the reward, but they also didnt say they would rerun the reward later.

For all the QQing here about price and people saying Bioware shouldn’t offer it again, I think you all need to calm down and realise that Bioware have already decided to move ahead with giving, selling or offering the content again.

Nothing anyone says here is going to change the plans they already have in place.

This seems rather hypocritical coming from someone who consistently asks BioWare to change the way they do things.

As someone who qualified for the bonus story chapter and Z0-0M at the first and to this point only time it was offered I feel Eric Musco's post in this thread back in May shows BioWare understands the conundrum they've created for themselves. I'm not firmly opposed to people that didn't originally qualify getting the chance to play this bonus chapter but this was the longest subscription incentive offer in the history of SWTOR. Players needed to maintain a subscription to SWTOR from 2016 Jan 11 thru 2016 Aug 1. How does BioWare offer this content to those that didn't originally qualify and not alienate those that did qualify? I'm not sure that it's really possible to do so BioWare is going to have to pick their poison on this one. In summary, BioWare is now dealing with the long term consequences of a decision that was made with only short term benefits in mind.

How does BioWare offer this content to those that didn't originally qualify and not alienate those that did qualify? I'm not sure that it's really possible to do so BioWare is going to have to pick their poison on this one.

Is there any reason BW couldn't poll every account that did qualify for this? If the majority would be totally outraged, then its poison, but if the majority really couldn't give a dang one way or the other, then the voices of the few would have to accept this change.

Is there any reason BW couldn't poll every account that did qualify for this? If the majority would be totally outraged, then its poison, but if the majority really couldn't give a dang one way or the other, then the voices of the few would have to accept this change.

Take a look at this reddit post and its comments:

Sort by controversial and you can see that all of the comments opposing the release of the chapter are heavily downvoted. And virtually all of the top comments are supportive. If you tallied up the forum posts that are for or against, you'd probably find a similar disparity. Obviously this doesn't directly do what you suggested, but it does give an indication that releasing this chapter again is far more popular than it is unpopular. Bioware shouldn't care about the tiny minority that they will upset by doing this.

And why is that?

Don’t you think long term loyal subs over 12 months already pay their dues?

Then everyone with a sub should have just gotten it then, instead of having to meet criteria, right? It was a promotion. If they're going to re-do it, then they should re-do it with the exact same stipulations, and no retroactivity. As a promotion, I'm against the re-release anyway, but, if they're going to do it, it should cost the same for everyone. Age is not a factor, it's not a perishable item.

Take a look at this reddit post and its comments:

Sort by controversial and you can see that all of the comments opposing the release of the chapter are heavily downvoted. And virtually all of the top comments are supportive. If you tallied up the forum posts that are for or against, you'd probably find a similar disparity. Obviously this doesn't directly do what you suggested, but it does give an indication that releasing this chapter again is far more popular than it is unpopular. Bioware shouldn't care about the tiny minority that they will upset by doing this.

Well, that's meaningless. What is it you'd expect to happen where someone is asking to get something they didn't earn the first time, and people speak out against it? Can't downvote here, but I've been labeled a troll, along with being informed that my opinion wasn't the one BW was looking for, despite what the gold post says. So I'd say that pointing to a thread asking for a return of something that should be locked out for people that weren't eligible, for whatever reason, isn't evidence that it's a good idea. It's just evidence that people love being able to get stuff they didn't earn.

What ever price it is or if it’s free or if there is a qualifier will be determined by Bioware and has probably already been decided.

If it’s free for subscribers there will be a lot of happy people who don’t already have it

If it costs too much, no one will buy it and it’s another wasted opportunity from Bioware.

If there is a qualifier and it’s reasonable to players, they will stay subbed to get it.

The only thing I want to know is what’s the time frame till it happens.i think that’s the only important question that we might get an answer about.

Lol, hey ppl i'm asking something from Bioware, but all you peasants should not ask 'cause the end result will be none. Not sure if you are one or working hard to become one lol .... This means your original poitn is pointless and you started a pointless thread...

Lol, hey ppl i'm asking something from Bioware, but all you peasants should not ask 'cause the end result will be none. Not sure if you are one or working hard to become one lol .... This means your original poitn is pointless and you started a pointless thread...

Your post literally (not figuratively, I mean literally) made no sense. I get the first part about fait accompli (that's French by the way), but the second sentence threw me for a loop. So much so I think I need...

<<another martini>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Actually, you misunderstand.

When the thread was started, Bioware had not communicated they were ever going to allow people to have the chapter who didn’t already get it.

Since then, Musco has replied in this thread to say they want to and are trying to work out a way.

Then I posted a few days ago that other information has been revealed that this is well underway (I cannot post the method this was discovered because that topic isn’t not allowed to be discussed on the forums).

So, my thread was relevant because Bioware publicly said they want to bring it back.

The post of mine you quoted was to point out that it’s going to happen regardless of people QQing and Bioware have already heard all the arguments and real feed back on how people feel.

Now we just need to wait and see how they implement it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Then everyone with a sub should have just gotten it then, instead of having to meet criteria, right? It was a promotion. If they're going to re-do it, then they should re-do it with the exact same stipulations, and no retroactivity. As a promotion, I'm against the re-release anyway, but, if they're going to do it, it should cost the same for everyone. Age is not a factor, it's not a perishable item.

I respect that is your opinion. Obviously we have opposing views. We will just have to wait and see what Bioware now do.

I don't mind to see HK-55 rewarded for new subs. I've got HK-55 and chapter 10 since they became available, and we've had him and chapter 10 to ourselves for a long period of time. Maybe give us an achievement for unlocking it so long ago, so in that sense we can still say we were the 'first' to reap the results of the long grind, and at the same time let more people enjoy HK-55 and Z00M.