Serious Need to EXPAND the number of missions we can hold

OrionSol

But, why do you keep picking up missions and letting them just sit in your mission log?

You could partly solve this problem by just completing some of the missions and/or by abandoning some and picking them up again later when you intend to actually do them.

But, why do you keep picking up missions and letting them just sit in your mission log?

You could partly solve this problem by just completing some of the missions and/or by abandoning some and picking them up again later when you intend to actually do them.

I would like to see the ability to drop some missions that are forced upon you or you pick up solely to have access to a planet. Crystal ball is one such that I don't plan to do on all my toons. Not going to do Makeb any further than actually getting on to the planet for TC on the rest of my toons either.

It isn't just old missions allowed to sit. I actually posted about this last week in the Suggestion box forum, and added up the following:

1. ground pvp daily
  2. ground pvp weekly
  3. ground gsf daily
  4. ground gsf weekly
  5. weekly Galactic Conflicts for 3 MM fps
  6. rotating timed weekly for MDCs
  7. ossus weekly
  8. daily patrol to do 5 dailies
  9. ossus heroic weekly
  10. the three actual ossus heroics
  11. the 12 actual ossus dailies

That's 24 mission right there. You need to leave one slot open to queue up for group finder, which caps you at 25. If you have other missions in progress, for example the Weekly Priority Targets for world bosses, or any of the 4 Aratech missions, that could add another 5 potentially. Maybe you still have Qyzen Fess' recruitment mission, or the one for M1-4X or Lt. Pierce, so another two in progress there. Maybe you still have some of the star fortress ones. And that also doesn't allow you to have the weekly operation mission, or something for uprisings or veteran flashpoints, or even a solo mode flashpoint if you were working on getting, say, Alliance Recon Data from the Umbara flashpoint.

Granted, at any given point in the week you may completed some of those, freeing up slots. But, its very easy to have more than 30 missions potentially in progress even with a lot of the story content completed.

I have no idea what it would do to database requirements or otherwise slowing things down, but save for some major performance impact, I would favor increasing the log to at least 30 if not higher.

Let's say you have the unranked warzone weekly ... and because of your playstyle, it takes about 2-4 weeks to complete. On top of that, you picked up the alliance alert for Pierce or 4x. Perhaps you have begun the Seeker droid and Macro missions and are only advancing that when convenient or are having a hard time getting a group for the final mission. You may have the world boss weekly but only partially complete as that too can be hard to find a group for at convenient times and you may also have the Qyzen alert and are farming world bosses for that. You could have picked up the weekly for Iokath but it's not possible to pick up 10 missions in 1 day there from the mission board. If you are in a guild and earned any conquest points, 2 conquest missions are automatically added to your log. You may have the weekly GSF mission but play at a server time where queue pops are few and far between. Those are just a few examples of why you might keep things in your log rather than abandoning them. Things that aren't tracking progress can be dropped and picked up when convenient, but if you have a bunch of things that are partially done and don't want to lose the progress and you start a daily area like Ossus, it may be hard to get all the missions at once without having to back-track. ON Ossus, you may also grab the time sensitive weekly and the WB weekly on top of the other dailies and weekly.

It's not a huge deal, but there are reasons why some missions sit in a character's log for a long time.

Another poorly thought out feature is when a story arc (like prelude to SOR) is a mission and it's telling you to complete a specific mission to advance that one. So you actually have 2 missions logged for the same story until you complete the final one.

it isn't just old missions allowed to sit. I actually posted about this last week in the suggestion box forum, and added up the following:

1. ground pvp daily
  2. ground pvp weekly
  3. ground gsf daily
  4. ground gsf weekly
  5. weekly galactic conflicts for 3 mm fps
  6. rotating timed weekly for mdcs
  7. ossus weekly
  9. ossus heroic weekly

that's 24 mission right there. You need to leave one slot open to queue up for group finder, which caps you at 25. If you have other missions in progress, for example the weekly priority targets for world bosses, or any of the 4 aratech missions, that could add another 5 potentially. Maybe you still have qyzen fess' recruitment mission, or the one for m1-4x or lt. Pierce, so another two in progress there. Maybe you still have some of the star fortress ones. And that also doesn't allow you to have the weekly operation mission, or something for uprisings or veteran flashpoints, or even a solo mode flashpoint if you were working on getting, say, alliance recon data from the umbara flashpoint.

Granted, at any given point in the week you may completed some of those, freeing up slots. But, its very easy to have more than 30 missions potentially in progress even with a lot of the story content completed.

I have no idea what it would do to database requirements or otherwise slowing things down, but save for some major performance impact, i would favor increasing the log to at least 30 if not higher.

this!

It isn't just old missions allowed to sit. I actually posted about this last week in the Suggestion box forum, and added up the following:

1. ground pvp daily
  2. ground pvp weekly
  3. ground gsf daily
  4. ground gsf weekly
  5. weekly Galactic Conflicts for 3 MM fps
  6. rotating timed weekly for MDCs
  7. ossus weekly
  9. ossus heroic weekly

That's 24 mission right there. You need to leave one slot open to queue up for group finder, which caps you at 25. If you have other missions in progress, for example the Weekly Priority Targets for world bosses, or any of the 4 Aratech missions, that could add another 5 potentially. Maybe you still have Qyzen Fess' recruitment mission, or the one for M1-4X or Lt. Pierce, so another two in progress there. Maybe you still have some of the star fortress ones. And that also doesn't allow you to have the weekly operation mission, or something for uprisings or veteran flashpoints, or even a solo mode flashpoint if you were working on getting, say, Alliance Recon Data from the Umbara flashpoint.

I have no idea what it would do to database requirements or otherwise slowing things down, but save for some major performance impact, I would favor increasing the log to at least 30 if not higher

Um that is easily solved.

One quick run through Ossus and you're done. Those 15 missions or more are not there.

If you've capped with Ossus rank, then honestly unless you just like credits, the Heroics are pointless. (Devs should have implemented better rewards with that or at least better CXP. But that's another subject.)

Not doing the heroics also saves you a TON of time. You can do Ossus dailies (excluding the WB) in around 15-20min. (That's on the PvP server.)

As for the rest, like has been stated just pick them up when you're doing them.

You don't have to hold all the dailies at one time. Unless you're playing all day long, you can easily grab a couple, do them, go grab the others.

I'm all for removal of the forced ones though. You should always be able to drop any mission!

Um that is easily solved.

One quick run through Ossus and you're done. Those 15 missions or more are not there.

If you've capped with Ossus rank, then honestly unless you just like credits, the Heroics are pointless. (Devs should have implemented better rewards with that or at least better CXP. But that's another subject.)

Not doing the heroics also saves you a TON of time. You can do Ossus dailies (excluding the WB) in around 15-20min. (That's on the PvP server.)

As for the rest, like has been stated just pick them up when you're doing them.

You don't have to hold all the dailies at one time. Unless you're playing all day long, you can easily grab a couple, do them, go grab the others.

I'm all for removal of the forced ones though. You should always be able to drop any mission!

There are achievements and decorations associated with doing 60 heroics and the daily patrol for five dailies 90 times. Not to mention the weekly for the 252 box. So, there’s plenty of reasons to do the missions well beyond Legend rep and plenty of reasons to do the dailies and/or heroics past your weekly for 252. Even if it was just something you were doing to kill time while waiting for a WB group to start up, or, in a few weeks, a Hive of the Mountain Queen group.

Baring a performance hit, what’s the downside? Why so Negative Nancy?

There are achievements and decorations associated with doing 60 heroics and the daily patrol for five dailies 90 times. Not to mention the weekly for the 252 box. So, there’s plenty of reasons to do the missions well beyond Legend rep and plenty of reasons to do the dailies and/or heroics past your weekly for 252. Even if it was just something you were doing to kill time while waiting for a WB group to start up, or, in a few weeks, a Hive of the Mountain Queen group.

Baring a performance hit, what’s the downside? Why so Negative Nancy?

Yes, if you're an achievement hunter. But even then what I stated is quite easily done. I did it till I reached legend.

But you misunderstood my post. I never said don't do the daily/weekly. In fact I said do it at one time then you can just be done & have those missions gone.

I will say there is NO point to running the dailies on toons that have done the Weeklies. (Unless you're an AH.)

I just run one toon through all 10 for the weekly, or split it up to 5 per day. (Have a LOT of toons.) I even have a spreadsheet to keep track of who's done what for each week. That way I can get my MWC & gear.

For the OP, there is a simple fix around his complaint.

If they increased the cap, then they would have another in here shortly complaining wanting it raised another 5-10.

You're meant to complete the missions. Not sit on them forever.

The studio has enough things they need to implement or fix without taking time away from those to increase a mission cap that isn't a NEED but a want.

Honestly some times I think some forum users object just to be contrarian or get their post counts up.

So the question remains, what’s the downside, barring a database performance hit? And for all you folks who say “But you don’t need to pick up X, Y, Z mission!” ... well that is your advantage that you are so efficient, lucky, or playtime-Rich that you don’t have to pick up all those things. How does my request hurt you or your playstyle?

At least the ground pvp ones you can pick up in the warzone. The GSF and Ops ones cannot, I either have to go to Fleet or Odessen. Yes, group finder will auto-grant some of the weeklies, but you have to have the space free, and sometimes you might be looking to do a specific flashpoint with your guild for conquest or maybe you are all helping each other get achievements. I like to have every over-arching quest in my log at the beginning of the week so that I’m prepared on any toon. I have a ton of alts after the DvL event and I don’t always know who has done the breadcrumb mission for, say, Terror from Beyond. It’s not huge but that’s how you get the Red Rhombus title for example, so it’s somethjng I want to complete on most of my toons. My load times into Odessen or fleet aren’t terrible, I have SSD drives on both my desktop and laptop, and neither computer has a bad connection to the net per se. But it’s added time I dont want to spend when I have, say, 45 minutes to play before work and every minute counts. And I hate to have to do extra work because I forgot to pick up the daily or the weekly.

So really, do you have a specific objection other than, “you dont’t need it”? Because I know I don’t “need” it (the title of the OP’s thread notwithstanding), that’s why it’s a feature request or suggestion.

What hasn't been addressed here is log overload during the leveling process either. There are still returning and new players that want to catch them all along the way. I returned after 5 years recently and when I hit Hoth (I believe) I had to start abandoning things left and right because I'd gone around and picked up a bunch of random stuff along the way. Flashpoints, dailies, quests for things I had a level for but wasn't to that point in the story yet. And yes, 5 more slots would've covered it. Sure, I can go pick these things up again, and it wasn't a huge problem to sort through the log and pinpoint what was 'important' to me at that point, but when I hit that cap, I definitely had an 'UGH' reaction. And it's been 25 since beta. You'd think after 8 years they'd have increased it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.