Lag spikes since 5.10.2

jjoren

Hey folks,

This is an issue that was introduced with 5.10.2. We have been actively addressing it on the server side as it pops up, if at any point you are still experiencing it let us know what server and what zone you are in.

This will be 100% resolved with our next maintenance which are looking to do soon.

-eric

There is currently a bug in Void Star since 5.10.2 that allows the defenders to instant kill attackers by knocking them into the doors or screens.

This would seem to be related to the anti hack system of going out of bounds (that instant kills you) and I’m wondering if this is also linked to the lag problem with the invisible screens?

It would seem that the server isn’t reading people’s positioning correctly and that is why the invisible screens pop up. Can you please check to see if this Void Star Bug is linked to it. If so, please make sure it’s fixed at the same time.

Also, the anti hack system seems to not be working anymore (maybe linked to this server problem). I’ve accidentally fallen out of bounds at the side node stairs in the Yavin WZ. I was trapped underneath them and could not move. Before when this happened, it would be an instant death for going out of bounds, but this isn’t happening now. I’ve also seen some people phasing through walls Yavin.

I doubt this is related, but just in case:

18% - 30% packet loss at

bioware-ic-147166-dln-b3.c.telia.net [80.239.192.78]

Previous destination, (dln-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.119.243]) is 100% reachable.

Hey folks,

This is an issue that was introduced with 5.10.2. We have been actively addressing it on the server side as it pops up, if at any point you are still experiencing it let us know what server and what zone you are in.

This will be 100% resolved with our next maintenance which are looking to do soon.

-eric

On going list of Lag affected areas.

Star Forge

Imp Side Balmorra is quite bad. (On a side note. I’ve just noticed a little bit of screen tearing on Balmorra too)

CZ-198 Heroic

Civil War PvP map.

Rishi Stronghold training room on ship.

Void Star pvp map - instant death from one hits - “Defeated name with Kill (0 damage)”.

Not sure if it’s related, but this bug is being heavily exploited in Void Star

Corellia Square Arena pvp map

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Still killing it on Star Forge with not being able to click on ship, 3 - 16 second delay of abilities, LAAAAAG with 30 ping, and quit as I was attempting to do Big Guns Planet Quest #1 and no Generators were resetting so all Generators were destroyed for over half an hour and put a FULL STOP to all questing on Balmora.

Whole ops group had huuuge lags yesterday in Gftm hc on Tulak Hord. Though some tries were running more or less smooth (only short lag spikes), in others action froze for over 10s for some of us (server lag at >20,000 in my case). Edited by Thayya

So after analysing the lag spike situation I've come to a conclusion that this game's servers cannot handle the amount of players it currently maintains.

Assuming same amount of players on both sides go to a single planet and assuming a single instance holds up to 200 players per side (Because I NEVER seen more than 150 at a single time) per instance.

We can safely assume the developers AXED the server capacity again which in turn is causing this insurmountable amount of lag.

I mean, really ?

You announce a new Expansion, and you AXE server capacity at the same time ?

BioWare is gone, my sub is done, good day to everyone.

Smiles and Rainbows.

Hey folks,

-eric

Just had it on Ord Mantell on Darth Malgus. Delayed abilities, delayed anything clicked on and server lag going between 37-80 off and on.

Edited by serenitty

Guys, it’s not server hardware lag. It’s software created lag. This only started to occur after 5.10.2 was released. We have not had an influx of players and none of the hardware changed (too my knowledge). It’s why they need to patch it and do a server restart. If it was hardware, they wouldn’t need to patch the software,

The only conclusion is they changed some system or injected some extra code that is causing this affect that looks like server lag.

From reading everyone’s responses in other threads, as well as my own experiences and also reports on other bugs, I have a theory on what’s happened.

The game has had a lot of Desync since 5.0. I believe Bioware has been trying to fix that and it might be what’s causing these problems because desync is what happens when the server can’t determine a players position properly.

On top of that, Bioware added an anti hack protocol last year to instant kill people “hacking”, ie, phasing into or through walls. Basically going out of bounds would instant kill you.

Since 5.10.2 was released, we have this “lag” problem, an instant death bug in Void Star if you get pushed into a door and the Anti Hack stuff doesn’t seem to instant kill you anymore in the Yavin map. Plus I should add, we had all stronghold decorations moved around at the start.

All of these things seem to be related with player and item positioning. This is why I think they have changed some code or system. The only reason I can see that they would do that is to try and fix the desync in the game.

I hope they get this patch out before the weekend or double xp will be ruined for a heap of people.

Since the restart there are massive lag spikes in pvp and the strong hold and stuttering in the game. Ping meter jumps 200-300ms above normal.

Tried diagnosing the issue from my end using ping Plotter, tracert and the looking glass server near the data centre.

There are zero problems between me and the server. This indicates that the problem is behind the Bioware firewall.

Star Forge - EC story mode last night (after server side fix), 4 of the 8 man group hung completely for almost 10 seconds at the same time. Pings were <20ms. No movement, no updates, no abilities, just hung and then back to normal. The rest of the group continued on during. Edited by michaelcshow