Sick to death of the server lag

DewyMossEmpire

My MS is fine. 30 or so.

The only problems are the FPS in 24man groups and how the server itself seems to fail at determining player positions. Not uncommon to see players spaz all over the screen and lately charges have been failing a lot. On powertech completely failing to activate and going on cd, on juggernaut they go half the distance.

I really wish these technical problems got solved before onslaught, but i know how this goes. It will take another 3 years at least.

Edited by Nemmar

Honestly couldn't say what my MS is at the moment but I've noticed the lag being worse on certain planets: Alderaan and Odessen being the worst, with Voss and sometimes Belsavis being close seconds. Don't know if it's just my laptop's connection to the wi-fi in the house or Comcast's ISP.

I've also noticed that the Red X of Death occurs the most on Belsavis.

• 11 months later...
There is no significant server lag for me, and I assume not for most players, or there would be more complaints about it.

It's most likely that it is caused by some router or hub between you and the SWTOR servers. Keep in mind that it's possible that it's only your route to SWTOR that has the problem - your route(s) to other games and apps are probably different and unaffected.

Old post but assumptions are just that, its not just the OP as stated and is a constant topic in Global Chat. Their servers/game design can't handle the population and or is placed haphazardly causing this issue. Then we have the days (A lot of them) that the FP is so low or you just disconnect randomly. ~:o

Old post but assumptions are just that, its not just the OP as stated and is a constant topic in Global Chat. Their servers/game design can't handle the population and or is placed haphazardly causing this issue. Then we have the days (A lot of them) that the FP is so low or you just disconnect randomly. ~:o

It could be that the server population is higher than they expect, especially if everyone's at home?

Edited by DarkestMicheal

Read back through the thread where I discuss pingplotter. Down load it and run it in the back ground to find out if there are problems.

Yes, it's a constant topic in chat because hubs, routers, etc, are constantly going belly up.

The internet is a vast and complicated system, and Murphy's law is in full force.

It's simple really. Some people get on here and complain about lag on Star Forge (for example), but I, and most other players are not having problems. It therefore would seem that the problem must lie outside the servers, or everyone would be having problems.

Plus of course, these things happen regularly, and get cleared up automatically, but people seldom hop back on the forums to say that everything cleared up.