item disappeared from interface editor

Ruvalie

I often play with the social center disabled in the user interface, but when I need it I just go to the interface editor and enable it. However, today when I went to the interface editor, the social center was not there. It wasn't just disabled, it didn't appear at all. Nothing happened when I tried to use a key to bring up the chat box either. This is only the case in my customized interface where I have moved things around and changed the sizes and so forth. So, how do I get it back? It would be a huge pain if I had to recreate my interface from scratch.

One thing you can do is edit the GUIProfile XML file directly. I had to do that recently when I moved the Alignment Toggle and accidentally put the label outside of the screen space so I couldn't click on it to move it. First, make a backup of your current GUI profile. Now load up a profile with the Social Center window visible and save that as something easily identifiable; e.g., Social. Go ahead and leave that profile active for now and exit out of the game completely. Now locate your GUIProfiles; for me on Win10 it's: [user]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles. If it's not there for you you can either search for GUIProfiles or the name of the profile that you use. The profiles are named with the name you gave the profile as an XML file, so Social.xml for example. Open both the profile you need to edit and the one you created with the Social Center visible. You can do this with any text editor; Notepad++ is a very good option. Note, make sure the game is closed when you do this. In the Social Center profile search for 'SocialCenter'. Select everything between <SocialCenter> and </SocialCenter> and copy it. In your profile you need to edit search for 'SocialCenter' again and replace the text. Next, back in the Social Center profile, search for 'SocialNotifications'. Again, select everything between <SocialNotifications> and </SocialNotifications>, copy, and paste into your profile. Finally, in the Social Center profile, search for 'SocialWindow'. Select everything between <SocialWindow> and </SocialWindow>, copy, and paste into your profile. Save your edited profile. Close everything out then load up the game. Change to your edited profile and the Social Center should now be active and restored.